Lawn tractor Briggs 18hp vanguard v-twin , wont statI

buddylloyd

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Lawn tractor Briggs 18hp vanguard v-twin , wont statI
I have a Simplicity mower with a 18 hp briggs vanguard v twin.

The other day I was cutting grass and I heard a pop. Like a fouled plug.

I looked in my tank and I had ran out of gas.

Upon re fueling when I tried to start the motor , it did not start , turned over, but seemed to have a ticking sound and rather fast spin or turnover.

What, in what order should I check. Any good reference material out there?

Thanks, new to forum appreciate any and all help.

Tinkerer200

Threads
I would remove the spark plugs and see if there is compression coming out both cylinders. IF so, remove the valve covers and see if all is well in there, push rods in place and working. All apparently OK there, remove the cooling shroud and disconnect the Kill Wire from the base of both coils and try the engine. Don't run without cooling shroud.

I can send you a Service, overhaul, Manual for your engine IF you like. Address below, put in proper format and remind me model number and what you want.

Walt Conner

buddylloyd

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would remove the spark plugs and see if there is compression coming out both cylinders. IF so, remove the valve covers and see if all is well in there, push rods in place and working. All apparently OK there, remove the cooling shroud and disconnect the Kill Wire from the base of both coils and try the engine. Don't run without cooling shroud.

I can send you a Service, overhaul, Manual for your engine IF you like. Address below, put in proper format and remind me model number and what you want.

Walt Conner

Thanks Walt, will get needed info to you later today.
Kind Regards,
Buddy Lloyd