Running a small engine on kerosene?

snorky1

Threads
why not just use it in a forced air heater to warm your shop/garage

cruzenmike

Threads
If the fuel is "dirty" could you filter somehow before using in any engine. I cannot imagine that dirty fuel would be good for the engine. It could probably be run through a cheesecloth and brita filter to clean it up? Just a guess. LOL

As a side note, my Grandfather would use fresh Kerosene to flush his lawn mower engines. He would drain the oil, remove the plug wires, add some kerosene to the oil and crank it over for second or two. He would do this two or three times until what came out of the engine was clean and clear. Then he would replace the filter and fill with clean oil. From my recollection, all of his engines went hundreds of hours without any issues.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
I have a Kohler engine with over 1000 hours. All its ever had was just basic oil changes. Simply changing oil and filters as required will be all you need to do. No need for rinsing them out with anything

cruzenmike

Threads
I have a Kohler engine with over 1000 hours. All its ever had was just basic oil changes. Simply changing oil and filters as required will be all you need to do. No need for rinsing them out with anything

With all my small equipment I just flush the engine using fresh oil. I don't mind spending an extra $10 a year getting a little extra dirt and debris out. Overkill, maybe, that my method surely won't do any harm.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
No nothing wrong with it. :) in my case it would cost me a extra 2 to 5 hundred a year if I did that. 5 mowers running about 45 hours a week. Oil change every other week. Tends to get costly .