The Daily Yardman Thread

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

nearly finished with my installation of the used western plow frame and wiring on my suburban, will try the plow on it today......I saved the plow from my old 95 K2500, but the frame and wiring were in bad shape so I got a better set off Ebay.......other than that all I did was work on my rock wall in the area I made for parking my horse van.
IMG_5313.jpg
IMG_5315.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

DAMN you Doc, you're killin me, YOU ARE RETIRED !! Go set your arse down already !! ..:laughing: ..:laughing::

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

nearly finished with my installation of the used western plow frame and wiring on my suburban, will try the plow on it today......I saved the plow from my old 95 K2500, but the frame and wiring were in bad shape so I got a better set off Ebay.......other than that all I did was work on my rock wall in the area I made for parking my horse van.
View attachment 33869
View attachment 33870

Doc,

Glad you're keeping busy.. Also glad I'm not building a rock wall, or installing a snow plow..

Yesterday I repaired my Manual bilge switch on the boat. I discovered it wasn't working during one of my "Prepare to get underway" - checks. The boat has fancy switches with the tip ends of the toggles that light up red when in operation. I removed the switch from the console panel and discovered that the housing was cracked and inside the contacts were corroded. I took it apart, cleaned the contacts and then carefully epoxied the case back together. It works fine now. I also disassembled my Yamaha throttle/shift body as I felt the throttle had become sticky and harder to advance than it used to. Everything inside was clean and well greased, no corrosion at all, so I sprayed everything with Boeshield's T-9 and that seemed to help. T-9 is a great waterproof lubricant and protectant, developed by Boeing for aircraft, but works wonders on boats. I also us it on my vehicles. https://boeshield.com/ Try it, you'll like it! Great for electrical connections too!

Roger

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Last post was:

08-05-2017, 09:04 AM
NorthBama replied to a thread For Sale: Murray 8HP, 30" Rear Engine Riding Mower in Private Party Ads
wow I cant believe no offers at 85. Its a nice looking machine

I heard from "James Lewcious" (NorthBama) this morning, just a thank-you for a post I made.. SOooooo I GUESS he's "warm & breathing" ( alive) !! ...:thumbsup: ..:thumbsup:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Doc,

Glad you're keeping busy.. Also glad I'm not building a rock wall, or installing a snow plow..

Yesterday I repaired my Manual bilge switch on the boat. I discovered it wasn't working during one of my "Prepare to get underway" - checks. The boat has fancy switches with the tip ends of the toggles that light up red when in operation. I removed the switch from the console panel and discovered that the housing was cracked and inside the contacts were corroded. I took it apart, cleaned the contacts and then carefully epoxied the case back together. It works fine now. I also disassembled my Yamaha throttle/shift body as I felt the throttle had become sticky and harder to advance than it used to. Everything inside was clean and well greased, no corrosion at all, so I sprayed everything with Boeshield's T-9 and that seemed to help. T-9 is a great waterproof lubricant and protectant, developed by Boeing for aircraft, but works wonders on boats. I also us it on my vehicles. https://boeshield.com/ Try it, you'll like it! Great for electrical connections too!

Roger

Yeah Rog, I have several cans of T-9 ..THEEE best !! Do your boat cables have grease fittings on them..?? steering cables usually had them, and I once ran across a throttle cable with a little plug port you could install a grease fitting into. I have some other great products too! I'll have to make a list and post it later, I have some stuff made by CRC (I think) like a spray-on liquid rubber, BEST electrical connections protection I have EVER used !! I use it on everything!! ( was thinkin it might sell great... as a spray-on condom, but I guess a sweetie would freak-out, if she saw ya spraying something on your Johnson-rod) ..:laughing: ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

DAMN you Doc, you're killin me, YOU ARE RETIRED !! Go set your arse down already !! ..:laughing: ..:laughing::

Believe me, I am taking it easy, before I retired I would come home from a ten or twelve hour shift, turn on the outside lights and work on the wall till midnight or a tow call came in. I was always on the go, sleeping just 3 to 4 hours a days.....now I sleep through the night, but still pack enough to do during the day so I don't feel lost.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

this is how far I got last night, parked the loader there to see if he likes it.......LOL....I should finish by Wednesday.
IMG_5317.jpg

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Yeah Rog, I have several cans of T-9 ..THEEE best !! Do your boat cables have grease fittings on them..?? steering cables usually had them, and I once ran across a throttle cable with a little plug port you could install a grease fitting into. I have some other great products too! I'll have to make a list and post it later, I have some stuff made by CRC (I think) like a spray-on liquid rubber, BEST electrical connections protection I have EVER used !! I use it on everything!! ( was thinkin it might sell great... as a spray-on condom, but I guess a sweetie would freak-out, if she saw ya spraying something on your Johnson-rod) ..:laughing: ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

No that throttle cable had a fitting for injecting OIL into the cable.
You dont grease throttle cables.
You do grease brake cables.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

No that throttle cable had a fitting for injecting OIL into the cable.
You dont grease throttle cables.
You do grease brake cables.

NOT mower cables Bert, I was talkin bout MARINE boat cables, OMC had a TINY little hand-held grease-gun for such fittings , like a hypodermic needle with a handle !

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

I don't do boats, had a boat many years ago, it needed more attention than the wife at times....got rid of it.