The Daily Yardman Thread

primerbulb120

Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

HEY primerbulb...
why no avatar ??? WHERE in Fl. are you located ?? Don't make
me send TOM .. the "Texas Ranger" to squeeze it outa ya ...!!! ( LOL )...:laughing: ..:laughing:

What do you mean? I have an avatar!

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
YARDMAN operation

Boo, et al....,

After getting all my other work done, I went out and started up the Yardman. It ran fairly well so I went up the drive and around the neighborhood several times. As I went along, I tried adjusting the needle valve on the carb to see what effect it would have, as I previously noted that when the engine RPM's started to oscillate, if I advanced the throttle to close the choke slightly, it would immediately come out of it, I thought a richer fuel mixture might 'fix' it. When the engine is at a idle, turning that needle valve will increase or decrease the idle speed very slightly.. (And NO Boo, I'm not turning the idle adjust screw!). What is odd (at least to me) is, the needle jet screw has a plastic sort of 'cam' around it, that only allows you to turn the screw maybe 1/4 of a turn in either direction, is that normal now-a-days? When I was a kid you could run the needle jet screw all the way in or out, but not this one... WTH????

Then I noted I was getting the evil eye from the 'other half' (who obviously didn't perceive my riding around as actual "work") so I dug out my chain saw and cut down three dead trees she's been worried about. I hooked my home made trailer to the Yardman and hauled any of the good wood out behind my wood shed to be split and stacked later. The rotten stuff had to be loaded into my 5X8 utility trailer to be hauled to the dump at a later date.
.................................................................................................................................

Prime-Number,

It is raining here right now, maybe coming your way soon.
.................................................................................................................................

Submarine Float - I spent sometime yesterday, just staring at the Yardman wondering how to go about building a structure what would eventually support whatever I come up with for a submarine.. My buddy out in CO who has a CAD program in his computer, is currently on a trip to Alaska with his wife in their Mercedes Sprinter camper. (He built the interior himself and it is beautiful!) However, he says that because of the shape I want to use for the sub body, his program can't design it, which means that I've got to wing it pretty much... Lots of things tend to go wrong when I wing things, so I often go through a prolonged period of "mental development" where I utilize "Roger's internal CAD system" and try to figure out all the pitfalls and how to overcome them BEFORE I get too deep in a project. Unfortunately my CAD system is neither fast, nor fail-safe, which tends to slow progress down even further... Every now and then I think maybe I should stick with the modern submarine hull shape which is basically round tapering down as you go aft. And then just build it on it's own trailer and tow it with the Yardman or whatever.. That would certainly simplify things...
...................................................................................................................................

Anyway... It's 49.9*F outside and pouring rain, we're suppose to haul traps at 0845 this morning... We'll see..

Y'All have a good one, ya hear?

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Roger ...
I was told you know everything about the vessel in this photo .....care to explain ...????

View attachment 32320

Boo,

Yeah,

Unfortunately with the collapse of the USSR their rather large submarine force became 'unfunded' and they hauled obsolete boats up rivers and creeks all over the place and just left them there to rust into oblivion. There has been concern as some of these boats were nuclear powered and it is unknown if the reactors have been removed. When the USA puts a Nuke boat into 'mothballs' they often cut the reactor section out and then weld the hull back together. The reactors are then stored somewhere "safe"...

There are lots of pictures of Russian submarines in various stages of decay and even partially sunk in waterways. There are enough pictures on this site to give you an idea of what I'm talking about:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Aba...P_s4PUAhVG5yYKHUblAmgQsAQIIQ&biw=1920&bih=952

They have even abandoned some of their Typhoon boats which are the biggest submarines in the world! (They are HUGE!!!)

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

What do you mean? I have an avatar!

OK ...OK cut me some slack ... old age is catchin up to me and when ya have a neked sweetie on each knee
huggin n smoochin ya ALL OVER it's kinda HARD to concentrate if you get my drift ... actually the message was meant for Tom ..(pumper54) ...the "Texasss Ranger"... :confused2:..:rolleyes:

AND ya never mentioned where in FLORIDA you hiding all these mowers ...!!!!!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Goomba...
About that mixture screw on your carb . ..... That plastic thing on THAT screw is called a limiter cap...more E.P.A. BULLSCHITT..!!!
I just use a pair of side-cutters ( KLEIN preferred) to chew away at it until I get it off... BEING CAREFUL NOT to bend or distort
the screw itself ....!!! heres a couple of pics of BEFORE & AFTER removal clik ONCE to open... clik AGAIN to ENLARGE.. but you knew that !!

1396455523390.jpg

DSCN1963.jpg

DSCN2450.jpg

DSCN2457.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I already know you're going to remove the screw and shoot seafoam into that jet-hole ...ARE'NT YA...??? ....

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Boo,

Yeah,

Unfortunately with the collapse of the USSR their rather large submarine force became 'unfunded' and they hauled obsolete boats up rivers and creeks all over the place and just left them there to rust into oblivion. There has been concern as some of these boats were nuclear powered and it is unknown if the reactors have been removed. When the USA puts a Nuke boat into 'mothballs' they often cut the reactor section out and then weld the hull back together. The reactors are then stored somewhere "safe"...

There are lots of pictures of Russian submarines in various stages of decay and even partially sunk in waterways. There are enough pictures on this site to give you an idea of what I'm talking about:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Aba...P_s4PUAhVG5yYKHUblAmgQsAQIIQ&biw=1920&bih=952

They have even abandoned some of their Typhoon boats which are the biggest submarines in the world! (They are HUGE!!!)

Rog

AHH ..UHHhh I heard YOU & a few compadres got a lil snockered one evening and decided to take a Navy sub for a " JOY-RIDE "
and this was the end result of that brief excursion ..WELLLLL ????

primerbulb120

Threads

AND ya never mentioned where in FLORIDA you hiding all these mowers ...!!!!!

WAIT a minute... If you inspected all my mowers with reconnaissance drones, you already know where I live! What's going on here?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

WAIT a minute... If you inspected all my mowers with reconnaissance drones, you already know where I live! What's going on here?

AHhh cut me some slack ... it was'nt your place after all ... in my old age I have hallucinations, and visions of grandeur, N neked sweeties
I dont want your street address the city or county is good enuff .. just need a general area to see if I can catapult some loads of outhouse
effluent over there ...( LOL ) ..:laughing: ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

primerbulb120

Threads

AHhh cut me some slack ... it was'nt your place after all ... in my old age I have hallucinations, and visions of grandeur, N neked sweeties
I dont want your street address the city or county is good enuff .. just need a general area to see if I can catapult some loads of outhouse
effluent over there ...( LOL ) ..:laughing: ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

About 80 miles away. That would be a big catapult!