The Daily Yardman Thread

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

I want it for cleaning up live oak leaves. Do you think I need the XL model for my 44" deck, or will a smaller model suffice?

Well it's not gonna work for that. You gotta wait until the oak leaves are dead and on the ground! :laughing:

You may want to go with the smaller Classic unit if it's for homeowner use but I see they only recommend them for decks up to 40 inches. The Classic still holds a cubic yard. They may not look that big but they are definitely a bit cumbersome. The frame is just hollow aluminum tubing...you do need to watch what you're doing.

I haven't looked at the never models. I know they have made a lot of changes to them over the years, constantly trying to improve them. But I think you can expect it to be loud running along with the mower, dusty as hell at times and at least somewhat cumbersome to maneuver. But they do what they're supposed to do. If you want a quiet, dust-free leaf pickup solution that doesn't make your mower a lot harder to maneuver then it's not for you.

From what I've been told the folks at CR are very helpful and I'm sure they'd be happy to help you with your selection. Or have them send you their free info kit. I'm certainly no expert. They used to have a liberal 6 month satisfaction/return policy. I don't know if they still do. Trac-Vac and DR also make town behind vac units but around here I see mostly the CR ones, maybe because they're manufactured here in my home state.

Edit: Just want to make sure you realize that the CR unit is on casters and has a rigid mount to the mower. They swing really wide.

Last edited:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 221,387

Total views 883

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Morning Ted
sunrise 38.jpg

Morning all you Stayers

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Good Mornin there Chuck, ....YESS.jpg

Good Morning to the CLING-ON'S .. (same thing as what Chuck calls Stayer's,) ..mechanic.jpg

The thought 4 2day : ..tumblr_mf9buxoX211r6rrbpo1_500.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Morning Ted
View attachment 35966

Morning all you Stayers

Darryl the "night-owl" probably get's to see this more than most of us .. NICE pic ! Course, (primmrosebulb) ..(LOL) .. go's scavenging at night, so he most likely see's it often too ! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Boo & Rog

Which attach. are ya meaning ??? I checked and everything I posted this morning appears OK , I see that sometimes after posting the the "thumbnail pic" gets replaced by the attach. number, I think the site's picture handling does that ...I dunno ..?? ..:confused2:..:confused2:

View attachment 35912...View attachment 35913 did you mean these ??

Geez Boo, did you have to pick a picture with me looking like a sour puss? I do realize that it is difficult to get a picture of me looking much better than that, but still....

Attachments

• 2018-1.jpg
    2018-1.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 5

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Quick Notes

Just wanted to give a quick welcome to m'brother Darryl - - or is he m'other brother Darryl??
..............................................................................................................................

And Chuck,

Sorry about your Dad and about your grandmothers selling the car.. Schitt happens.. But that was schitty...
...................................................................................................................

Don't let Boo fool ya, he and I were overwhelmed by the sheer size of Webster's Flea Market! 35 acres of sales area on 60 acres of land! The girls had to practically roll us out of there in wheelchairs! Neither one of us could walk another step!

Then I really screwed up! I had been telling them about this great little BBQ place over in Bushnell, only to find out when we got there that it was closed on Mondays!! Bummer!!

Y'all keep things rolling here, yer doin' a fine job!

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Boo & Rog

Geez Boo, did you have to pick a picture with me looking like a sour puss? I do realize that it is difficult to get a picture of me looking much better than that, but still....

OHHhh .... OHhhh ..HOLD ON Lisbeth.. I'm comin ( as Red Fox used to say (LOL) ) .... And we are "Graced" with the BIG-KAHUNA'S visiting !!
There are NO good pictures of you, OR me, for that matter, just us Grumpy Ol Men !! Glad to see you're keeping an eye on us, WHAT ..??
did ya think we'd get "out of line" & rowdy ?? ... fat chance !! ..of YOU ever catching us, that is !! ...( LOL )

tumblr_nyl45t1THd1sovvazo1_540.jpg

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

Happy Friday to the working class.......Happy Saturday to the rest of us!

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Quick Notes

Just wanted to give a quick welcome to m'brother Darryl - - or is he m'other brother Darryl??
..............................................................................................................................

Rog

Hi. This is Larry speaking on behalf of my brothers Darryl. Thank you for your kind words.