The Daily Yardman Thread

Pumper54

Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Just letting everyone know I am alive and sorta well. shoulder acting up, been to the doctor a couple of times and having an MRI done on Monday. Issue is it hurts to put my hands in the position I need to ride my motorcycle and/or operate the mouse and type on my key board. This message will be the end of my typing for today so you all play nice and hope to be back sometimes next week with results from the MRI.
Tom

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

DAMN Chuck, at first when I saw your "emoji" i thought you were being sarcastic about my comment to Ron, THEN, I realized, you must have somehow angered the Gods. I sure hope the vomiting related to the illness they cast upon you is relieved forthright !! Have YOU, tried any Pepto-Bismol ..??? Stay tough and hang in there trooper, BTW, your boots could use a better spit-shine !! :laughing:..:laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Just letting everyone know I am alive and sorta well. shoulder acting up, been to the doctor a couple of times and having an MRI done on Monday. Issue is it hurts to put my hands in the position I need to ride my motorcycle and/or operate the mouse and type on my key board. This message will be the end of my typing for today so you all play nice and hope to be back sometimes next week with results from the MRI.
Tom

OHhhh Boy Tom, sorry to hear bout your shoulder, that's gotta be tough to have your hands hurt that much, guess your sexual relief is out he window too !! have you tried alternating hands ..??? ..

59d42de4fbcb460daaef00d3c51963bb--smiley-faces-emojis.jpg

However, on the serious side Tom, I wish you well, and hope everything is resolved for you to enjoy GREAT health ! .. Boo

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Here it is, 6:30 A.M. .... and NOBODY !! shows up for roll-call AGAIN !
Doc is usually the first every morning, followed by Chuck ( usually ) then Goomba, We're gonna start pullin Atta-Boys and strippin of GOLD Stars, this "group" is actin more & more like "Pappy-Boyington's" Black-Sheep Squadron ( and we think we get away with murder ) all you guys need to shape-up, ya'll snugglin with the wifey too late at night ( or too late in the mornin, whichever the case ) I thought we were the most notorious deplorables on the forum !! We have a reputation to uphold ( LOL ) OK guys let's get with the program, EVERYBODY should check in at least ONCE a week, Tom is out on Medical leave ( bar-room brawlin AGAIN ! ) We are on a roll here and we've almost reached 100 K views..... October 31, is a short distance, LET'S ROLL !!

race_car_in_the_air_and_wheels_are_going_apart.jpg

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

Good Morning Boo

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Boo,

That was a great picture! It should have had the heading, "I'm going to drive the wheels off this thing!" .... LOL

Hey, I'm here in the morning! I have to catch up on all my emails before I get involved with this gang of outlaws.. And somebody was right when they asked you what in hell you put in your coffee!! You 'fly-boys' tend to be wound a little too tight, know what I mean?? I think it may have to do with your training. Airplanes fall out of the sky rather quickly, requiring the crew to react in a speedy manner. (Which means a lot of yelling and screaming over a very short period of time.)

Submarines, OTOH (Bert-Man taught me that acronym) sink slowly (by comparison) and once you've figured out that you don't have a damn thing big enough to plug a hole that large, then we are taught to maintain a sense of calm as the boat settles towards 'crush depth', just to prove how tough you are. Only once during the several 'depth excursions' (that is what Nukes now call "sinking" in this PC world) I experienced over the ten years that I served, did I ever see anybody 'flip-out'. And to be fair, he was asleep in a bottom bunk when our down-angle caused him to slide out of bed, then down the deck until his feet hit the bulkhead which woke him up. He rolled over and looked up hill (if you will) just as I stepped out of "Hogan's Alley". Evidently he wasn't awake enough to really figure out what was going on, (or maybe he DID!) but anyway he came clawing his way up the deck, screaming like a banshee... It took me a minute or so to calm him down after he got up to me.. After that, he just got back into his rack, while I headed towards Control Room to figure out why we were sinking.

Just so this doesn't leave everyone wondering - We had (for a short while) an officer who really didn't belong on submarines. (We schitt-canned him.) But on this occasion he had been tasked with figuring the compensation, which is a complicated equation used to insure the boat dives with what will hopefully be neither a positive nor a negative buoyancy. Unfortunately, in this case he'd made a 50,000 pound mistake all of which ended up in our forward tanks, giving us an immediate 20 degree down angle upon diving. We zipped past "Test Depth" that day and went quite a bit deeper before the diving officer, the Auxiliaryman (responsible for blowing the tanks) and the Controllerman back in Maneuvering (who put the boat into 'All Back Emergency') 'caught it and got us headed back up.. What little hair I have left is quite gray, you suppose....???

Roger

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

Roger, I give you and Boobola kudos........I dont fly and I dont get in boats that make it a habit of simulating sinking.

Thank you for that shared memory, now dont do that again.