The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

keeping with my tradition of posting everything I do..........:laughing:

working in the garage on my cub cadet 100, getting tired of the clutch rattling so I am pulling the whole assembly out and redoing it

Man, I don't know how you keep up with it all! I'm concerned that retirement may kill you!! You're supposed to relax now and then, not work 24/7...

Although saying that got me thinking:

Yesterday I had to help my neighbor (the guy I lobster with) haul up his deep well pump. It was down 185'. Dang thing got heavy what with 1" pipe full of water! We discovered it was drawing three times the amperage it was supposed to, which was why it was tripping out. I also discovered one hot lead had a 'leak' in it. (High resistance reading to ground.) So he bought a new pump and cable. We hooked that all up and put it back down his well. Now he has water again and his wife can stop bitching about not being able to take a shower! She also gave us hell because we got rusty water on their new blacktop. (We have a lot of iron in our water here.)

I was 'supposed' to be laying a new floor in our first floor bedroom.. Playing plumber slowed me down and I only got seven rows of flooring nailed down. Got to have that all done by the end of the week 'cause one of my other half's cousins is coming to stay for a bit and we need that room completed. Gotta go buy a new bed too!

Geez, I gotta get off here and get to work!

Roger

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

I always give my money I piss away a second thought. It does not help but I think about it. I am in on the Money award thing.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Doc,

Could you expound on this just a little? Ya got me worried.. I'm hopin' that my off-center, sense of humor hasn't ruffled your feathers..

Rog

I can't figure it out either, Did one of us schitt in his mess kit .??

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I always give my money I piss away a second thought. It does not help but I think about it. I am in on the Money award thing.

THAT'S GREAT Chuck, I hope the rest of "the gang" feels the same as us, looks like I'm gonna have to SHAME Rog, into this, he's the only guy I know that can squeeze a nickel hard enough to make the buffalo schitt ! But I'm sure , VERY SURE I can find a way to make him cough it up !! Time and his evil-ways are on MY side !! ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

OK "GANG "
I jus took a serious pill so listen up !!

The way I see it were looking at this thread possibly reaching a year with gettin away with all kinds of hell and antics. ( very kind of the mods. and admin for not banning us ) So I'm thinkin, we've been having fun here and we've become buddies with each other. ( sorta like the gang on the "CHEERS" TV show. ) I seriously think a "GOOD" prize would be a cash-pot !! Theres 8 of us that are "regulars" on the thread. So, that's it !! NO MORE NEWBIES IN ON THE PRIZE ! I'm thinking each of us kick in $10.00 to the pot. !! That's $70.00 , not to shabby for guessing a number. that means the winner will have to send his REAL home address so each of us in the UNlucky 7 can mail it to him ( address can be sent in a PM ) ya can't really spend $10.00 for a year of entertainment AND friendship, NOW $70.00 ... just before Thanksgiving !! Nice.. Now we get to see who among us feels this "trip" we're on is worth the $10.00, so one of us could put the money toward whatever they want, maybe take the wifey out to a FINE dinner, donate to a charity ,buy mower parts, use it for Christmas gifts, buy more ammo, go to the bar and buy drinks, WHATEVER your heart desires ! I'm NOT rich, nor do I throw away money,( I'm on a fixed income too,) but c'mon theres plenty of times you've peed $10.00 away and never gave it a second thought. I think ALL you guys are worth your weight in gold as a friend and I would be more than happy to see one of us be a little happier ! NO SCHITT ! ..Boobala ..:thumbsup::cool:
what ever the majority wants to do is fine with me.

Doc,

Could you expound on this just a little? Ya got me worried.. I'm hopin' that my off-center, sense of humor hasn't ruffled your feathers..

Rog
key word "outside" there is a member on this site that goes out of his way to pm me and tell me how things work, and constantly telling me when I am in the wrong, now normally I let this crap slide, but just because I am a new member to the site does not mean that I am a newbie to tractors,lawnmowers, chainsaws, and just about every other fricking thing with a engine on it...notice I did not say motor because they are electric or hydraulic.......he is an absolute pain in the buttocks . No one here on the short bus has done anything to offend me, I do not offend easy, but I hate a know-it-all that has no clue what I might already know myself......:frown:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
UP-DATE ABOUT PRIZE

OK....... So far ..Chuck , Ted, & Russ are in, Bert declined to me in a PM, (understanable) no -one is gonna shove a gun up your arse and force you to get in on it ! HOWEVER !! if Rog doesn't come in , ( THAT'S the guy that started THIS thread !! ) Well he may be in for dire consequences !! ..:laughing: ..:laughing: ..:laughing: ......... SO it's down to $50.00 still not bad !!

Last edited:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

In case ya missed it, Tom posted an up-date on his travels, see the post ( Missing Member )

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

watch out for sink holes there Boo

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

That is a mind boggling thing ! So many theories of why it's happening . I'd like to know too! but what's more important is where,
it's really scary when ya think about the guy who was in the house when it went down, I think that was a couple years ago, I believe it was his brother that tried to rescue him but that was not to be. Guess you saw recently 2 houses were just swallowed by one, and 11 others evacuated.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

yea, and I remember the guy from two years ago, he never had a chance