Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

And the wait is over.

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Your kind of oats sounds like a cheerie way to start the day....

Actually, steel cut oats are far from mushy. They have a much firmer texture that has been referred to as "nutty." (maybe
the oats are not all around these parts that is described with that adjective....)

Ron,

I was just pulling your chain. I used to be a hippy-dippy-organic-dirt farmer back in the 70's and actually ate steel cut oats, but now-a-days I prefer Cherrios with a handful of raisins and a sliced up banana with almond milk.

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Ron,

I was just pulling your chain. I used to be a hippy-dippy-organic-dirt farmer back in the 70's and actually ate steel cut oats, but now-a-days I prefer Cherrios with a handful of raisins and a sliced up banana with almond milk.

Rog

NOPE ! 3 eggs over-easy, rye toast with raspberry jelly, several sausage links with applesauce, a slice of tomato with a dab of mayo, a bowl of steamin hot cream of wheat, with a pool of butter floating on top, with cinnamon sugar, and huge cup of hot black coffee !! OR maybe,.. just a couple BLTs with coffee and a sweet-roll !!

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Climate Change

Boo,

In order to avoid looking any dumber than I already do, I prefer to refer to "Global Warming" as "Climate Change". Anyone who has lived as long as you or I have, knows fully well that our climate has changed over the years and continues to do so.

When my Grandfather was alive (dob 1876) Casco Bay where I grew up, used to freeze over solid nearly every winter, allowing a man to drive a horse and sled out to the inner islands to deliver goods. When my mother was growing up (dob 1912) , the bay still froze over but being salt water rarely got hard enough to support a horse and sled, although people could walk on it safely. While I was growing up (dob 1944) the bay froze over less and less often, so that it became a significant event when it happened. My daughter still lives there (dob 1969) and has only seen it freeze a few times and only hard enough, even in the coves, to walk on maybe twice. My grand daughter (dob 2000) has never seen it freeze solid, even in the coves along the shore. (This winter may be different though!!)

It is the cause of climate change that is in question and to deny that human intervention hasn't exacerbated the situation, seems to fly in the face of sensibility to me. As humans, knowing that this is the only 'ball' we get to ride around on, we should do everything in our power to keep it as livable, clean and non-polluted as possible. It just makes sense. It's why we built schitt houses and then sewer systems and then sewer treatment plants.. Etc.....

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

NOPE ! 3 eggs over-easy, rye toast with raspberry jelly, several sausage links with applesauce, a slice of tomato with a dab of mayo, a bowl of steamin hot cream of wheat, with a pool of butter floating on top, with cinnamon sugar, and huge cup of hot black coffee !! OR maybe,.. just a couple BLTs with coffee and a sweet-roll !!

Boo,

You are gonna die!! And 'cream of wheat'!! Double yuck!! Try cream of rice someday, it has a much better flavor.. (I'd continue with the pool of butter though.) Like grits, butter, salt and pepper.. But cream of rice still tastes better.

Rog

PS: How come you don't weigh 300 lbs? You're skinnier than I am!

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Skinniest!

Guess which one is Boo-Boo!

Hint: It ain't the one with the sweet tea in his hand!

Attachments

• Ted & Roger.jpg
    Ted & Roger.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 7