Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Almost made it to the cup

giant-coffee-cup-white-elephant-gift-1.jpg

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Damn!! There always has to be a smartass that catches me up!! However!! I would ask you to note the 'grave accent' in the proper spelling of the word. Ne'er is pronounced "nare" where as Neer is pronounced "near".. That was the point I was trying to get across. You need the grave accent (').

Thanks Ron.....

Rog

Sorry, Rog..........but you've missed the mark...just a bit.
The grave accent mark is always placed atop the particular letter which it is affecting.
The mark proper for the contraction "ne'er" is an apostrophe, indicating a missing letter or letters...
in this case the missing "v" from "never"
You are correct, however, in your assessment that punctuation was missing from Boob's original statement...........

IMHO.......

Last edited:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

ROLL TIDE ROLL....

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Sorry, Rog..........but you've missed the mark...just a bit.
The grave accent mark is always placed atop the particular letter which is is affecting.
The mark proper for the contraction "ne'er" is an apostrophe, indicating a missing letter or letters...
in this case the missing "v" from "never"
You are correct, however, in your assessment that punctuation was missing from Boob's original statement...........

IMHO.......

Goomba, I think WE need to take this "book-learned worm" out behind the barn, and show him what happens when anybody tries to take away our "atta-boy" gold stars, ... :laughing:..:laughing:
Did you catch where HE, entered the word "is" TWICE , between ( which) & (affecting) ..:dance1:..:cool2:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Goomba, I think WE need to take this "book-learned worm" out behind the barn, and show him what happens when anybody tries to take away our "atta-boy" gold stars, ... :laughing:..:laughing:
Did you catch where HE, entered the word "is" TWICE , between ( which) & (affecting) ..:dance1:..:cool2:

Jus' seein' if y'all was payin' attention................
Have yoiu seen the pic of my barn??

I don't mean to be the grammar police....just some things grate like fingernails across a chalkboard to me...

I also think that, if one is going to make corrections to another's post, they should be correct in their corrections...

Recently my daughter-in-law put a pic on FB which showed her feet on a small rug.
Her step-mom posted "Is that your feet?"
Was all I could do to NOT respond to that one.....though it STILL bugs me.....

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Jus' seein' if y'all was payin' attention................
Have yoiu seen the pic of my barn??

I don't mean to be the grammar police....just some things grate like fingernails across a chalkboard to me...

I also think that, if one is going to make corrections to another's post, they should be correct in their corrections...

Recently my daughter-in-law put a pic on FB which showed her feet on a small rug.
Her step-mom posted "Is that your feet?"
Was all I could do to NOT respond to that one.....though it STILL bugs me.....

Beats hell outa, is dem yur clod-hoppers ? ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

If women do the same job for less money, why do companies hire men to do the same job for more money?