The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Today Dec. 16, 2017

Boux - Beautiful oranges! I wish Boo had a tree like that.. I'd move in with him!!

Bert-man. Appreciating a young woman's beauty is simply not the same as appreciating a beautiful sunset, or any other natural beauty, for indeed, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". However, it 'should' be an integral part of a man's DNA. It only becomes "perverted" if you make animalistic sounds deep in your throat and drool.. Of course both of those reactions are also part of our DNA, but society has tried to 'groom' them out of us and refine us. Evidently you are more 'refined' than some of us.

If you have ever been present when a female goat in heat, has been brought into the proximity of a male goat - (people who raise goats get offended when you call them Nanny and Billy goats) - then you have a good idea what our animalistic (male) reactions might have been back before society 'tamed' us.. Goats may be domesticated, but 'tamed' they are not!

I was afraid Doc's cold weather was headed this way, but it's 17 degrees F. this morning, a veritable heat wave!

I finally finished the headboard I built for the middle grand daughter's bed. That is what she wanted for Christmas, (odd kid!) We got her the bed for her last (15th) birthday. SWMBO applied the stain and urethane.

Y'all have a fine day now, y'hear?

Roger

Attachments

• DSCN2127_991.jpg
    DSCN2127_991.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 6

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Looks like the forum is gettin a lil sparse these days, guess everybody is prepping for the holidays, I miss the guy's that haven't piped in lately, we haven't heard from Tom (Pumper54) , James Lewcious (NorthBama) , and Clyde (Primerbulb120) very much lately, BUT Ron, ,Numbers (7394),..I'm not even gonna try to spell the (Cajun-Kings) full moniker Bo does jus fine ...( LOL ) have picked up the slack as "regulars, anyway I figure it's gonna be all about snow-blowers now, up till spring when most guys in the COLD, FREEZING, FROST-BITTEN, UN-INHABITABLE land-mass North of Central Fl. can get back to even thinkin bout cuttin lawns, AHhh the starting problems, from those that faltered and did not prepare their equipt. for the winter period, there will be many I'm sure , I better start lookin for a place for Doc to move to, I know with the weather he's facing NOW, it won't be a hard sell, I think he'd miss the rolling hillsides and lakes, n streams so it's either Mt.Dora, or still better, Howey in the Hills, GORGEOUS Fl. town, with REAL HILLS and valleys, a lil south of Ocala, nice and friendly area , I'd be there myself had I known about it before I bought where I'm at now. Oh Well ! Guess I'll go see what's brewin elsewhere...

!cid_X_MA1_1287261945@aol.gif

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Today Dec. 16, 2017

Boux - Beautiful oranges! I wish Boo had a tree like that.. I'd move in with him!!

Bert-man. Appreciating a young woman's beauty is simply not the same as appreciating a beautiful sunset, or any other natural beauty, for indeed, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". However, it 'should' be an integral part of a man's DNA. It only becomes "perverted" if you make animalistic sounds deep in your throat and drool.. Of course both of those reactions are also part of our DNA, but society has tried to 'groom' them out of us and refine us. Evidently you are more 'refined' than some of us.

If you have ever been present when a female goat in heat, has been brought into the proximity of a male goat - (people who raise goats get offended when you call them Nanny and Billy goats) - then you have a good idea what our animalistic (male) reactions might have been back before society 'tamed' us.. Goats may be domesticated, but 'tamed' they are not!

I was afraid Doc's cold weather was headed this way, but it's 17 degrees F. this morning, a veritable heat wave!

I finally finished the headboard I built for the middle grand daughter's bed. That is what she wanted for Christmas, (odd kid!) We got her the bed for her last (15th) birthday. SWMBO applied the stain and urethane.

Roger

Nice job there Goomba, the only thing I can do with wood, is either burn it, or make sawdust.. ( LOL )

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

14° this morning, not to bad, light wind from the north. They say it will be 34° by Monday...ah that will be nice. Either way, the last two days and my dog gives me this face when I tell her it's time to go out and feed the horses.......
Nananap2.jpg

So I sometimes go out and do the horses myself and when I come back in this is what I find.........
Nananap1.jpg

Nana hates the cold, but hates rain even more....LOL

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Today Dec. 16, 2017

Roger
Very nice work there Rog, I know I could never have done it any better.....I'm a rough out carpenter, build you a barn, shed or house....but furniture is something I just can't grasp.
Mainly the reason I work with metal and engines....me make diesel smoke!

Side Note: We raised a few goats when the kids (no pun intended) were little and in 4H club....Goats behave like a crazed sailor on leave for the first time in 9 months, hide the women and the beer!

P.S. I agree with your view on the beauty and power of the ladies. If you can't turn your head and smile when a pretty lady walks by, then you're dead inside..LOL

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

Looks like the forum is gettin a lil sparse these days, guess everybody is prepping for the holidays, I miss the guy's that haven't piped in lately, we haven't heard from Tom (Pumper54) , James Lewcious (NorthBama) , and Clyde (Primerbulb120) very much lately, BUT Ron, ,Numbers (7394),..I'm not even gonna try to spell the (Cajun-Kings) full moniker Bo does jus fine ...( LOL ) have picked up the slack as "regulars, anyway I figure it's gonna be all about snow-blowers now, up till spring when most guys in the COLD, FREEZING, FROST-BITTEN, UN-INHABITABLE land-mass North of Central Fl. can get back to even thinkin bout cuttin lawns, AHhh the starting problems, from those that faltered and did not prepare their equipt. for the winter period, there will be many I'm sure , I better start lookin for a place for Doc to move to, I know with the weather he's facing NOW, it won't be a hard sell, I think he'd miss the rolling hillsides and lakes, n streams so it's either Mt.Dora, or still better, Howey in the Hills, GORGEOUS Fl. town, with REAL HILLS and valleys, a lil south of Ocala, nice and friendly area , I'd be there myself had I known about it before I bought where I'm at now. Oh Well ! Guess I'll go see what's brewin elsewhere...

View attachment 35070
Boobala, I do hate the cold, but if I decide to pack it up and move.....it will be to St. Thomas
Saint Thomas.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Boobala, I do hate the cold, but if I decide to pack it up and move.....it will be to St. Thomas
View attachment 35073

Yes Doc, the islands ARE beautiful, but like with MANY other places, we would like to share it with CLOSE friends & family, when it's remote and pristeen, however ... it doesnt take long for "Paradise" to become an OVER-crowded, flagrant, OVER-populated schitt-hole !

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nana the cold hating dog

Doc,

When you have given a dog her own bed and her own remote, you can't expect her to all of a sudden want to climb out of those soft, warm bed clothes, turn off the Animal Channel and venture out into 14 * F weather.. You no longer have a "dog", you have a spoiled, four-legged child!!

Thanks for the kind words re: my wood working skills. Truth is, the secret to good wood working is to pretend it is metal and make everything fit perfectly. Never use the piece itself to measure with, always use a ruler and make your cuts as accurately as possible. Once I quit thinking, "Hell, it's wood, that will fit" and started measuring down to the 1/32" to 1/64", things started going together much better. The bitch is, wood is not stable and changes with humidity.. Metal? Not so much...

Roger

PS. You haven't lived until you've hit the beaches of St Thomas with a Submarine crew!! Ooh!! The depravity of it all!!

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Nice work, Roger.
Looks like a whole bunch of mortise and tenon work there..........
I just love drilllin' square holes....(wish I could do that in metal....)

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

The easiest way to locate any lost item is to purchase its replacement.............