The Daily Yardman Thread

Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

I guess I'll throw a post in here for the B-Day boy. We got over 3 inches of Sneaux down here last Friday. Sure was pretty. Once every 25 years or longer we get a heavy snow that stays on the ground. Since we on the Gulf coast it rains before it snows, so when the snow hits the ground it melts.... I seen it stay cold from a dry front that came thru and the next front was a wet one and dumped snow and no rain. That was back in 74 I think.....

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Re: BIRTHDAYS

I quit that Palm tree stuff, kept gettin hit by fallin coconuts or bananas !! ..any word on the availability of those Money-Trees, I'm ALWAYS in need of the pickins they bring forth !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

They are called paulowna trees.
You rent a big block of land and plant a lot of saplings then you sell these valuable tree's timber futures to unsuspecting mugs on a share farming basis.
Tree will grow 10 to 20 foot a year so you can suck in a lot of mugs , then after 7 years grab the money & run.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

I just encountered something different (no. NOT you.Boo !)

I installed a new ballast in a fluorescent 2 lamp fixture in which the old ballast had 2 red wires,2 blue wires, and 2 yellow wires (in addition, of course,
to a black and white power wires.)
The ballast was wired with 2 red wires to head socket #1; the 2 blue wires to head socket #2, and the 2 yellow wires to one tail socket and jumper wired to the other tail socket.

Every other ballast I have run across only has 1 wire per socket.
That is how I wired the new ballast, and everything works fine.

Anybody else ever seen that??

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

I installed a new ballast in a fluorescent 2 lamp fixture in which the old ballast had 2 red wires,2 blue wires, and 2 yellow wires (in addition, of course,
The ballast was wired with 2 red wires to head socket #1; the 2 blue wires to head socket #2, and the 2 yellow wires to one tail socket and jumper wired to the other tail socket.

I stumbled upon the same thing in the basement last year and wired them the same that you did. :thumbsup:

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: BIRTHDAYS

Remember! There are only three more shopping days until Boo-Boo's Birthday! (Well, four days if you count shopping on his birthday..) And also remember that Bert-Man's Birthday falls sometime during the week following Boo-Boo's!

Boo would like donations made in an effort to help him raise his own work shop! He is sick and tired of being a palm tree mechanic and wants his own building. It doesn't have to be as fancy as Ron's, or as full of crap as Doc's, just a building with a roof and walls.. OH! And AC of course!!

Bert would like some secret means of accessing inexpensive American parts that would include FREE shipping by air... If anyone currently (or previously) involved with running drugs could help out setting this up, we'd appreciate the assistance.

Cake and ice cream will be sent to all respondents.. (May not survive shipping to Southern locations.)
it's my crap, all my crap, mine mine mine..............(in Daffy Duck voice)

Last edited:

mhavanti

Threads

Ronno asked me to tell Beaudreaux this, so, here goes:

Two Cajun fishermen, Boudreaux & Thibodeaux, went deep in the bayou fishing.
They were gone a couple of weeks. On their return
They noticed a Taco Bell had been built while they
Were away.

One turned to the other and said, "Look at dat,
We not gone no time and dem Mexicans done come
Over here and built a telephone company"

Ok, done, enjoy.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I guess I'll throw a post in here for the B-Day boy. We got over 3 inches of Sneaux down here last Friday. Sure was pretty. Once every 25 years or longer we get a heavy snow that stays on the ground. Since we on the Gulf coast it rains before it snows, so when the snow hits the ground it melts.... I seen it stay cold from a dry front that came thru and the next front was a wet one and dumped snow and no rain. That was back in 74 I think.....

Thanks for thinkin bout me there BO, glad you got back here, hows bout you visit a lil more often, we need some more input from the Cajun-King that you are! ..:thumbsup:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I give-up . . HAS.. anybody seen that ????