The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Whee! thank you for confirming the Aw Sheet protocol

Sorry I did'nt clarify that in the beginning ...... can't have my good friends losing sleep...ya know !! ...:laughing: ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
WE DID IT!!! 20K AND COUNTING!!!!

Boo, Blaz & Bama, (The Three "B's"!!)

I gotta thank you guys, (or as an old lady I knew in TN used to say, "You'ns") I got up early this morning, (It's load the boat and load the car day) to find that we exceeded our goal by 350 views!!! (Of course I realize that 300 of those were Boo-Boo alone, but that's alright...) That still means that Boo-Boo aside, some 150 lonely lawn cutters, wrench twisters, blade sharpeners and down-and-out mechanics came on here to read the crap we've been spouting since sometime last Fall. Amazing!!

I have to straighten one thing out though, although Boo-Boo is right, I'm packing up today to leave sunny Florida (which is killing me, because this has been the best winter ever!), we am not heading straight back to Maine. Our town clerk sent us an email yesterday telling us not to hurry back as there are still snowbanks everywhere. (We only have a little over 700 people in our town, so the town clerk pretty much knows everyone and keeps us all up to date with what's going on..)

Anyway, we are headed first, for the Western tail end of North Carolina where we have a couple of friends.. Those dedicated readers of you, may recall I mentioned that we spent April of 2016 in Ridgeland, SC, due to finding 4-1/2-feet of snow barring the entrance to our boat shed when we got home on April 2nd, 2015. Well anyway, we invited these NC friends to come down to SC and stay with us for a spell as we never get to see them as much as we'd like. They stayed a week and we had a ball visiting all the historic places in Beaufort, Port Royal and surrounding environs. During an evenings conversation I discovered that my buddy wanted to build a new work shop on his property in NC, so I volunteered to help him in the Spring of 2017, and now . . . Here it is - - - Spring 2017!!!

Last Summer, my next door neighbor in Maine was going to throw away a Porter Cable FC-350 'clipped head' framing nailer that he said didn't work and I talked him into giving it to me. He was right, it would not drive nails, so I took it apart and discovered the nylon-plastic "bumper" in the rear of the cylinder was smashed into a million pieces. I ordered a replacement, cleaned out the gun, installed the new bumper and now it works like a champ. I already owned a Porter Cable FR-350 (Full round head) nailer, so I told my NC buddy that I would bring it down with me and give it to him. (He has an air compressor, but no framing nailer.) So I expect by Monday (3/27) we'll be driving nails with it.

It will be a busy couple of weeks, but hopefully we'll get most of the buildings structure up. I have no idea how big it is going to be.

Thanks to one and all for pushing us over the top!! Gold Stars for All Hands!! Well done.....

Rog

Pumper54

Threads

Rog,
Glad to hear you will be staying down south for a spell. Been goofing around with my Go-Pro and learned how to post videos on YouTube so watch out world. :)
I also added to my collection of FREE mowers and stuff and started a couple of threads at the "Front Porch" forum here.

Have fun building the "shed" and watch out if you wire the safeties on the nail guns. We had to pull a guy off a roof years ago after he shot 3 nails through his knee into the roof he was working on because he had wired the safty, He was a hurting puppy, trush me.

Have a safe trip and I look forward to meeting you all sometime in mid June or so.
Tom

Just saw my "post count" heck I'm half evil. LMAO

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

NOTICE to .." the gang " following this thread ....

be on the alert... theres a sleeeezy Texan kid running around grabbin lawn equipment that folks leave un-attended
in front of their house while attending to important matters elsewhere for a few minutes ( he's fast ) he's claiming
they left it out curbside, .... for trash !! someone overhead his accomplice calling his name .... PLUMPER ..or something sounding like it.. PLUNKER, ..PLUMBER...POOPER ...whatever ??? REWARD of $ 54.00 ..so far !! ..:laughing: ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

Also ...has ANYBODY heard anything from our buddy Tom ...???

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Rog,
Glad to hear you will be staying down south for a spell. Been goofing around with my Go-Pro and learned how to post videos on YouTube so watch out world. :)
I also added to my collection of FREE mowers and stuff and started a couple of threads at the "Front Porch" forum here.

Have fun building the "shed" and watch out if you wire the safeties on the nail guns. We had to pull a guy off a roof years ago after he shot 3 nails through his knee into the roof he was working on because he had wired the safty, He was a hurting puppy, trush me.

Have a safe trip and I look forward to meeting you all sometime in mid June or so.
Tom

Just saw my "post count" heck I'm half evil. LMAO

Tom,

"Half Evil" you say.. You have no idea. That used to be my number when shooting skip on CB radios was the thing to do (back in the mid to late 70's) "CQ-CQ-CQ-DX, this is Triple Three - Triple Three - World Wide - Hello . . . come in..... We're standing by" . . . . I had a 100-watt linear amp and a three element beam up on the barn roof.

Not to worry buddy, I would NEVER wire down the safety on a nail gun. I saw pictures (X-Rays) of a guy with several nails in his HEAD!! That put the fear into me!

Do you have my personal email address? Send me a PM if not..

Rog

NorthBama

Threads

Good morning Roger
I am anticipating some good pictures of the shed build

Pumper54

Threads

LMAO you guys are killing me here. Boo Boo my lawyers will be contacting you soon as to your defaming me. Look for a letter from the law firm of Dewey, Cheatem and Howe.
Tom

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

LMAO you guys are killing me here. Boo Boo my lawyers will be contacting you soon as to your defaming me. Look for a letter from the law firm of Dewey, Cheatem and Howe.
Tom

Bring em on... MY lawyers just got me off on a rape case by pleading INSANITY !!
Told the court I was " crazy " bout that "stuff" ......:laughing: ..:laughing: ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

Pumper54

Threads

Bring em on... MY lawyers just got me off on a rape case by pleading INSANITY !!
Told the court I was " crazy " bout that "stuff" ......:laughing: ..:laughing: ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

You Sir are a freaking nut. LMAO

Tom

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Good morning Roger
I am anticipating some good pictures of the shed build

Bama,

Well buddy, I'm afraid you are going to be disappointed, (as am I - really!)....

When I got here, I discovered my buddy had no real plan of attack. His land here (and ALL around here) is all hills and hollows. His house sits on a banking and his current shop (which is stuffed full of crap right to the ceiling) is down below the house in a hollow. After we surveyed that area we decided that the only answer to his problem - and to do this project "right", - we would have to tear down his existing building (which is in terrible condition) and then build the new structure in that location. The problem with that, other than the time required to take the existing building down, we'd have to remove everything from inside it and hand carry it up that damn hill so it could be stored on his rear deck which is covered over. Neither one of us is physically up to hauling band saws, lathes, table saws, etc... up that freakin' hill... (Plus it has rained part of everyday here so far and as we are only a couple of miles from the GA border, the place is a mess of Red Georgia Clay!!!) - Today is supposed to be nice..

Oh, to complicate matters even further, he has an old Toro tractor (it's a beast like the Bolens we picked up last Fall) that is currently dissembled because he is replacing the steering mechanism in it, and it is parked right in the way of construction of the new structure. Yesterday a parts company called him and told him his parts are in.. now he wants me to help him put it back together!! That ought to be fun, . . . I wasn't here when he took it apart, and he disassembled it over a month ago and has been waiting for the parts, but didn't take any pictures of the disassembly! You guys KNOW what a mess that is going to be.. I'll take a picture of that today and post it..

So then we looked at an area up by the house which he recently had partially excavated by a buddy with a backhoe. He decided THAT would be the best place for the shop, which I agreed with 100%.... But.... (make that) - "BUT"!!!!! - - the area excavated isn't yet large enough (and the 'buddy' with the backhoe is working for free and only comes when he has nothing else to do) - - AND - - MY buddy wants to pour a slab there first so the building can double as a garage!

Needless to say, that puts the entire project back - who knows how far? Maybe even months!

Then he asked if I'd help him remove the counter top from their large, complex shaped, kitchen island and build a new wooden top for it! Holy crap!

I'm just going to do some sight seeing and then go home, snow or no snow...

Roger