The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: LMA - Swap Meets - Rallys - etc.....

I have never been to Harald's. I'm afraid of the money I would spend. I could buy the whole place. I mean I want.to purchase the business then I would have my sickness finally taken care of. Oh the time I could spend in the bone yard.

Chuck,

I know what you mean! Just think of all the machines and all the parts you'd have available to you! Still it makes all of us miserable to see all that going to waste..

Roger

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: HARALD'S LAWN TRACTOR GRAVEYARD

Hang in there Boo-Boo... We're all doing our level headed best to resurrect the machines we come across! Everyone is doing the best they can.. I saw several of the old Ford LGT tractors and I've always wanted one of those. Unfortunately, even though they have a great little diesel engine, they didn't have a PTO, so there isn't much you could do with them except haul stuff around. I almost bought one once, but my better half pointed out the fact that I couldn't do much more than haul a trailer with it.

Do you know of any tractor graveyards around here?

Roger

I have a listing of some ... I will post a list of what I have soon.. have to get everything lined-up... to put
in a picture type post...

It would be a REALLY great thing if ALL members would post the NAME & ADDRESS of ANY
mower " bone-yards " they know of ..so we could compile a list ..state by state or at least in an acceptable size area ( ie. as within 50 mile radius of ?? ) NOW.. would'nt that be a great accomplishment.....???? ...:cool2::banana:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

OK you guys...
I did it !! .....Go check out my NEW post located in ..Small Engine& Mower Repair Forum .

TITLE: ( Mower,Junk ,Salvage or Scrap )

Hope I got the ball rolling !! ...:smile: ..Boobala

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

OK you guys...
I did it !! .....Go check out my NEW post located in ..Small Engine& Mower Repair Forum .

TITLE: ( Mower,Junk ,Salvage or Scrap )

Hope I got the ball rolling !! ...:smile: ..Boobala

Done and Done!!!

Roge

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
"REAL" Tractors

Boo-Boo got me back into thinking about "real" tractors, which is what eventually got me into lawn tractors.. Let's face it, most of us don't have the acreage that would require a "Real" tractor and those of us who are sensible enough - (or, as in my case have a better-half, who is sensible enough) to realize that sometimes, 'small' IS better!

Still I have always loved the old "N" Series Ford tractors and during the time I was researching them I ran into this fellows website: http://oldfordtractors.com/

If you have any interest in old Fords, I encourage you to check this guy out. He does an exemplary job of restoring machinery. I found his work inspiring enough to tackle several mechanical jobs that I might otherwise have shied away from. Enjoy......

Roger B

Attachments

• 8N Ford.jpg
    8N Ford.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 2

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
The last Chapter..

Well all,

It looks like this thread has finally come to an end... and I'm going to miss it.

I do hope someone beside myself learned something along the way.. There are some truly knowledgeable guys on this forum who are very willing to share their expertise with others. I appreciate all the help and want thank all the respondents.

Now it is our duty to pick up our tools and go forth and fix sh!t . . . 'er 'stuff'...

My best to everyone,

Roger B.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: The last Chapter..

Well all,

It looks like this thread has finally come to an end... and I'm going to miss it.

I do hope someone beside myself learned something along the way.. There are some truly knowledgeable guys on this forum who are very willing to share their expertise with others. I appreciate all the help and want thank all the respondents.

Now it is our duty to pick up our tools and go forth and fix sh!t . . . 'er 'stuff'...

My best to everyone,

Roger B.

BOY O BOY !!! There ya go jumpin the gun ... this thread IS NOT FINISHED !!
finally found my pic of the spring on the Nikki carb. that caused so much problem...
when this return spring on the choke valve lever gets goober'd up with greasy dirt or whatever .... it causes erratic engine behavior ... a lil blast with the air hose, & a good shot of WD40 ... can save some headaches, these carbs are found on most Briggs & Stratton SINGLE cylinder OHV engines...after cleaning , slap the choke linkage back n forth a few times to insure proper operation ...Boobala ..:thumbsup:

.....................DSCN1962.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

WD-40 attracts dirt don't use that.

Yep that's not over yet.

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
RESURRECTION!!!

Yep that's not over yet.

Thanks for breathing some more life into this wandering thread you guys.. I thought it has gasped it's last and I didn't want to beat a dead horse...

If you don't use WD-40, what do you use? My current favorite lubricant is T-9 by Boeshield, made by the Boeing Company. I use it for everything on my boat and my cars. It is especially good for protecting electrical connections.

The Boeshield T-9 story: http://boeshield.com/about/

The Boeshield T-9 product: http://boeshield.com/

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: The last Chapter..

I finally found my pic of the spring on the Nikki carb. that caused so much problem...
when this return spring on the choke valve lever gets goober'd up with greasy dirt or whatever .... it causes erratic engine behavior ...

Boo,

Do you think that may be what causes my single cylinder B&S to 'surge' like it does? I don't think I left that spring or any external parts of the carb cruddy. Maybe the problem is internal?

Rog