The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Morning Ted, Stayers and Newbies.

View attachment 36389

COFFEE should NEVER, EVER, NEVER, NEVER be served served any other way but HOT & BLACK ! adding anything to it DESTROYS the full enjoyment of the world's best beverage, Latte's, and cream & sugar ( a stiff shot of Scotch in it IS acceptable on ocassion ) are for the WOOSIES and pussies crowd !

ding.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

COFFEE should NEVER, EVER, NEVER, NEVER be served served any other way but HOT & BLACK ! adding anything to it DESTROYS the full enjoyment of the world's best beverage, Latte's, and cream & sugar ( a stiff shot of Scotch in it IS acceptable on ocassion ) are for the WOOSIES and pussies crowd !

View attachment 36391

I posted that picture so you would not need as much coffee this morning. I figured it would kick start you and I was correct.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I posted that picture so you would not need as much coffee this morning. I figured it would kick start you and I was correct.

Back in "the days" I used to drink the Breakfast of Champions, .......... Budweiser ! Now it's about 3-4 POT's of coffee per day, gotta keep those kidneys and bladder on the alert ya know !! .. :laughing:..:laughing:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Back in "the days" I used to drink the Breakfast of Champions, .......... Budweiser ! Now it's about 3-4 POT's of coffee per day, gotta keep those kidneys and bladder on the alert ya know !! .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Back in the day, I drank anything. My friends always asked me how I never had hangovers. I would answer the same way all the time. You can not have a hangover if you stay drunk. :laughing::laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Back in the day, I drank anything. My friends always asked me how I never had hangovers. I would answer the same way all the time. You can not have a hangover if you stay drunk. :laughing::laughing:

MY friends never knew I was drunk .... till they saw me sober !! ... :laughing:..:laughing:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

A double shot of New Gueni gold with an equal amount of triple cream.
Bliss in a cup, sipped very slow.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

The ONLY good thing about being a drunk is.... ya don't have to go to those damned meeting's .. :laughing:..:laughing:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

The ONLY good thing about being a drunk is.... ya don't have to go to those damned meeting's .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Now I am going to open a can of worms. I do not believe that addiction is a disease that can be treated. What it is to me is a choice. You choose to use whatever and if you do not choose to you can stop as long as you decide that is what you want. Not saying addiction is not hard but saying the only way you can stop is by making the choice to do it. I did. My son was born 8 days before I was 21. 8 years of drinking every day all the time. That was the last day for me. It made my decision easy. My father was a drunk and out of my life because of it. I was never going to be out of my child's life so I quit. It was hard and long but I have never looked back. I can socially drink. Not a problem. I just remember the most important thing in life is my family and not me. Once sober I figured out what I was running from and fixed that as well. It is easy to not think about something if you can not think straight. Well I am steeping down from my soap box now.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Now I am going to open a can of worms. I do not believe that addiction is a disease that can be treated. What it is to me is a choice. You choose to use whatever and if you do not choose to you can stop as long as you decide that is what you want. Not saying addiction is not hard but saying the only way you can stop is by making the choice to do it. I did. My son was born 8 days before I was 21. 8 years of drinking every day all the time. That was the last day for me. It made my decision easy. My father was a drunk and out of my life because of it. I was never going to be out of my child's life so I quit. It was hard and long but I have never looked back. I can socially drink. Not a problem. I just remember the most important thing in life is my family and not me. Once sober I figured out what I was running from and fixed that as well. It is easy to not think about something if you can not think straight. Well I am steeping down from my soap box now.

Then Chuck you were lucky.
Personally I can not remember ever saying no to any new experience and that included funny things that got offered to me in college and like you I was lucky
OTOH a good friend at one of these parties ended up an addict.His body went into overdrive if he did not get a hit from the moment he had his first.
Despite several hospital stays and lots of treatment if the body did not get what it wanted he ended up in a coma and finally he never came back from one.
Before that I just believed it was nothing more than lack of will power but in Scotts case I know that not to be true.

Over the years I have been in contact with a lot of addicts, another friends son was in a serious collision and ended up in permeninant pain for which he was prescribed opiats.
It took him near 20 years to get off them even after they had done several spinal fusions , removed a lot of nerve tissue and wired in a Tens machine to counter the worst of the pain.

So I now believe that is is in your genes as to weather you develope a chemical dependence or not and that applies to all drugs from smokes & booze the meths.
I also believe there is a difference between an uncontrolled habit and a true dependenance,

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

July 7th 1998... my first day of ..ENOUGH ! here comes 20 years of nothing with alcoholic content. ..:thumbsup: