The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

It's AMAZING to see when these A-holes drive their vehicles at MACH 2 through big puddles and wind up in water up to their door handles and get stuck or start floating around, then SCREAM for help or, .. 6 months later they can't figure out why they're having electrical and or transmission issues ... :confused2: .. :mur:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

mounted the final drives on the cub yesterday, will finish the pto and rear tow bar tomorrow and mount them......when the hood/fuel tank is dry I will mount it and then do a top coat with the parts assembled to give it that "new off the assembly line look"
View attachment 37326
View attachment 37327

Looking real nice.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

mounted the final drives on the cub yesterday, will finish the pto and rear tow bar tomorrow and mount them......when the hood/fuel tank is dry I will mount it and then do a top coat with the parts assembled to give it that "new off the assembly line look"
View attachment 37326
View attachment 37327

YESSIR Doc ! .. you do some NICE work ! ....... NOT much of it, but NICE work ... :laughing:..:laughing:

20a6980289a7a60364a23f462ad7ed16--smiley-faces-emoticon.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

It's AMAZING to see when these A-holes drive their vehicles at MACH 2 through big puddles and wind up in water up to their door handles and get stuck or start floating around, then SCREAM for help or, .. 6 months later they can't figure out why they're having electrical and or transmission issues ... :confused2: .. :mur:

We needs some explaining here. Let us in on the joke.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Just bustin Doc's chops ...... meaning : .. he does nice work ..HOWEVER, he does NOT do... much work ...:confused2:

My father would have told him that he was doing a great job...................but he was doing it all wrong!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

We needs some explaining here. Let us in on the joke.

It's NOT a joke .... it's an actual point I made, if you watch the news after a big rainstorm or a hurricane too, these idiots, despite the multiple warnings, think that once inside their vehicle, they can go ANYWHERE.. only to stall the vehicle in a surrounding body of water, and then months later, the forgotten trip into deep water has finally affected the transmission and electrical system of their "puddle-jumper"

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

It's NOT a joke .... it's an actual point I made, if you watch the news after a big rainstorm or a hurricane too, these idiots, despite the multiple warnings, think that once inside their vehicle, they can go ANYWHERE.. only to stall the vehicle in a surrounding body of water, and then months later, the forgotten trip into deep water has finally affected the transmission and electrical system of their "puddle-jumper"

Yes I see. Just before rain around here we have a big media blitz to turn around and don't drown. Telling people don't go through water with your car. You can float a car in as little as one foot of water. So don't do it don't do it don't do it. And yet we still do at least 4 or 5 rescues everytime it rains and floods.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Yes I see. Just before rain around here we have a big media blitz to turn around and don't drown. Telling people don't go through water with your car. You can float a car in as little as one foot of water. So don't do it don't do it don't do it. And yet we still do at least 4 or 5 rescues everytime it rains and floods.

Actually this came to mind after Darryl mentioning his rusty truck, I recall in my younger days workin in a auto repair shop that we would on occasion have a car come in ( auto. trans ) complaining of shifting issues, Lead mech. would ask if the car had ever overheated, the customers always seemed puzzled when asked that, then he would explain, that most likely they had "cooked" the trans fluid at that time, and if it hadn't been changed at that time, (along with the cause of overheating) that was a likely cause of their problem, and back then, most folks avoided driving through puddles for fear of stalling and being stuck, today's auto commercials, make's one think their vehicle can be considered a Nascar-Fast Military Humvee, indestructable to ALL earth's givings, nowadays, deep water passage in most vehicles brings trouble to the trans-axle unit and or the complex electronic circuitry .

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

Actually this came to mind after Darryl mentioning his rusty truck, I recall in my younger days workin in a auto repair shop that we would on occasion have a car come in ( auto. trans ) complaining of shifting issues, Lead mech. would ask if the car had ever overheated, the customers always seemed puzzled when asked that, then he would explain, that most likely they had "cooked" the trans fluid at that time, and if it hadn't been changed at that time, (along with the cause of overheating) that was a likely cause of their problem, and back then, most folks avoided driving through puddles for fear of stalling and being stuck, today's auto commercials, make's one think their vehicle can be considered a Nascar-Fast Military Humvee, indestructable to ALL earth's givings, nowadays, deep water passage in most vehicles brings trouble to the trans-axle unit and or the complex electronic circuitry .

That complex electronic circuitry is why most insurance companies now automatically total most cars that have gotten water in the passenger or engine compartments. That and roof damage. My son works for a company that liquidates them for insurance companies. I'm thinking of getting this Escalade and fixing it up. What do you think?

https://www.copart.com/lot/26132588

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Wonder how many vehicles were declared "TOTALED" in Houston, after the major flooding last year, and how many were grabbed by unscrupulous used car dealers at auctions to be pawned off to some un-knowing folks ..???