The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Something is off kilter with the view count, if we're averaging about 290+ per day where are all the comments ( input ) from ANY of these folks that are supposedly following the thread, surely you would think someone would reply in some way, do they just look at our posts like following a soap-opera ?? It don't make sense to me . ..:confused2:..:confused2:..:confused2:

View attachment 34442

Boo,

It isn't the long term running average number of viewers (which as of this morning is 295) that amazes me, but rather the huge increase in readership that has constantly been increasing, especially as of late. (That average daily increase is now an even 500, computed over the last 12 days!)

Using these two averages the thread should experience somewhere between 107,553 and 112,268 views by the close of October 31st..

Kind of blows your mind, doesn't it???

Rog-o

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

I'll make a comment. What do you want me to say?

Clyde,

We would truly appreciate a lengthy dissertation on the meaning of life.. as you se it.... Whenever you get a chance...

Thanks,

Roger

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

Morning folks, well we got rain, needed rain real bad......only got about an inch or so, but welcomed just the same

primerbulb120

Threads

Clyde,

We would truly appreciate a lengthy dissertation on the meaning of life.. as you se it.... Whenever you get a chance...

Thanks,

Roger

First, we shall begin by defining the subject matter to be discussed.

According to the dictionary, "life" is "the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death."

Now as everyone knows, life cannot be lived to its full potential without allotting time to the collection, repair and use of lawn mowers. In addition, to better the interests of those enlightened beings who have discovered this fact, it is advisable that the aforementioned collection, repair and use of lawn mowers be documented for the benefit of all. Be it known that on this forum, there have been only four people to attempt this task. In an attempt to recognize their efforts, I shall list them in order of their greatness.

hanyoukimura has produced the most detailed, useful and interesting chronicle of all: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/showthread.php/5601-My-Lawn-Mower-Repair-Thread-(56k-warning)
Unfortunately, his thread has met its untimely demise at the hands of Photobucket, who removed all of his pictures and ruined it entirely. It is one of my eventual goals to reconstruct the thread using a different image hosting website. I have all of the pictures saved on my computer and have read the thread often enough to know which ones go where.

Vervepipes takes second place with http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/showt...air-thread?highlight=lawn+mower+repair+thread
His thread ended some time ago when he started a landscaping business instead. Although the first few pages of pictures were stored on this forum, the majority of his thread was also destroyed by Photobucket.

twinfords created this thread: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/showthread.php/7329-how-many-of-you-repair-small-engines-as-a-hobby
Unlike the previous two, this thread retained all of its pictures because he stored them on the forum.

I have made five attempts to create a repair thread, but four of them were unsuccessful and my fifth one was also destroyed by Photobucket. Oh well, I guess I'll try again.

Although this dissertation is not complete, it's making me hungry and I'm going to go eat breakfast.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Boo,

It isn't the long term running average number of viewers (which as of this morning is 295) that amazes me, but rather the huge increase in readership that has constantly been increasing, especially as of late. (That average daily increase is now an even 500, computed over the last 12 days!)

Using these two averages the thread should experience somewhere between 107,553 and 112,268 views by the close of October 31st..

Kind of blows your mind, doesn't it???

Rog-o

OK Goomba, I can understand the numbers of followers, BUT ... my question is, ... why are there no replies or pics from ANY of these "VIEWERS" that look at this thread and become a number in the view count ..???? Surely SOMEONE must have something to say (reply/post) about our ramblings ..??? ..:confused:..:confused:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

According to the dictionary, "life" is "the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death."

Now as everyone knows, life cannot be lived to its full potential without allotting time to the collection, repair and use of lawn mowers. In addition, to better the interests of those enlightened beings who have discovered this fact, it is advisable that the aforementioned collection, repair and use of lawn mowers be documented for the benefit of all. Be it known that on this forum, there have been only four people to attempt this task. In an attempt to recognize their efforts, I shall list them in order of their greatness.

hanyoukimura has produced the most detailed, useful and interesting chronicle of all: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/showthread.php/5601-My-Lawn-Mower-Repair-Thread-(56k-warning)
Unfortunately, his thread has met its untimely demise at the hands of Photobucket, who removed all of his pictures and ruined it entirely. It is one of my eventual goals to reconstruct the thread using a different image hosting website. I have all of the pictures saved on my computer and have read the thread often enough to know which ones go where.

Vervepipes takes second place with http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/showt...air-thread?highlight=lawn+mower+repair+thread
His thread ended some time ago when he started a landscaping business instead. Although the first few pages of pictures were stored on this forum, the majority of his thread was also destroyed by Photobucket.

twinfords created this thread: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/showthread.php/7329-how-many-of-you-repair-small-engines-as-a-hobby
Unlike the previous two, this thread retained all of its pictures because he stored them on the forum.

I have made five attempts to create a repair thread, but four of them were unsuccessful and my fifth one was also destroyed by Photobucket. Oh well, I guess I'll try again.

Although this dissertation is not complete, it's making me hungry and I'm going to go eat breakfast.

Damn Clyde you is a pretty fart smeller after-all .!!

NorthBama

Threads

I will just say Good Morning folks

Nothing exciting going on here this morning

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Clyde,

The creation of hunger aside, I want you to know that was one of the grandest efforts at explaining "life" (at least as far as those of us who are stuck in a lawnmower forum are concerned) that has ever been offered.. I thank you from the bottom of my heart and want you to know how much your work was appreciated.

Now, to try to calm Boo-Boo down from his concerns about the escalating number of viewers (readers) this thread seems to have accumulated while only attracting a rather nominal number of actual contributors, I will offer this: Boo, think back to your days in the Military, what did they always say about work parties? - - Simply put, it was - "Out of every ten men, two do all the work while the remaining eight sit on their thumbs." Of course that did not apply to the submarine service, because if everybody didn't do their job then our number of 'dives' would permanently exceed our number of 'surfaces' by one!! .. .. .. And as that was not an acceptable situation to the vast majority of us, we had a hard and fast rule about schitt-canning anyone who obviously wasn't up to our standards. . . . . (They were sent to 'Surface Craft" to become "Surface Pukes", where they could 'slack' alongside their fellow slackers..)

Basically that is what you are seeing here. The ten or twelve guys who comment on here are the men of value, out of the huge number of people who are evidently just reading it every day. All I can suggest is that you appreciate them for who they are and let all the others simply blow away in the wind like chaff.. As you know, on numerous occasions over the past months I have implored readers of this thread to please stop by long enough to make a comment. Those that have, have proven to be not only helpful to those in need of mechanical information and assistance, but men of good character who we have come to call 'friends'.. Let us celebrate them and hope that there are others out there who will follow in their foot steps.. The invitation is open... again...

Roger