The Daily Yardman Thread

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

I received a ton of emails yesterday, all of them from here and over a week old........top notch!

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

had the 100 out doing some chores around the shedIMG_5347.jpgIMG_5348.jpg

primerbulb120

Threads

I've been absent due to a Honda GC160 that won't behave itself. I started a thread on it in the Honda forum if anyone has any input.

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Look here Roger !! ..This is a FULL-TIME demanding job here, YOU should try holding down a computer desk chair for 29 hours,!!! My poop-chute has got bed-sores on bed-sores , my roids are killin me, and my bladder is shot !!
Pickin berries..?? eat,eat, eat, your gonna wind-up with a caboose where your set-down is, and a jelly-belly that makes you look pregnant ! you'll over-work your heart and wind-up in a little urn sittin on the mantle over a fire-place !! ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

HOLY CRAP Boo, you make it sound like I've got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel! Pickin' berries is hard work! Just dragging yourself though the brambles is enough to wear your arse out! Besides my homemade jelly has NO CALORIES at all!! Just deliciousness by the spoonful! (It's made with 'love', don'tcha see?) - Well, ya there is a little sugar in it, maybe just a smidgen.. But that says right on the bag that it's only 15 calories per serving!

You gotta understand that I ain't like you, I don't have a boundless amount of valuable information to share here. This isn't my 'area of expertise'. I am more versed in huntin', fishin' and chasin' women, although I have to admit they don't have to run very fast to elude me anymore.. . .. ... .... OH! And boats! I'm pretty good with boats, but then so are you, so you see, my value here is pretty well limited.. I am a wealth of useless information, that's mostly out of date and of little interest to anyone.

However! I DO enjoy reading the stuff all the guys write and learning truly valuable stuff from you guys, but all I can contribute is some off center humor that more than likely nobody gets anyway... I guess you're right, I am slip-sliding-away.. Oh well, it's been one hell of a ride!

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

AHHhhh poor Roger .... You know I'm always TRYING to scratch your scales, I love your come-backs, got to admit I'm a junk-food junkie, I could walk in and eat EVERYTHING in a Publix Bakery, and MAYBE gain a 1/2 pound, poor wifey looks at a cookie and the caboose gets a shade bigger (LOL) . I have to buy and hide all my "goodies" from her, and then I'm on a guilt trip. I don't know anywhere as much as you guys do, I got my small engine experience from racing McCulloch engine (and a few other engines) Go-Karts in the 60s . THE GOOD OL DAYS !!! I was always in the garages with friends building car engines and some suspension stuff, then it was booze N boobs , uncle Sam came along, collared me and the fun N games ended (good thing) so jet-engines was my forte .
After that military fling, I stayed in Aircraft shops but mostly worked on components O/H , starters, fuel pumps, flap brakes,landing gears, etc. etc. I had an ol Murray high-wheel pusher with a 5 HP Briggs for years I can't count, had a few others, ($25.00 specials from local mower shops) but got my 1st rider Murray 5 years ago, as a toy to occupy my time, when I wasn't trapped into Honey-Do's I got a wild hair up my arse 1 day, and decided to find out how they put this thing together. Well if ya go to the Albums section on this forum, find the Album "My Project" you'll see the rest of the story, if ya go there be sure it's Boobala's Albums there are other's with the same name "my Project " . AND then 1 rainy day, LMF knocked on my door !!! and they said , 1 day there will be a person ( RogerB) that we want you to aggravate,ridicule, slander, upset, antagonize and make miserable. WELLLLLLLL ...I said ????? OK !
:laughing: ..:laughing: ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

ROG, one does not need a storehouse of knowledge in order to contribute and benefit others, sometimes just the right words or pointing in another direction is all that is needed. I'm not a mower mechanic either, but I still put my 2 cents in........and I am glad I met you guys, has been a fun addition to my weekly routine, that is if I had one, after all everyday is Saturday

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

ROG, one does not need a storehouse of knowledge in order to contribute and benefit others, sometimes just the right words or pointing in another direction is all that is needed. I'm not a mower mechanic either, but I still put my 2 cents in........and I am glad I met you guys, has been a fun addition to my weekly routine, that is if I had one, after all everyday is Saturday

Doc, I just wish I had 1/10 of your stamina, there are SOOOOooo many things I would like to do, but after my by-pass surgery gettin these legs back in shape ( and the rest) is a real work-out. BUT I'm gettin there. You n Rog and the others guys here have worked on these things a helluva lot longer than me, and, you guys have worked on the BIG tractors and Construction Equipt. I tend to dabble in all kinds of stuff TRYING to fix a washing machine, refrigerators, micro-wave oven,lawn-mowers, bicycles, roof-replacements, etc. I spent several years in building fibre-glass boats, was an Iron-Worker,Electrician,fence installer, and some plumbing, and masonry work, I wore a lot of hats, but Aircraft was my biggest assett. I do like to research on the puter info. about what I'm workin on, hence I happen to "Link-Jump" into many other interesting things, anything mechanical, draws my interest, I have a "smart-phone" but I never connected it to the web, I use it for a PHONE ! (and texting sometimes) I use my Digital Camera for photos, I'm NOT puter savvy NEVER got into the High-Tech schitt ! I even hate EFI on mowers, I'm stuck in the old days and I love it ! ..:confused2:

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

My mother used to tell folks that when her son dies(Me), they would have to wait at least a month for my legs and arms to stop moving

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

My mother used to tell folks that when her son dies(Me), they would have to wait at least a month for my legs and arms to stop moving

Your Mom ... a woman of wisdom !! I LOVE it !!!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Ain't it nice to be retired, no more Mondays just 7 Saturdays now !! ..:thumbsup: ..