The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

I thought this was your property. I do not feel sorry for you now. You is making money. Good for you.

YEP .... I thought the same ! we been led astray Chuck !! ..:confused3:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

I thought this was your property. I do not feel sorry for you now. You is making money. Good for you.
Yeah, they got lucky. Only minor damage to their garage and a mashed wheel barrow.

I have plenty on my property that needs cleaning up too! Not too bad compared to some places though. The access road to my campsite is blocked with a fallen tree but mostly little stuff. I haven't checked everywhere though. We have 34 wooded acres with a lot of trails and 1/2 mile of driveway running across it. A next door neighbor takes care of a lot of it in exchange for use of the property and the firewood. He's back there walking and swimming with his Labs every evening. Well, when it's really cold they don't swim. Little tidal river.

It was really bad here as far as downed trees/limbs/wires. A couple area towns were 100% without power for a while. There's still debris on the sides of the road all over the place. I think all the power is finally back on but there's still phone and cable wires laying all over too.

primerbulb120

Threads

I ran out of gas while pressure washing, so I put 2-cycle mix in the pressure washer (Honda GX390) having nothing else to use. It ran perfectly, I couldn't tell the difference from when it was running on regular gas.

I like my Husqvarna 2-cycle oil!

primerbulb120

Threads

Also:

I have been using the Cyclone Rake on oak leaves. It works good on the leaves it can get to, but the mower deck keeps wanting to blow all the leaves away before I get to them.

I have a Gravely 991072 Compact Pro 44, serial number 366. X Factor deck. I am running Gator G6 blades and side discharging into the Cyclone Rake pickup chute.

Any suggestions?

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

Sounds like the g6 blades are throwing too much air and overpowering the vac. You can try throttling down just a little, trying lower ilft blades or fabricating some sort of skirt for the front of the deck. Some mowers actually have an adjustable skirt in the front that can be raised or lowered.

Last edited:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 233,139

Total views 722

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

I ran out of gas while pressure washing, so I put 2-cycle mix in the pressure washer (Honda GX390) having nothing else to use. It ran perfectly, I couldn't tell the difference from when it was running on regular gas.

I like my Husqvarna 2-cycle oil!

I have been doing that for decades. Last use of the year I run all my equipment with mixed gas to lubricate them for their winter nap.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Gooooood Mornin Chuck ! .. YESS.jpg

Good Morning Gang ! .. mechanic.jpg

thought 4 2day : tumblr_m235opKMPl1r02yego1_500 - Copy.png

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Helping my 87 yr.old neighbor get his 2009 Troy-Bilt Pony ready for work, New spindles,(he sheared the "star" protrusion off one because he didn't mount the blade properly into the "star" so he bought a pair at a decent price, new blades and a new belt, dropping his deck makes me appreciate how fast and easy I can remove my Murray deck, the Pony deck (42in.) is a real PITA, started late yesterday and will finish it up this morning, gotta help the oldsters ya know, one day I might make it that far !! ..:thumbsup:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Morning Ted, Stayers and Newbies.
sunrise 56.jpg