The Daily Yardman Thread

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Plow Damage Repair

I just got off the phone with an elderly customer who was furious after getting my spring cleanup invoice. I itemize everything I do, even if there is no charge for it. While I was there I repaired some minor snow plow damage from pushing piles onto the lawn, nothing major, just scuffs. So I listed repair snow plow damage" along with no rate, no charge and "N/C" after it on the description line.

So she calls and tells me she's not paying my invoice because it's not her fault that I broke my plow and that I charge her enough that I can fix it myself and that I don't know how to run a business. And she checked with a bunch of people and they all agree... wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise. Mind you I've been servicing her lawn and doing her plowing since 2002 and I'm sure it's not the first time I've put that on her spring invoice. So after she was done ranting I told her she misunderstood and that I fixed the damage to her lawn FROM my plow and that since it was my fault there was no charge. She just said "oh, sorry, have a good day" and hung up, lol.

Edit...She called back and apologized. Her daughter was helping her with the bills due to cataract surgery and thought I was taking advantage of her and got my customer all stirred up.
reason number 48 as to why I stopped plowing driveways.......I do however continue to work for the companies hired by the state and plow main roads with their equipment......BTW, we get extra points for mail box hits:laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

reason number 48 as to why I stopped plowing driveways.......I do however continue to work for the companies hired by the state and plow main roads with their equipment......BTW, we get extra points for mail box hits:laughing:

SHAME all over you Doc !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

I often wish I didn't plow snow, but it's a service that most of my lawn care customers want. I don't want them to have to look elsewhere. Not bad money either. Bit the PITA factor is up there at times.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I often wish I didn't plow snow, but it's a service that most of my lawn care customers want. I don't want them to have to look elsewhere. Not bad money either. Bit the PITA factor is up there at times.

That's known as takin the good with the bad, .... done by the UGLY !! ... :laughing:..:laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Bout time to fire-up the BBQ up in your neck of the woods ain't it ..?? .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

Just remember Doc, ...... it's a hell of a lot EASIER to mow grass, than to push snow !! .. WARMER too !! .. :laughing:..:laughing:

What? Pushing snow is easy! It's everything that you have to do to be able to push snow that's the pain in the arse, lol. Watch the forecast, put the plow on, load the ballast. Then the storm goes out to sea so it's all for nothing. Next storm the forecast is for rain and you get a foot of snow. Heck, I once plowed 8 inches of partly cloudy...weird weather phenomenon called a Norlun Trough set up. It's the being on call from Thanksgiving to Easter and never really knowing when you're gonna work and what you're gonna get that's the pain. But the actual plowing is easy. :laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Too hard and tiring to do much when you're dressed in all that winter clothing that makes you feel like the Pillsbury Dough Boy or the Michelin Tire Man .. :laughing:..:laughing: