The Daily Yardman Thread

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Do YOU... prefer Morning, or Mornin, ?? (need to keep morale up you know !) and with emoticon or without emoticon ??

View attachment 35508 ......... GOOD ...(whichever)

Us bantering back and forth about stupid schitt is what makes my day. Rest of it is for the masses.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Us bantering back and forth about stupid schitt is what makes my day. Rest of it is for the masses.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I concur wholeheartedly..!! ..:laughing:..:laughing:..:thumbsup:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

that's the rumor, over 25 units responded

Doc,

Were you familiar with the rail disaster fire in lac Megantic, Canada? My cousin, who was a professional fireman in Portland, Maine until he retired many years ago and moved to Rangeley, Maine where he became a member of their volunteer fire department, was one of the responders from Franklin County Maine that went to fight that horrific fire.

Over fifty people died and most of the town was destroyed. Cousin Howard (who was nearing 80 years old at the time) ran their pumper, drafting from a lake for nearly two days straight before getting any relief. The firemen from lac Megantic and the firemen from Rangeley that participated still get together summers to commemorate their working together on that fire.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lac...yu-vYAhUKTKwKHbZSAbgQiR4IpQE&biw=1366&bih=637

If you want to read up on it, Wiki has a very lengthy explanation of all the details:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lac-Mégantic_rail_disaster

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Howie and the Canada Jay

Here's a picture of cousin Howard feeding a Canada or Gray Jay while we were up in Rangeley hunting a few years ago.

Attachments

• DSCN1297.jpg
    DSCN1297.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 5

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Canada Jays

The Gray Jay, or Canada Jay (also called "Camp Robber Jay") are very outgoing birds and will often land in your hand if you offer a tidbit for them to eat. It is not uncommon to have them land on a deer or moose carcass while you are cleaning the animal out, to grab a bit of fat. We often see them when hunting the woods of Northern Maine.

https://www.canadiangeographic.ca/article/meet-our-national-bird-gray-jay

That is your ornithological lesson for the day..

Roger

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

thank you for the bird lesson Roger, I sit on my porch every morning in the spring feeding the wild birds.......we have a few that over the years land right on our chairs. I need to try and get pictures of them doing that

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

Doc,

Were you familiar with the rail disaster fire in lac Megantic, Canada? My cousin, who was a professional fireman in Portland, Maine until he retired many years ago and moved to Rangeley, Maine where he became a member of their volunteer fire department, was one of the responders from Franklin County Maine that went to fight that horrific fire.

Over fifty people died and most of the town was destroyed. Cousin Howard (who was nearing 80 years old at the time) ran their pumper, drafting from a lake for nearly two days straight before getting any relief. The firemen from lac Megantic and the firemen from Rangeley that participated still get together summers to commemorate their working together on that fire.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lac...yu-vYAhUKTKwKHbZSAbgQiR4IpQE&biw=1366&bih=637

If you want to read up on it, Wiki has a very lengthy explanation of all the details:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lac-Mégantic_rail_disaster

Roger
No I was not involved in that, but did hear about it. I joined after 911, so although I know all about the Twin Tower site I was not involved in that either, did loose some friends and family though\

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

A drunk was proudly showing off his new apartment to a couple of his friends late one night. He led the way to his bedroom where there was a big brass gong and a mallet.
"What's that big brass gong?" one of the guests asked.
"It's not a gong. It's a talking clock," the drunk replied.
"A talking clock? Seriously?" asked his astonished friend.
"Yup," replied the drunk. "How's it work?" the friend asked, squinting at it.
"Watch," the drunk replied. He picked up the mallet, gave the gong an ear-shattering pound, and stepped back. The three stood looking at one another for a moment.
Suddenly, someone on the other side of the wall screamed,
"You ***.... It’s three-fifteen in the morning!"

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Hey Doc , THAT sounds a lot like Goomba.... and me ..... WAAAAY back, when we were, IRRESPONSIBLY "cool" ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Any of you fellers from the cold lands have any input on kerosene for space heaters??
I've read a bunch about using only clear 1-K kerosene as opposed to red dyed stuff,
but others say adding a pinch of alcohol to the red stuff makes it OK to use.
Then there is the type of alcohol to use: isopropyl or methyl.............

Sometimes I find too much info on the web...........