The Daily Yardman Thread

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Gotta wind down a little after work ya know. I did work 2nd shift years ago when I was a chemist and really liked it. It doesn't work quite as well as a landscaper. Damn noise ordinances!

primerbulb120

Threads

I am looking at purchasing a Cyclone Rake XL for $2000. Am I crazy?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Gotta wind down a little after work ya know. I did work 2nd shift years ago when I was a chemist and really liked it. It doesn't work quite as well as a landscaper. Damn noise ordinances!

Checked out your album, the shot of the "hand-tools" ...rakes etc. , very interesting NOW I see why, you're up so late at night,

hand tools.jpg

Attachments

• hand tools.jpg
    hand tools.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 4
  • a6df8128f33ddf50228fcf34caad61d7--funny-smiley-emoji-faces.jpg
    a6df8128f33ddf50228fcf34caad61d7--funny-smiley-emoji-faces.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 2

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

Kind of depends on the purpose of it. Great for leaf cleanups but kind of cumbersome due to the wide swing. If you're wanting it for mowing and collecting grass clippings you may (will likely) find it a hassle and regret it.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

That's not even all of them. The plastic leaf rakes, my 18 inch aluminum landscape rake, my level-head rake and the other 24 inch aluminum one along with the rest of the semi-permanent hand tools I keep in my truck bed are missing in that photo, lol. That's just what doesn't fit in my truck! I like to use the perfect tool for the job rather than just making do with something that kind of fits the application. :smile:

I was going to ask if you're married, with JUST 1 wife, OR a Harem, but I think I'd better not ! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

AH primmrosebulb is on a "tear" again !! WHERE'D ya get a gun, and what bank has that much cash on hand ?? ..:laughing:..:laughing:

primerbulb120

Threads

Kind of depends on the purpose of it. Great for leaf cleanups but kind of cumbersome due to the wide swing. If you're wanting it for mowing and collecting grass clippings you may (will likely) find it a hassle and regret it.

I want it for cleaning up live oak leaves. Do you think I need the XL model for my 44" deck, or will a smaller model suffice?