The Daily Yardman Thread

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Worst part Doc is they don't learn.
The insurance company will chime in and replace everything then it will be back to the normal brain dead operation.
I have actually seen people putting ash into a cardboard box and a person I ride with has a badly burned chest & face from running out of his house with a box of embers in his arms.

Although I really can not talk.
I was riding behind some one with throw over saddlebags .
One had dropped down & was sitting on the exhaust .
It burst into flames and deposited burning stuff all along the road which had a verge of long dry grass.
Realizing the potential for a massive bush fire, muggens here lept off his bike and proceeded to stomp out the burning grass.
Now if it had not been raining when we left then I would not have been wearing waxed cotton riding pants.
By then the rain was long gone & it was 30+ degrees.
So just as my quick thinking had put out most of the burning grass, the pillion on the 2nd bike to stop quick thinking put me out with her leather jacket.
Down side was the pants fell apart so I was in my undies 300 miles from home & ended up with bad sunburn by the time I got back.
deep down, I know this is rude, but I busted out laughing as soon as I read that you rode 300 miles in your undies:laughing:
sorry about the sunburn, I do know how that feels

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

deep down, I know this is rude, but I busted out laughing as soon as I read that you rode 300 miles in your undies:laughing:
sorry about the sunburn, I do know how that feels

We laugh about it now too.
Down side is the whole thing predated smart phones by a good 20 years so there are no photos of yours truly stamp on 6" high flames with 5' high flames running up the back of my legs.
Because I had a leather jacket & helmet on I was oblivious to the trousers burning till I was well alight and the flames had burned off my 18" long pony tail.
OTOH as there was only a T under the jacket so it did prevent upper body burns.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 181,901

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Morning Boo
So today we are at -20 wind chill. Yesterday we received 2.2 inches of snow. This is the first time since Feb 2, 2015. We have not had snow in a while. Some of the mowing companies have lost their arces because we have not had snow removal in the winter for 2 years. The smart ones do not count on snow removal as an income but as a bonus. If you just plan your year for mowing and leaf removal you can make a good living but if you do not then you will be very hungry in the winter.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

To the loyal one, that moves the beads of the abacus, ....... GOOD MORNING !

YESS.jpg

I sit here at 38deg., jones-ing for a coffee, but unable to do so while in a state of "FASTING"... going for blood test, so I guess it will be at least 4 more hours before I can even think of waking up. I am unable to function till my 3rd or 4th cup.

zzz 2.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Temperatures in Missouri are once again dangerously low. In fact, it’s so cold in Missouri that our temperatures are lower than those found in Antarctica.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Beginning to see a lot of mowers (riders) on C/L at the $100.00 mark, a few years back I thought of getting into the "flipping" of mowers but the cost of parts is getting way outa hand, and a lot of them (parts) are no longer available, when I refurbished my 3 Murray's it cost some big bucks, new spindles, belts, blades and brackets along with hardware ......well over $150.00 just in the deck, then the engine, possibly some used ( but worthy) tires, cleaning supplies etc. so it becomes kind of hard to sell once you put about $400.00 or more into a machine, most folks in this area pick up a fairly new ( but used) mower for around $500.00 to $800.00 BUT they want something no older than 4 or 5 years,most of these $100.00 machines are 10-20 years old and some I wouldn't even consider taking for free, I just keep MY machines maintained, and besides the wifey antagonizes when I have mower parts all over the place . BUT .... every once in awhile there's that "diamond in the rough" I just got to have !! ( LOL )

a6df8128f33ddf50228fcf34caad61d7--funny-smiley-emoji-faces.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

To the loyal one, that moves the beads of the abacus, ....... GOOD MORNING !

View attachment 35430

I sit here at 38deg., jones-ing for a coffee, but unable to do so while in a state of "FASTING"... going for blood test, so I guess it will be at least 4 more hours before I can even think of waking up. I am unable to function till my 3rd or 4th cup.

View attachment 35431

I am so much of a morning person I do not need coffee to function.:smile::smile::smile:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Why not call call these "GLOBAL-WARMING" A-Holes and tell em ya need some heat !!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Why not call call these "GLOBAL-WARMING" A-Holes and tell em ya need some heat !!

I do not have an issue with "GLOBAL-WARMING" as it is called. After all I have mowed all the way into November for the last 2 years. My issue is it is man made. Seeing a volcano eruption has more of the stuff we are trying to reduce than all of what man has created in our existence.