The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
TODAY - Sept. 29, 2017

New and improved, updated and estimated! ~ Views: 102,968.5

Boo, Why in hell would the Admin 'pad' the number of views we get? Makes no sense to me..

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: TODAY - Sept. 29, 2017

New and improved, updated and estimated! ~ Views: 102,968.5

Boo, Why in hell would the Admin 'pad' the number of views we get? Makes no sense to me..

Rog

SIMPLE .. they luuuuves us and want us to be happy !!! I think our's is the strongest thread on the forum, maybe it keeps followers coming back to the site , maybe the followers think it's fun reading it like a soap opera plays out on TV , I dunno but it's still a helluva ride, and all over some guy from Maine with a cracked Trans. case, HAH ..!!! ..

c4de30e5f5cc60bf5bb6b496d4ebb8af.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

funny how this thread always seems to die off just before noon

SIMPLE Doc, new HAPPY-HOURS are noon till closing time !! .. :laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

Good Morning guys!

NorthBama

Threads

Good Morning guys!

Good Morning Doc
I am sure you have a long list of things to do today. It has cooled off here 56 this morning great weather.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Plans for the weekend.
Saturday: Mow 8 properties (2 for free) and make $400.00
Sunday: Pull Engine out of Toro Z-master to replace stator and spend some of the money I made on Saturday.

Saturday and Sunday Play with grandson when not working. Good weekend I think.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

I have a 2001 Beetle that I bought awhile ago as a flip, will be working on that today...has a constant misfire on cylinder 3, I put a new head on it back in March, swapped the coils between cylinder 3 and 4, so this morning I am going to swap injectors between cylinder 3 and 4, if that doesn't move the misfire to cylinder 4 then that means the head will need to come off because it might be a lifter......can't pull the cams while the head is on the car....ugh.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

here is a back story on the beetle, so that no one thinks I am firing the parts cannon at it.

During my last month on the job prior to retiring, I towed this beetle off the highway for a break down....police call, so that meant it went in the cop lot and was charged storage and fees for leaving it in the roadway (driver was drunk and abandoned the car to prevent being arrested for DUI, instead he gets a ticket for abandoning the car). It took me a week to get the guy to return my calls about the car, I needed to know if he wanted his car returned to him or if he wanted us to look at it for an estimate of repair....either way he still had to pay towing and storage charges....he told me to go F' myself.....so I filed for title by the law and 4 months later the car was mine legally.....I already knew that it needed a cylinder head because the timing belt was broken, when I towed it in I popped the hood and took the inspection cover off so I had a good idea..............I already had a 2002 jetta with the same size engine in the crash lot that was totaled so at least I had a parts car. Sadly the beetle is a turbo and the jetta was not....many of the parts would not cross over.........and so I bought a new head and here is where I am today.

How's this for a post Roger, not my normal five words and out....LOL

NorthBama

Threads

Working on a John Deere L110 that was given to me. I check it out yesterday it needs steering gears, steering bushings, drive belt, drive belt idler pulleys and wheel bushings. It is showing 800 plus hours but the engine and transmission seem to be in good shape. The engine is a Kohler Command which is a well built engine. Ordered parts this morning so maybe they will be here in a week or so. Got free shipping so it will take a few days. I havent check out the mowing deck that will be another day.
my guess for the day will be 104,010

How's this for a post Roger, not my normal five words and out....LOL

yes same here not much of a talker and i am a slow at typing on the puter

Last edited:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Y'all consider yourselves fortunate that y'all don't have to involve government in y'all's projects.

I attempted to start the ball rolling in order to upgrade my shop electrical panel
and move the service from overhead to underground.
What a ROYAL PIA..........

The code department wants the new panel installed and wired before they will inspect.
Then, the power company will schedule the actual trenching,wiring and turning the power back on.
Trouble is, it may take over a week between the inspection and the performance of the work.
I would hate to be without power for that long...........maybe I should take a vacation after the inspection (but, I'm
sure that would halt the process.........)

And, as I want to pass inspection on the first attempt, I had code questions.
BUT, the man I need to see is gone for the day. I can't call him; rather, I had to set an appointment for Monday!

Your local government: working "with" you to protect yourself from yourself in spite of yourself.......