The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Troubleshooting & Dogs

Boo-Boo,

I taught electronic theory, troubleshooting and advanced maintenance for sonar systems for three years in the Sub Service, so I understand the steps of troubleshooting. However, you have to have a thorough understanding of the complete system you are working on in order to apply it. I have already figured out that I have a carburetor problem, and now I'm trying the simplest thing first. (That's following proper procedures - right?) . . . . If this effort fails, then I'll move onto the next stage, which will entail tearing down the carb and reaming it's itsy-bitsy orifices out with welding tip cleaners.. (a.k.a. - tiny wires..)

I couldn't help but notice that two of your three project mowers had plastic bags tied to the steering-wheels. Are they an option you include for your potential buyers? "Rebuilt Mower for sale.. Complete with Dog schitt bagging equipment.."

You ARE a thoughtful guy..

Rog

ACTUALLY ... those are NOT plastic bags.. those are shop rags I leave leave tied to the steering wheel as a reminder for
simple minded folks to CHECK the OIL ...BEFORE starting the engine..Sorta like those REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT "sleeves" used on Military Aircraft ... they are then placed in the cup holder of the machine during operation. I find many retired NAVY boys are just gas N go and don't think of important issues ...ya know ...AND ... you probably need your orifice reamed too! ...Should I call the Proctologist and make an appointment for ya ..?? ( LOL )

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
He who hesitates is LOST!!

Blaz 'n Boo,

What the heck does that mean? I know everyone says it, but how does it apply in this instance? It's been raining out here, since, well, hell it's been raining for so long I can't even remember when it started and it looks like it's going to continue through next Monday! I feel like I'm in London! I think I've started growing gills!

Anyway, I'm HESITATING! I ain't goin' out to ride around on a freakin' lawn tractor in the freakin' rain just to run some more purified kerosene through it's carburetor... The damn thing can wait while I set here in my nice warm, dry house and watch Hot Rod building shows on TV... Edd China is my hero!!!

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Troubleshooting & Dogs

ACTUALLY ... those are Sorta like those REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT "sleeves" used on Military Aircraft ... BOO -I NEVER HEARD OF SUCH A THING.....

AND ... you probably need your orifice reamed too! ...Should I call the Proctologist and make an appointment for ya ..?? ( LOL ) DON'T THREATEN ME WITH A GOOD TIME - REMEMBER I SPENT 10 YEARS IN A SEWER PIPE WITH 90 OTHER GUYS!! /QUOTE]

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Been off line for a few days as I needed to have a wisdom tooth removed so I was feeling kinda punky but watch out I am back. LOL..Tom

Tom,

Now THAT doesn't sound like a good time at all!

Glad you've bounced back buddy.. Just stay away from the steaks for a couple days, (I know that's hard for a Texan), but pablum or soup might be a better choice for a while .. Jus' sayin'...

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Tom,

Now THAT doesn't sound like a good time at all!

Glad you've bounced back buddy.. Just stay away from the steaks for a couple days, (I know that's hard for a Texan), but pablum or soup might be a better choice for a while .. Jus' sayin'...

Rog

UHHHh hey Rog, .... Tom didn't tell ya ... that wisdom tooth was KNOCKED OUT ...by a jealous husband , who couldn't find his gun so he grabbed a ball-bat... YEAH I heard all about it !!! heard he's gonna hide-out in Hawaii for awhile ... ( LOL )

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hawaii

UHHHh hey Rog, .... Tom didn't tell ya ... that wisdom tooth was KNOCKED OUT ...by a jealous husband , who couldn't find his gun so he grabbed a ball-bat... YEAH I heard all about it !!! heard he's gonna hide-out in Hawaii for awhile ... ( LOL )

Hawaii,

Now there's a beautiful place! I was stationed at Pearl Harbor from early 1969 until late 1970. My wife at the time and kids had a wonderful time, while I was out plowing holes through the ocean. Years and years later, when my daughter got married, she and her husband chose to go to Kauai for their honeymoon and returned a couple times more until they had kids and the reality of life (and $$$) hit them...

Tom should have a grand time there, sore mouth and all... He could eat soft bananas and maybe passion fruit..

Rog

Pumper54

Threads
Re: Hawaii

Hawaii,

Now there's a beautiful place! I was stationed at Pearl Harbor from early 1969 until late 1970. My wife at the time and kids had a wonderful time, while I was out plowing holes through the ocean. Years and years later, when my daughter got married, she and her husband chose to go to Kauai for their honeymoon and returned a couple times more until they had kids and the reality of life (and $$$) hit them...

Tom should have a grand time there, sore mouth and all... He could eat soft bananas and maybe passion fruit..

Rog

Tom is still in Texas, living the dream. No jealous husbands to deal with, Tom doesn't play that game. Been to Hawaii and it is very but way to much $$$$$$$$$ for me. I spend 2 years on Guam back in the early 1970 when my Dad was stationed there. Beautiful there but I hear not so nice now.
Tom

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Hawaii

Tom is still in Texas, living the dream. No jealous husbands to deal with, Tom doesn't play that game. Been to Hawaii and it is very but way to much $$$$$$$$$ for me. I spend 2 years on Guam back in the early 1970 when my Dad was stationed there. Beautiful there but I hear not so nice now.
Tom

Tom,

I never made it to Guam, land of the Gooney birds, so I'll have to take your word for it that it was nice in the 70's.. Kinda flat isn't it?

You're right, Hawaii is expensive! And after a while you start to feel kinda 'penned-in'. Oahu is only about 25 miles across. We arrived there with a '69 428 cid Ford Cobra Jet.. Not the best car for that place! I could get from Pearl City to Kailua before I could get out of second gear! The old lady got a ticket once while I was at sea, for racing a cop in a 427 Chevy! She thought she had a 428 and he only had a 427, she ought to be able to wipe his butt... Not so much!!! She asked him why she was getting a ticket and he said, "Because you lost!" (Are you beginning to get an idea of why we eventually got a divorce?)

The navy shipped that beast over to San Diego for us when we got stationed there in 1971. I eventually traded it in for a Datsun 1600 cc pickup truck.. THAT was quite a change, now I'll tell you!! Put a cab-over camper on the truck and went all over SO Cal, AZ and Baja in that rig.. Best duty of my life! I only had one duty day every twenty days! Plus I was in charge of my class, so I never worked after noontime on Fridays and we'd go camping every weekend.

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

AND you're STILL slackin ... ( LOL ) ...:laughing: ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

AND you're STILL slackin ... ( LOL ) ...:laughing: ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

Slackin' - - SLACKIN' - - I ain't slackin', I'm jus' restin'..... :cool: :cool: :cool: