The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

To he who count's the jelly-beans in the jar !

GOOD Morning ........ YESS.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Good Morning gang !!

gm 1.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

To all who is on the forum this fine morning "22R, bertsmobile1, Boobala+, jp1961, Perth, razordog" good morning.

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

I really like steel cut oats for breakfast.
I make a batch and divide onto 4 small dishes and refrigerate.
Then, a quick zap, add some raisins and a splash of maple syrup or honey, and.........YUM !

(How's that, Roger?? Or, would you rather I revive the sardines topic??)

AND.....Only 7 1/2 months till......ALABAMA FOOTBALL !!

Ron,

I do appreciate your effort at making interesting posts, but I am concerned that your somewhat odd diet (If you'll forgive my opinion) of steel cut oats and sardines might actually work against our objective, by triggering the gag reflex in some of our more weak stomached readers and cause them to go elsewhere for their daily hit of humorous reading...

You seem a most interesting sort of fellow (other than what you enjoy for meals, that is) certainly you could come up with something of wider interest to the populace in general if you really tried.. (Not to degrade your dietary restrictions) . . . . . But--Say!! Is that it?.... Do you have some rare disease that necessitates you only eat steel cut oats and sardines? That would be interesting! I once met a man who claimed to live on nothing but Skittles and vinegar!! Certainly no more odd than oats and sardines.

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

TRYING another way

https://i.imgur.com/I2MyS3w.png ........MTD 700 Series Parts Manual

..........OK ! try this, click the link,.. you should get like a black window, WITH a whitish bar DOWN the middle ( VERTICALLY) ... those are all tiny images you should still have your "pointer" place it on anywhere on the vertical bar and you should see a + sign ( enlarge ) click it then scroll the images ( BUT STILL CAN'T DOWNLOAD IT !! ) I can shrink or enlarge it with MY( BROWSERS zoom buttons )... let me know ..

That's cool Boo, it's just like you sent me in the email.. Still has lots of ads with it though, is that going to be a problem when it comes to downloading?

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: An urgent request for more substantive comments!

That is interesting Rog.
We have Dugong up north & Sea Cows down south.
Dugong are protected in Aust except for 8 tribes of black fellas who are allowed to hunt & eat Dugong for cultural reasons, however the caveat on that is they have to be caught with traditional gear.
Black fellas have a very smart system of wildlife management where at birth children are assigned a totem animal or plant and get taught everything about them, migrations, reproduction, food sources etc.
They are forbidden from eating their totem and are responsible for the management of the totem, so no one in the tribe can catch one without the permission of the totem holder.
True enviromental protection and a big cause of conflict with white men who just shot any wild life at any old time for any old reason.
Are Florida natives allowed similar ?

As for your speeding fine, sorry to hear about that, but you are old enough to know better.
Would not happen down here.
Speeding fines start at $ 650 ( < 15 kph over ) , go up to $ 2000 ( > 45 kph over ) then anything faster is handcuffs & a night sleeping on wood.

Bert-Man,

I thought that Dugongs and Manatees (and sea cows for that matter) were all one and the same critter, but a little research indicates I was wrong. Even though both animals belong to the same order, 'Sirenian', they have different tail configurations. The myth that sailors thought sea cows were mermaids, is no doubt the reason their order was named "Sirenian" as in Siren of the seas, but even with my extensive experience of spending long times at sea - (although I never cruised for a year without seeing land) - I have a hard time seeing a manatee as a beautiful mermaid, or even a butt-ugly mermaid, for that matter. Then again, maybe after 8 or 9 months at sea.... maybe if you squint your eyes just right... maybe..... Besides, humans don't see well underwater, I guess it could happen..

If I had to pay my fine in AUD, it would have been a little over $200 USD, but still $650 AUD is a very stiff fine - $520 USD!! Ouch! I take it speeding is not something you fellas do very often, at least not in the populated areas... How about those truck trains out in the middle of no where? Do they abide by any speed limits?

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Morning Boo.

It is snowing here again today. Here are not very well known facts for my city. We get an average of 26' of snow a year. Average of 4 snowfalls a year. The average amount of days snow is on the ground is 4. All in all, we do not have a snow problem. What we have is stupid people that can not drive in snow. We have one of the largest number of wrecks per snow day than any other city in the state.

Chuck,

Good job! Interesting facts included with your morning weather and post report.. Now if you could just get your figures correct.. (It's 26 inches, not feet, right?)

I mean Rangeley, Maine only gets an average of 121.3", that's just over ten-feet. (That's 308.1 cm Bert).

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
More substantive comments

Boo-Boo,

You win the "More Substantial Comment" award for the day! I wish I had access to all the neat 'emocons' or whatever in hell you call those things you attach to your posts, because I would award you a whole page full of them.. You and Bert-Man have created a running dialog about how to get entire service manuals posted here on the Forum and all the other guys have chimed in as well...

What a boon it would be to all who come to the Lawn World Forum for advice if you could supply them with the correct page and verse of the service manual that offered the answer to their problem.

Her'e the best I can do to recognize your contribution to not only this thread, but the entire website::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

That's cool Boo, it's just like you sent me in the email.. Still has lots of ads with it though, is that going to be a problem when it comes to downloading?

Rog

Hate to say it, but I DON'T think this is going to work, I thought the manuals would display as a PDF , as you know that's NOT the case, I don't understand about the " ad's".. when I click on it, I get a BLACK window with a VERTICAL semi-white line on it ( which is actually miniature thumbnails ,until you put the arrow ( cursor) on one of them, then it shows the + sign.... I click on it, then the manual opens, ) BUT I can only scroll the pages up or down, no provision to copy/print or whatever, however I can use the "SNIPPING-TOOL" to save a page at a time, kinda crazy to do that. Also earlier today I tried to up-load a BIG manual on the site, after several minutes it kicked back -UN-able to up-load file, SOOOoooo that's another damper on it, it's probably OK if some one needs just a few pages to copy and print, ( using the SNIP-tool ) but I think it's a lost cause. I REALLY did try fella's but I'm NOT a puter GEEK ! I can find a lot of stuff ( USUALLY ) but I don't get crazy about delving into reading and experimenting with this stuff. I have a bunch of manuals I have saved over the years, I was once told to save the MANUALS I wanted to keep as a PDF file DOWNLOAD because as it has proven to happen ... the URL address ( where I downloaded the manual ) will change, or "disappear" I have the PDF files, but I have not been able to find the original URL addresses. Like MTD, I still have a few URL's for several manuals but their ORIGINAL manual download site ( along with the URL's ) is now in the hands of another party, and most other companies change "hands" and things are dropped, There's MANY, MANY, hours involved in tracking down information, only to find out later, it's no longer there or available, without the URL's or a way to send a PDF, we have the same old situation,The days of the machines manufacturer supplying the printed multi-paged manuals for the machine, AND the supplied engine are history, they die off with the " good ol' days " Of course you can find a lot of manuals on EVIL-BAY, if you're willing to pay the piper ! ..:smiley_aafz: