The Daily Yardman Thread

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

If it makes you feel any better it was 115 F today in the sun with a nice cool breeze making it a very pleasant 97 in the shade.
8 pm now 81 deg, time for a long red on the verandah before going home

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

GOOD Mornin Bean-Counter !!

YESS.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

AND ..... Good Mornin to the rest of you guy's

GM  C.png

A chilly week ahead here in Fl. .....sittin @ 34deg. this morn. (4:30 A.M.)

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 180,044

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Morning Boo

We are getting SNOW this morning. Play time!!!

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
An urgent request for more substantive comments!

I hate to say it you guys, but I fear that if we don't start posting more interesting comments than "Good Morning", or "It's 6 below arsehole here this morning", I'm afraid the thread is going to wither and die on the vine.

I realize that it is winter and that limits our activities, but we still need something of greater interest than wishing each other a good morning if we expect to continue to attract a decent readership!

Boo-Boo has been working on being able to provide service manuals in 'pdf' form and he has finally succeeded! But that has been behind the scenes with me via email.

If you have to report the weather, make it interesting!

It's just 32*F here this morning and clouds of "steam" are rolling up off the spring fed river. The Springs in this part of Florida discharge thousands of gallons of near 72*F water year 'round. 'First Magnitude' Springs discharge over a million gallons!

Whenever the Gulf waters drop down as low as 60*F hundreds of manatees swim up river to the springs to keep warm. Here's a link to Three Sister's Spring and the manatee action there: http://www.threesistersspringsvisitor.org/

This is the weekend of the Manatee Festival, (or as we call it, "The Crystal River Worlds Fair"): http://www.gomanateefest.com/

By golly you can bet the tourists will be bundled up to attend that today!!

We probably won't hear much from Boo today as his blood congeals anytime the outside temperatures get down this low...

You guys must have something exciting going on in your lives! . . . For instance I got a $254 speeding ticket yesterday!! . . That was exciting, now I'll tell ya!! . . . . . . . Bad boy, bad boy, whatcha gonna do? . . . . I'm gonna pay it! ... That's what I'm gonna do!!! . . . And then I'm going to slow down and enjoy the scenery..

Rog

PS. Keep those five word comments coming Doc, at least they are 'pithy'..

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

Up EARLY, .......AGAIN, Eh Doc ??

View attachment 35421
we are busy as a one legged rooster in the hen house this time of year, chimney fires are the top calls followed by smoke in the basement.
Had three calls last night about two hours apart, so that means I got no sleep....but it's ok, I got home in time to stoke the fire all three times, so living room is nice and warm.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

I really like steel cut oats for breakfast.
I make a batch and divide onto 4 small dishes and refrigerate.
Then, a quick zap, add some raisins and a splash of maple syrup or honey, and.........YUM !

(How's that, Roger?? Or, would you rather I revive the sardines topic??)

AND.....Only 7 1/2 months till......ALABAMA FOOTBALL !!

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

I ordered a part called a "clutch guard" for my mower (brahd name omitted on purpose so as to not get moved to mfr. forum...)
I did this at the recommendation of my bud mhavanti.
He sez ti will stiffen up the frame a bit.
Part was inexpensive enough, but it did not come with hardware....
Bummer.............