The Daily Yardman Thread

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

I used to drink, but, I couldn't cope with the forces of magnetism and gravity any more... magnetism was always pulling me into walls, door-frames, night-stands, bar-stools and countless other objects, gravity then took over, leading my body to a horizontal position, in curious places, .. the back-seats of various cars, under trees, on a lawn-chair, sometimes on a beach-towel, but mostly winding up in a bed, (mine, .. or some-one else's ..

View attachment 34484

I stopped drinking just after my first son was born around 32 years ago. I got drunk for the first time at age 13 and did not stop until 21. I do not mean I got drunk during that time, I did not get sober during that time. It was a very dangerous time in my life. I almost killed myself many times. Somewhere around 10 years ago I started drinking a drink every once and a while. It takes me a year to put a pint in the trash. I bought a 5th 3 years ago and still have it. But I thought I would celebrate tonight. That did not work out at all. I got a migraine and just have it under control. So no drinking tonight. But I still say cheers to you.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

I used to drink, but, I couldn't cope with the forces of magnetism and gravity any more... magnetism was always pulling me into walls, door-frames, night-stands, bar-stools and countless other objects, gravity then took over, leading my body to a horizontal position, in curious places, .. the back-seats of various cars, under trees, on a lawn-chair, sometimes on a beach-towel, but mostly winding up in a bed, (mine, .. or some-one else's ..

View attachment 34484

I quit drinking just today, after finishing my sardine/cracker/Yuengling lunch.
But, as I am an Alabama fan, I will undoubtedly take it up again tomorrow..........

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Came home one night..?? about 4:00A.M. , pretty much "hammered" the wifey woke up and was giving me that look, you know, the one that read's, man you are really in deep sheet now !! Then she says, why'd ya bother coming home ?? SOOoooo I replied, .... It's the Last Place Open !!! Needless to say, things were'nt going very well after my comment !!! .. :laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

Good morning mates

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

the story I posted about the dog collar was not me........:laughing:

Thanks for straightening me out Doc..

I actually had read the last line of 'your' story, but for some unknown reason it just didn't sink in...

Told you I was numb...

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

I believe that the "honor" of the 2000th post should go to one of you long-time contributors.
Maybe it should be something profound.....or, totally inane ??

Ron,

Profound?? Seriously?? You have been reading this crap... right? Inane is more like it and insane might be better yet!! :laughing::laughing::confused2:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Drinking

Just to keep up with the rest of you tee-totalers..

I quit drinking in 1970 after an 'interesting' evening in Japan, where I was arrested and accused of creating an "International Incident".. (Pure B.S., by the way!)

It did however get me to review my drinking habits.

To make matters worse, I also quit smoking the same year. That made me ugly as a bear for a couple weeks. :mad:

Now I'm boring as hell and have nothing but my memories and sea stories to cling to.. Sad... :frown:

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Oct. 14, 2017

Today's Stats:

Views as of this AM - 104,147 a Daily increase of 748, giving us an 18 day average of 552 which provides an estimate of 114,084.

The 347 day running average is now 300 views per day, which gives us a long term estimate of 109,547.

As previously noted the 2000th post has come and gone... That means that for every person posting, there are 52 more people just reading it! Just think where this thread would go if only half of those folks would offer a comment!!!

We have to go find a leather shop today, I have to make a sheath for two hatchets..

Rog