The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
B-Day

Boo,

You guessed my B-day exactly correct back when we were first discussing yours.

Rog

PS. Same as Elvis

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Ahh, Good Old American Manufacturing...

I used to enjoy Monty Python in the day, now I tune into Brandon O,Carroll's Mrs. Browns Boys.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00x98tn

Yes Doc, you're right, Monty Python is old hat now-a-days.. I 'think' I've heard all the Mrs Brown episodes..

Did you ever watch the Black Adder series? I think there were four series of them. PBS used to carry them, but they haven't now for a number of years. They were some of my favorites.. Featured "Baldrick" the 'Dog body man servant.'

Rog

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

SURE DID !! It was great, just before I was going to bed, Great Birthday,thus far,.. hope the rest of my day goes the same way .. and Chuck I thank you again for fulfilling the role you do as the "View-Master " HMMmm I think I had one of things when I was a kid,.. where you put a disc or card of mini-photos into something like a big set of binoculars and then clicked a button to view the photos on the disc enlarged ... AHHhh the glorious days of irresponsible childhood ..:laughing:..:laughing:

I remember those days. We where very tight on cash so I started a chop shop for bicycles so I could have what I wanted. 8 years old. I was really good at painting and moving parts around to change a bike so no one could tell who's it was. My mother worked out of town 6 days a week and my sisters did not care what I did as long as I left them alone. Oh, the glory days.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I remember those days. We where very tight on cash so I started a chop shop for bicycles so I could have what I wanted. 8 years old. I was really good at painting and moving parts around to change a bike so no one could tell who's it was. My mother worked out of town 6 days a week and my sisters did not care what I did as long as I left them alone. Oh, the glory days.

WELL .... YOU LITTLE $@&#@%$@@&%&$ SOoooo .. you're the #@&^%$##@%$# that stole my bike !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

WELL .... YOU LITTLE $@&#@%$@@&%&$ SOoooo .. you're the #@&^%$##@%$# that stole my bike !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Remember I said chop shop. I just received them and "fixed" them for resale. I knew a lot of bad people in my youth.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Remember I said chop shop. I just received them and "fixed" them for resale. I knew a lot of bad people in my youth.

You were still tied in with those rowdies, so that makes you an accomplice !! NO ESCAPE !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Re: B-Day

YEAH ... Jan. 8th NOW ! we need Berts ....

Not a chance in hell.
While I will happily discuss all sorts of stuff on an open forum, stuff that identifies me to unknown web bots is always off limits.

I can still google me and come up with nothing
You won't find me on a farce book search either.
I resigned from several clubs when they decided to go to farce book and move databases to the cloud.
No Gmail or Yahoo mail either.
Easy is unsecure and in the e world, if it is free then you are the product.
I shop mainly with cash and over the web with Paypal if I can and if I can't with a company credit card with a different name to mine.
No loyality cards, bonus cards, frequent flyers etc etc etc.

I am no super slueth but I got into a heated discussion about internet security with some one who made me out to be parranoid.
Two days latter after I published his address, the license plates of all his motorcycles, his wifes maiden name, her car, her place of employment her gym , his kids names, schools & grades, where he worked & where he went for his last 3 holidays, the penny dropped.
Various governments have tried to bring in national identity cards and every time it got defeated including at a refferendum.
People supposedly value their privacy then go and put their entire life up on the web for a handful of trinkets that make the purchase of Manhattan Is look like a good deal for the Indians.

When I retired from the transposr business my customers suddenly realised that they had no idea who I really was, even those who had known me for 30 years.
I had door keys or enterance codes for dozens of their houses but very few actually knew my full name.
So no you will just have to guess.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Happy Birthday Anniversary,Boo !!!

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
More on Sardines and Saving $$$

And, a note on 2 prior topics.......
I saw Bumble Bee Boneless and Skinless Sardines in Olive Oil in the 4.4oz can on Amazon on Monday for $27+ for a carton of 12 tins.
That's $2.25+ per tin (Walmart sells for $2.29/ea.)
Tuesday the price dropped to $17+ for 12 tins..............less than $1.50/ea !!!!
I jumped all over that !! (Had to spend $25.00 to get free shipping, so ordered some DVD-R discs I needed)

So, that covers sardines AND effective purchasing.