The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

AHHHHhh yessss .... so good to hear from the Forefather of this thread, still carrying his fine sense of humor too ! We doin our best to keep the "ember's" burnin here Rog, but YOU need to visit more often ! ..:thumbsup:

View attachment 37138

OK, that's it for today Boo, unless this knee crap has me wound up like a top!

I haven't done anything exciting since getting home anyway. I got shots in my knees and I got a new keyboard for this PC, I'd worn several letters off the keys of the original, probably from posting on here so much.

I did restore the vintage, composite, oil lamp I bought at the flea market off the guy from Vermont. I wore him down over three months to my price. He simply didn't want to have to lug it all the way back home.

I also restored several block planes that I'd picked up. I found one more Millers Falls and a few Stanleys (which is what everyone collects), but for a good quality plane you can't beat Millers Falls. They got into the plane making business late (1929) where as Sargent and Stanley had been making planes since the mid 1800's! In order to set themselves apart they just made good quality tools, most of their plane are copies of Stanley patterns, but they are very well made.

So I haven't had much of interest to contribute.. (Assuming that any of you guys are interested in any of that stuff) ... Pretty far off base for small engine repair. Here's how the oil lamp turned out.

Rog

Attachments

• Hepatica & Heraldy.jpg
    Hepatica & Heraldy.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 5

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

OK, that's it for today Boo, unless this knee crap has me wound up like a top!

I haven't done anything exciting since getting home anyway. I got shots in my knees and I got a new keyboard for this PC, I'd worn several letters off the keys of the original, probably from posting on here so much.

I did restore the vintage, composite, oil lamp I bought at the flea market off the guy from Vermont. I wore him down over three months to my price. He simply didn't want to have to lug it all the way back home.

I also restored several block planes that I'd picked up. I found one more Millers Falls and a few Stanleys (which is what everyone collects), but for a good quality plane you can't beat Millers Falls. They got into the plane making business late (1929) where as Sargent and Stanley had been making planes since the mid 1800's! In order to set themselves apart they just made good quality tools, most of their plane are copies of Stanley patterns, but they are very well made.

So I haven't had much of interest to contribute.. (Assuming that any of you guys are interested in any of that stuff) ... Pretty far off base for small engine repair. Here's how the oil lamp turned out.

Rog

Using Mobil 1 FULL Synthetic 5W/30 in it .... Right ?? .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

I stay west of the river. Old Lyme and East Lyme "Eat Slime" are east of the river, but yeah that general area. There's actually a shortage of landscapers east of the river and some really nice properties but I don't like having to get on the highway with my rig...too much of a hassle to secure my load to DOT standards. Securing the mowers is easy but securing the bed load is another matter.

Yeah, my step-son does landscaping and has the same stories. He was the one who told me I needed to hook my trailer safety chains up from under the bracket, not down from the top.. I guess that's one of the many requirements..

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Using Mobil 1 FULL Synthetic 5W/30 in it .... Right ?? .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Boo, no joke! The Doc took out two hypodermics that were the size of a roll of nickels with needles to match! When I saw how much effort it took for him to force those huge needles through the membranes of the six bottles (three each) I commented that they didn't look real 'friendly'. He just laughed and told me they were just for filling the hypos and that he'd use much smaller needles on me. Luckily he was telling the truth, and I hardly even felt them going in. However! You wouldn't believe how much liquid was pumped into each knee! I have no idea how many cc's, but how many could fit into a nickel roll?

Did you ever see that guy at the flea markets with the engine that has no oil pan, running all day without any form of lubrication? Well that is usually PETRON PLUS and there is another NANO lubricant that works the same way. No friction whatsoever! I think if they had injected that into my knees, they would be 100% fixed!!

I wonder if the "LUBE MASTER" (a.k.a. Bert Man) has ever run into any of those nano lubes. Pretty magic stuff! I guess I already broached the subject on here some time ago, now that I think about it. I was impressed, but then as you know, I am easily impressed..

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Had you joined the Air Force instead of the Navy ya probably wouldn't have the knee problems, you know....
"going-down" all the time, .....(in submarines).... Ha,Ha,Ha, ( LOL )

000204~1.GIF

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

I'm ASSuming, you meant a CAT 5 WIRING job .. ?? If correct, why not use CAT 5E or even CAT 6 .. ?? ..:confused2:

Chuck YOU need more coffee !! ..:cool2:

It is CAT6 but I was trying not to bore you with the details. 12000 square foot of Cat6 with a 19 inch rack 48 locations and 67 wires. Profit will be about 6000 dollars not too bad for 40 hours of work.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

Yeah, my step-son does landscaping and has the same stories. He was the one who told me I needed to hook my trailer safety chains up from under the bracket, not down from the top.. I guess that's one of the many requirements..

Rog

Chances are that if you get pulled over by DOT they're going to get you for something and it's going to cost you big. I make good faith efforts to comply, but I'm pretty sure they'd get me for something. Besides, there's plenty of work on my side of the river. :thumbsup:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

AHAA ! .... I knew it !! .. Dastardly Darryl really was "sent up the river" .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

AHAA ! .... I knew it !! .. Dastardly Darryl really was "sent up the river" .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Yeah I do have a pretty scary criminal record in fact. 32 in a 20mph zone in 1979 and I forget the speed for my ticket in Montana in 1985, but I remember it was only a $5 fine and the cop told me that if I get pulled over again today to just tell the officer that I already got a ticket today, lol.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

We may have to pull you in to the review board for this Forum thread,... we've NEVER had a sinister type scientist within our elite associaton of "nood-nicks" before !! ..

80823b9d3d0ab6dd52ad4ef77994fc42--funny-emoticons-smileys.jpg