The Daily Yardman Thread

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

was kind of a laid back day for me, but I did manage to move my wife's display case into the living room like she asked me too.
IMG_5640.jpg

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

I saw a women in the supermarket today wearing a tee shirt that said "Guess"

So I said 'Implants'?

The Bitch Hit me!

Bwells

Threads

I guess we are done with hurricane news and now for fire news. California is burning up as usual. The area around Santa Rosa, just north of SF, is burning at break neck speed with the flames being pushed with 40-50 mph winds. my niece evacuated at 12 midnight Sunday and was able to grab the kids and dog and get out to my brothers house. They went back on Monday afternoon to find houses gone and expected the worst for theirs but as they rounded the corner, there it was in fine shape. The winds were pushing the fire in a certain direction and it didn't appear that it was towards their house. All around them the houses were gone and she said it was the weirdest thing she had ever seen.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

That is nice to hear. Glad for you and yours.

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

I guess we are done with hurricane news and now for fire news. California is burning up as usual. The area around Santa Rosa, just north of SF, is burning at break neck speed with the flames being pushed with 40-50 mph winds. my niece evacuated at 12 midnight Sunday and was able to grab the kids and dog and get out to my brothers house. They went back on Monday afternoon to find houses gone and expected the worst for theirs but as they rounded the corner, there it was in fine shape. The winds were pushing the fire in a certain direction and it didn't appear that it was towards their house. All around them the houses were gone and she said it was the weirdest thing she had ever seen.

Be-Well,

Glad to hear your niece's home escaped the conflagration! What a mess it must be out there. We'd like to think that with todays equipment, that man could at least control wild fires, but obviously that is not the case.

Best wishes to all who live in those areas of CA (and other states to of course) that are subjected to uncontrollable wild fires nearly every year.

I lived in San Diego for three years and between the earth quakes, fires and left-leaning-loons, I'm glad to be 'back East'...

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

When I was a youngster, we used to always see signs that read ..The End is Near !! .. Hmmm ... maybe there's some truth to them nowadays !! Sometimes, now at family gatherings, the conversation turns to the inevitable, and what we're doing in "The-Winter" of our lives. I no longer think I'm "bullet-proof" and find myself thinking about what we will leave behind, after our final departure. I don't believe in the "new" climate change theory that is being spewed forth,I think (as I was taught in Elementary school) the earth evolves and we go through different ages ... Ice-Age, periods of drought, periods of flooding, etc. I often think about the Grand Canyon and how long it took for the waters ( and a lot of it ) to whittle the earth like that. Super Hurricanes,Super Floods, Super Snowfalls,Super Fires, sometimes I think the fella "up-stairs" is kinda pissed off about what we do here to his planet, I think... sometimes I think too much !! ..:cool:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Hey Goomba, you need to go to work for Trump, straighten up the books, get rid of all the handout's cut all the wasted spending, fix all these friggen roads with pot-holes. re-build our military !! YOU CAN do this !! ...:thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

My newest (temporary) views revision, ... 111, 110 ...:laughing:..:laughing:

Boo,

Believe me buddy, I am not the right man to be involved in any governmental department, regardless of political agenda..

111,110 - huh? Well, lets see.....

Early this morning the actual number of views was 102,134 an increase of 579 from about the same time yesterday, which makes our two-week running average increase 527. If that continues apace then we could expect an additional 11,067 views by October 31st and if that holds true then we could have 113,201 total views by that date..

However, our 344 day running average is only 297. This more conservative number would only bring our views up to 108,371.

I am glad to see that you are 'crunching' the numbers too, it will be interesting to see if either of us are anywhere near correct in the end.

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

When I was a youngster, we used to always see signs that read ..The End is Near !! .. Hmmm ... maybe there's some truth to them nowadays !! Sometimes, now at family gatherings, the conversation turns to the inevitable, and what we're doing in "The-Winter" of our lives. I no longer think I'm "bullet-proof" and find myself thinking about what we will leave behind, after our final departure. I don't believe in the "new" climate change theory that is being spewed forth,I think (as I was taught in Elementary school) the earth evolves and we go through different ages ... Ice-Age, periods of drought, periods of flooding, etc. I often think about the Grand Canyon and how long it took for the waters ( and a lot of it ) to whittle the earth like that. Super Hurricanes,Super Floods, Super Snowfalls,Super Fires, sometimes I think the fella "up-stairs" is kinda pissed off about what we do here to his planet,

I think... sometimes I think too much !! ..:cool:

Boo-Boo,

Of course you are right! The earth does indeed go through climatic changes, most of which, at least by human standards, have been cataclysmic! The question as to whether or not the current shift we are experiencing has been exacerbated by humans, (although more than likely correct) is of little consequence, because it is a natural cycle that is going to happen regardless of what we do now.

Anyone who has lived as long as many of us who post on this thread have, can't have but have noted a change in the climate since their childhood, especially if they have lived the majority of their lives in a part of the country that experiences dramatic seasonal changes and if their ancestors lived there as well. When my grandfather was young, Casco Bay, where I grew up, froze over solidly every winter. By the time my mother was a young woman (she was born the year the Titanic sunk!!) there were winters when the Bay did not freeze solid and in my youth the Bay did not freeze most winters. My daughter now lives there and is rapidly approaching 50! (How in hell did she get THAT old??) Anyway, the Bay may have frozen out as far as the first islands (one-mile offshore) perhaps five or six times in her lifetime, maybe even less. My Grand Daughters have never seen it freeze.

Grandfather was born in 1876, so we are talking about less than 150 years! Less than a second in geological time.. Does that mean humanity is doomed? Damned if I know, but I'd like to think that humans are resilient and resourceful enough to survive as a species.. Our importance to the existence of the earth is, of course, non-existent, (expect to ourselves), we have a rather inflated view of our value, regardless of the fact that we freely admit we have been detrimental to the overall health of the planet.

We're probably like fleas to a dog, he'd get rid of them, if he could... Who knows? We may be experiencing a flea bath!!!

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Boo-Boo,

Of course you are right! The earth does indeed go through climatic changes, most of which, at least by human standards, have been cataclysmic! The question as to whether or not the current shift we are experiencing has been exacerbated by humans, (although more than likely correct) is of little consequence, because it is a natural cycle that is going to happen regardless of what we do now.

Anyone who has lived as long as many of us who post on this thread have, can't have but have noted a change in the climate since their childhood, especially if they have lived the majority of their lives in a part of the country that experiences dramatic seasonal changes and if their ancestors lived there as well. When my grandfather was young, Casco Bay, where I grew up, froze over solidly every winter. By the time my mother was a young woman (she was born the year the Titanic sunk!!) there were winters when the Bay did not freeze solid and in my youth the Bay did not freeze most winters. My daughter now lives there and is rapidly approaching 50! (How in hell did she get THAT old??) Anyway, the Bay may have frozen out as far as the first islands (one-mile offshore) perhaps five or six times in her lifetime, maybe even less. My Grand Daughters have never seen it freeze.

Grandfather was born in 1876, so we are talking about less than 150 years! Less than a second in geological time.. Does that mean humanity is doomed? Damned if I know, but I'd like to think that humans are resilient and resourceful enough to survive as a species.. Our importance to the existence of the earth is, of course, non-existent, (expect to ourselves), we have a rather inflated view of our value, regardless of the fact that we freely admit we have been detrimental to the overall health of the planet.

We're probably like fleas to a dog, he'd get rid of them, if he could... Who knows? We may be experiencing a flea bath!!!

Rog

Sorry about all the "have's" in that mess... I guess I should have re-read it one more time before posting it..

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

It's OK Goomba, we're not watchin grammer and math computations here, we got outa school LONG ago !! Speaking of... we had pencils and paper, not lap-tops & tablets, WE learned about things that were handed down from generation to generation, the "ol-fashion" way, sometimes I wonder why we get asked to hold "drives" to help support the schools inventory of note-books,paper and even toilet-paper. What happened to the "SUPPLEMENTAL MONIES" from the states that are supposed to get from their Lotteries ?? From what I see out there in these kids and college proffessors, we be in deep, VERY-DEEP, sheet !! It's a shame today's generation will never experience all the fabulous things we got to enjoy, I'm so depressed, .... think I'll get my Play-Dough and coloring books and go hide in my safe-space so no-one will see me tremble and cry !! ..:laughing:..:laughing: