The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: And now for something entirely different

the only leather work I have ever done is when I clean my saddle after every long trail ride.

I agree with James as well, nice words of kindness Rog. Has been my pleasure to share and to receive the words of wisdom form all who contribute to this thread.

Thanks Doc, I hope we can find a leather shop somewhere in the area. . . . I hate to say it, but I've never liked horses.. No, not that I don't like them, but back when I was in H.S. I had a girl friend who had horses and when I discovered that she much preferred their company to mine, I sort of got soured on them. Plus I couldn't ride for schitt, never got the rhythm right - (probably why she liked them better than me! - Bad rhythm!!)

You're right, the guys who post on here have been great. They'll help out anyone who needs it, they show concern for each other's well being and they have interesting things to discuss or interesting projects to share. Who could ask for anything more? Not me!!

And you!! . . Hey! Anybody who's favorite movie is "The Princess Bride", is 100% alright in my book.. We're brother's of Fezzik! .. .. If we ever end up in the "Pit of Despair", I can think of no one I'd rather have by my side!! ............ LOL ....... How are you with a sword anyway?

Rog

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Me, with a sword................not good, I'm more like Indiana Jones, in the movie an assassin comes at him swinging a sword, and he just shoots him dead....hahaha that would be me with the gun

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

this is me with my horse "Rebba".........this picture is about ten years old
259912_246443982036358_2990449_n.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

UT-OH,.. I think this has gone to the dog's !!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

I thought we were off to the races!!!

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
DOGS

UT-OH,.. I think this has gone to the dog's !!

Good idea Boo,

Lots of folks have dogs today and half of them treat them like kids (which means they are spoiled rotten), but having a dog is the "IN" thing..

I've only had one dog in my entire lifetime. I got her from a ranch down in Putnam County, FL where I used to hunt deer and hogs. Her parents had the free run of all 3,500 acres and the mother had her pups in a den she had dug into a sand bank. The owner told me he'd sell me one for $40 if I could catch it. (They were just like wild animals.) It took me three days to lure the only female in the litter into a tack shed using dog food.

I'm sure Bert-Man will recognize the breed, they have become much more popular over the last couple of decades, but when I brought her home, she may well have been the first of her kind in Maine. The Vet was amazed to see one at the time.

We named her Matilda and called her Tillie. Very tough little dogs with more 'heart' than a lion. Tillie tore into a German Shepard once who's owner had implied that she wasn't 'much of a dog'. After I set her on his dog, he very quickly changed his mind!

She chased a moose once, but after barking at it's hind quarters, she ran back to me. It was the only time I ever saw her stop chasing something without being called off.

Roger

Attachments

• scan0009.jpg
    scan0009.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 6
  • scan0010.jpg
    scan0010.jpg
    389.6 KB · Views: 7

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Oct. 10, 2017

Today's stats:

Views to date - 101,555

Running average views per day - 296

Average views per day for the last 13 days - 522.5

Estimated number of views on 10/31 using running average - 108,067

Estimated number of views on 10/31 using 13 day average - 113,050

Number of households in the US that own dogs - 43,346,000

Percentage of households owning dogs - 36.5%

Average number of dogs per household - 1.6 (Geez, that's got to be hard on some of the dogs!!)

Total number of dogs in the US - 69,926,000 - give or take a few..

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Re: DOGS

Good idea Boo,

Lots of folks have dogs today and half of them treat them like kids (which means they are spoiled rotten), but having a dog is the "IN" thing..

I've only had one dog in my entire lifetime. I got her from a ranch down in Putnam County, FL where I used to hunt deer and hogs. Her parents had the free run of all 3,500 acres and the mother had her pups in a den she had dug into a sand bank. The owner told me he'd sell me one for $40 if I could catch it. (They were just like wild animals.) It took me three days to lure the only female in the litter into a tack shed using dog food.

I'm sure Bert-Man will recognize the breed, they have become much more popular over the last couple of decades, but when I brought her home, she may well have been the first of her kind in Maine. The Vet was amazed to see one at the time.

We named her Matilda and called her Tillie. Very tough little dogs with more 'heart' than a lion. Tillie tore into a German Shepard once who's owner had implied that she wasn't 'much of a dog'. After I set her on his dog, he very quickly changed his mind!

She chased a moose once, but after barking at it's hind quarters, she ran back to me. It was the only time I ever saw her stop chasing something without being called off.

Roger

yes seen the odd one or two but she looks a little moungrel to me .
One of the favourite events at the local shows was the cattle dog trials.
Some really smart dogs.
The panseys are trying to have the trials banned because it is traumatic to the sheep, alpacas or cows that get herded by the dogs.
I would really like to chain their sorry rear ends to a star picket in a paddock for a week.
One of the sayings ( insult ) of a farmer friend to a "know all from the city "went along the lines of :-
Go crawl up a cows C*** and let the bull f*** some sense into you,

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Hey Goomba, you need to go to work for Trump, straighten up the books, get rid of all the handout's cut all the wasted spending, fix all these friggen roads with pot-holes. re-build our military !! YOU CAN do this !! ...:thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

My newest (temporary) views revision, ... 111, 110 ...:laughing:..:laughing: