The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
COX Mowers

Bertman,

I copy and pasted the Cox website into my browser and this is what I discovered: - - COX Mowers Australia | COX - Australian for Ride On - - Now if THAT isn't a play on words, I don't know what is!!

It's like the ads were see here for Fosters: - - "Fosters" - Australian for Beer!! .... COX - Australian for "RIDE ON!!" I love it!!

Roger

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Glad you liked it.
The cultural cringe means that locals only buy them as last resort and they are more expensive than most equivalent imported mower.
However I can cut grass that is 6' tall with mine and occasionally do when I get too busy and don't mow the 1.5 miles of street frontage ( part of lease arangement ).
Saplings up to 1" diameter , no problems.
If the little briggs will push the mower over it the Cox will cut it.
Biggest problem is the small wheels make it hard on the butt and having a solid axel you have to do most cornering backwards or you have a 20' turning circle.
They did experiment with a freewheel hub but it never really worked.

Did any USA mowers use a dual cone clutch ?

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

both my Yamaha golf carts use a cone clutch

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: COX Mowers

Bertman,

I copy and pasted the Cox website into my browser and this is what I discovered: - - COX Mowers Australia | COX - Australian for Ride On - - Now if THAT isn't a play on words, I don't know what is!!

It's like the ads were see here for Fosters: - - "Fosters" - Australian for Beer!! .... COX - Australian for "RIDE ON!!" I love it!!

Roger
what now, Dundee the Mower man

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

starting to get things under control around here, have a meeting with the surrogate Thursday and the wife is just starting to realize she is a free person and no longer has to stay home and watch after her mom

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Rebuilt the carb on my 42" Murray 17.5 briggs , Nikki carb, SOoooo EZ , what a simple O/H. More time cleaning than the disassembly & reassembly combined , runs like new, me be a HAPPY Camper , pics forthcoming. ..:thumbsup:

basshole

Threads
Re: Hunting Stories

Snivel, snivel,snivel,snivel, SNIVEL !!!!

I was standing in line at a grocery store, had on a Ducks Unlimited tshirt. A lady and her partner started a bitc*^% fit accusing me of shooting ducks. I said "No Ma'am, I do the catch and release method" They both nodded, and said ok, that is better.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Re: COX Mowers

what now, Dundee the Mower man

The mamagement at Cox which is a family owned company tried to get into yard vacs
However then quickly became known as the COX SUCKER and being a conservative church going family the quietly exited the market.
Originally they made outboard motors.

basshole

Threads

My son (who mows our lawn) has requested a riding lawn mower. And being the Dad that I am, and since it's Dad's day I decided to go ahead and acquire one. As you can see by his expression, he wasn't as excited on the find as I am. Jeez what is up with these Teenagers now a days? Back when I was his age......

Attachments

• mower1.jpg
    mower1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 7
  • mower2.jpg
    mower2.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 5
  • mower3.jpg
    mower3.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 5
  • mower4.jpg
    mower4.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 5

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

My son (who mows our lawn) has requested a riding lawn mower. And being the Dad that I am, and since it's Dad's day I decided to go ahead and acquire one. As you can see by his expression, he wasn't as excited on the find as I am. Jeez what is up with these Teenagers now a days? Back when I was his age......

At least he could ride instead of walking it ! Shoulda just handed him a pair of grass shesrs !! ..:laughing: Hey anytime ya feel like jumpin in on this thread feel free we want more voices and anything goes (allowed within forum rules of course.) As you can see we cover a multitude of non-mower subjects , (all in havin a good time ) .. :thumbsup: