The Daily Yardman Thread

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Right,
Just the man I was looking for.
Is there anything on , in or with it that would indicate where they are made in China ?
They are not imported into OZ and HF do not sell into OZ and if they did it would cost over $ 100 in freight.
So bugsey here has been looking for the factory that makes the, to see if I can import a crate of them.

tire changer.jpg

I put that picture in right. The web site changed it.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 127,225

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I have put 3 sets of back tires on my ZTR. They are 24" tall compared to the 18" stock tires. I now can mow at 10 MPH and love it. Took 45 min off my largest lot I mow. 2.5 acres. My Craftsman (snow pusher) I put a full set of tires on as I paid $50.00 for it and it needed tires and a belt replaced. Sold it for $500 this summer. I was rebuilding an old Murray GT and had to put a full set of tires on it. I paid $25.00 for it and sold it this summer for $100.00. Then the rest of the tires are from the rest of the crap I got and fixed up and sold. I was purchasing tires from eBay / Amazon for $2.00 to $5.00 for front tires and $10.00 to $15.00 for rear tires.
The picture is me in the back and my 2-year-old son that is slowly trying to kill me on the ZTR. Look at the aggressive tread on that bad boy. No, I do not tear up the grass.
View attachment 34820

You must be gettin USED tires from online, I found some NEW tires, ( 20x10x8 ) 4 ply (pretty sure they are FULL 4 ply) and NOT 2ply rated 4ply, starting at around $53.00 up to $110.00 EACH. ( Carlisle or Kenda ) brands, different tread styles .

OH Yeah ... was your head on crooked when ya posted the pic..??

Husqvarna.jpg ...SOoooo we finally get to see what the Chuckmiester look's like, and his handsome lil boy !

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Remenants from our Great Power Outage Storm

I know I told you guys about the large pine tree that blew down in the storm that put half the State of Maine out of power and just missed the corner of our camp. Well yesterday we went out to start clean up on that mess and I didn't want you guys to think that I was one to exaggerate so I took pictures.

This one shows it the best, the base of the tree is about 15' behind the camera and the top is right in front of the car. Now I'm telling you, that was close!

Roger

Attachments

• DSCN2097_965.jpg
    DSCN2097_965.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 6

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

Morning folks......interesting topic in here I see, thanks to Ron we will have at least 100,000 views next week just covering tire tubes......LOL
I have a harbor freight tire changer to Boobola, mine is for automotive tires and works great. I plan to bolt it to the garage floor one day, but for now I have it bolted to two 4 ft length 2X10's.

I didnot know they made one for the little tires. I have a 10" long bolt and I just slip it through the bearing and using washers that are large enough I tighten it then mount the end of the bolt in the shop vise. Makes quick hands free tire mounting and dismounting.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

this seems to be the only photo I have of it.............well, it's not like I just go around snapping pictures of everything I'm doing ,.......right Roger....LOL
IMG_5700.jpg

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Remenants from our Great Power Outage Storm

I know I told you guys about the large pine tree that blew down in the storm that put half the State of Maine out of power and just missed the corner of our camp. Well yesterday we went out to start clean up on that mess and I didn't want you guys to think that I was one to exaggerate so I took pictures.

This one shows it the best, the base of the tree is about 15' behind the camera and the top is right in front of the car. Now I'm telling you, that was close!

Roger
yup, that was close

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Right,
Just the man I was looking for.
Is there anything on , in or with it that would indicate where they are made in China ?
They are not imported into OZ and HF do not sell into OZ and if they did it would cost over $ 100 in freight.
So bugsey here has been looking for the factory that makes the, to see if I can import a crate of them.

OK Mr. Bert, I take it you would like to procure this item ( or a few) .. I will do my most diligent, bleeding-knuckles,effort to find and disseminate, with the utmost of EXTREME urgency, the information your lil pea-pickin heart desire's !!!

teka-teki.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

You must be gettin USED tires from online, I found some NEW tires, ( 20x10x8 ) 4 ply (pretty sure they are FULL 4 ply) and NOT 2ply rated 4ply, starting at around $53.00 up to $110.00 EACH. ( Carlisle or Kenda ) brands, different tread styles .

OH Yeah ... was your head on crooked when ya posted the pic..??

View attachment 34822 ...SOoooo we finally get to see what the Chuckmiester look's like, and his handsome lil boy !

Yep thats me. And 40 pounds heaver. Through all this crap I have been going through I have lost 40 pounds. So something good has come from all of this crap. There is a silver lining in everything if you just know where to look. By the way I am finally feeling back to normal. Everything has clearded my sysyem. And I mean everything.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Forgot to post this picture. The engine on my ZMaster that was so dirty. I cleaned it up and started putting it back together. When i noticed I had forgotten to clean the flywheel. I hand scrapped the dirt and grass out and took a picture of it. Tool is for size comparison.
20171113_145214.jpg