The Daily Yardman Thread

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Many people from the North and central Atlantic regard St. Augustine as "weeds" as it is too coarse for their fescue and Bermuda tastes.
While in Astor I discovered centipede grass quite by accident, and I LOVE it!
It is pretty much the lawn grass of choice here in South Mississippi, and is about the only sod you can find.
Low growing,fine blade VERY low maintenance grass (not much water or fertilizer required.)
But, it loves lots of sunlight and turns golden brown in the winter.
Only real drawback is that it is slow to spread (except onto the driveway or out into the street....)
I cut runners that grow where not desired and transplant into needy areas.
I have transplanted a few St. Augustine sprigs in my shaded glade, and it has spread like wildfire!
Doesn't seem to grow too high,either, even though it over the drain field of my septic system.

Anyway, the rye grows green and tall in the winter. Very fine blade.
I usually perform the first cuts with a push mower till the stuff gets rooted in good.

Enjoy your "vacation!"

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Many people from the North and central Atlantic regard St. Augustine as "weeds" as it is too coarse for their fescue and Bermuda tastes.
While in Astor I discovered centipede grass quite by accident, and I LOVE it!
It is pretty much the lawn grass of choice here in South Mississippi, and is about the only sod you can find.
Low growing,fine blade VERY low maintenance grass (not much water or fertilizer required.)
But, it loves lots of sunlight and turns golden brown in the winter.
Only real drawback is that it is slow to spread (except onto the driveway or out into the street....)
I cut runners that grow where not desired and transplant into needy areas.
I have transplanted a few St. Augustine sprigs in my shaded glade, and it has spread like wildfire!
Doesn't seem to grow too high,either, even though it over the drain field of my septic system.

Anyway, the rye grows green and tall in the winter. Very fine blade.
I usually perform the first cuts with a push mower till the stuff gets rooted in good.

Enjoy your "vacation!"

So will Oats and about 100 varities of weat and wheat is good because there is both summer & winter wheat.
Remember all cereal grains are nothing more than grasses we have cultivated and cross bread .

OTOH why Lawn ?
Do you use it for a constructive purpose like playing cricket on or is it nothing more than a rod for your back ?

The workshop is in a paddock so is surrounded by grass ( when it rains ) at home we have small area of grass under the cloths line behind the house and another patch to the north west to prevent reflected glare.
Just enough grass to feed the compost bins.
The rest of the 1/3 acre is all garden, a lot easier to maintain and a lot better for us.
Plenty of safe space for all the small birds that gobble up bugs , ponds for frogs to gobble up mossie lava thus we have a yard we can live in bug free

NorthBama

Threads

Grass is NOT growing in our area of Central Fl. I haven't mowed in 3 weeks, But I still take the mowers out, and run em around for a short time, even operating the blades, ( no we don't get snow here ) soon I'll start doing that about every 2 weeks, just to keep everything operating, when we finally start getting some grass growing again, I do my "spring-time maint." , fresh oil, filters, lube all the grease-fittings, pull the wheels and grease the axles ( last year I had one wheel that took a bit more effort to remove ) probably got interrupted, and missed greasing it, ( schitt happens) and all the usual checks on the the electrical system, had to buy 1 battery last year, previous (Walmart - $30.00 ) lasted ALMOST 4 years, other mower battery is a tad bit over 3 years, not to shabby in my book, I'm PLANNING ( note the word..planning ) to pull my 46in. apart, and replace some idler pulleys or brearings, and go through it removing the floor/fender assy., and dash, etc. and a possible paint-job. glad I have 2 mower's to be able to have a back-up, my little black 42in. ( $100.00 - special ) is really running sweet, " Man - up-stairs" was watchin over me on that buy !!

... View attachment 34881...View attachment 34883

Fella was moving, and was un-loading it, Saw the ad at 5:00 A.M. and owned it by 7:30 A.M. !! And the beat goes on !!

View attachment 34882
nice looking mowers you have Boo

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

nice looking mowers you have Boo

They be old, but work like new, sold the red one to my wifes grandson a lil while back, the 2 left are a 17.5 HP 42in. and the 21 HP 46in. , and Thanks for the compliment, James ...

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Once again we may be thinking USA not the rest of the world. Soccer is called Football in most countries besides ours.

Football as played in 108 countries in the world would be considered to be played with a round ball
Rugby ( union ) is played in 72 countries also called foot ball
Rugby (league) the only just dominant code down here is played in 45 countries
NFL or as we call it gridiron is played in 17 countries.
So yes you are talking USA specific language and NFL is way way way down the football list.
And by played I mean that the country has a national team.

As for the kneeling bit I can understand those who served & got injured & died under a flag feeling very strongly about it.
But perhaps the decendents of peoples who were kidnapped and forcefully removed from their home for no reason other than the superiour fire power of the kidnappers might not feel quite the same.

We have the same problem every Anzac Day ( local veterans day ) yet those who complain the loudest are the ones who gained most by the sacrifice of the black people who fought & died for this country. When the blacks came home they were considerd not fit enough to have a beer with their commerades from the battle field, let alone get any sort of help to repatriate.
The white were given large interest free loans to buy land dispossed from the black people or a block of soldier settler land ( most were too small to support a family let alone run at a profit ), education grants and the like. THe black soldiers did not get their demob payment and were force to leave all the military issued cloths behind so they were denied even the right to return home in uniform.

When the USA had thousands of troops stationed in Aus during WWII they built social clubs for white soldiers only on the bases rather than have "pure white boys" mix with coloured people at the off base clubs, because we did not have colour segregation. I had an uncle who was a musican who used to play with the black musos at the clubs and one of his favourite stories was how the local women had to be paid to go to these white only clubs because they prefferred to be in the exciting local clubs dancing to this new ( to Aus ) jazz.
All this was in Queensland which is the most racist state in Australia.

As for raceism in sport, we had a strong racist undercurrent in our football ( League) about a decade ago.
To their credit the administration killed it dead by running an "exhibition" series after the season finished featuring the "indiginous all stars" a team made up of all black fellas who take on the State of Origin winner, minus their black stars.
The "whities" are yet to win a game and the fans suddenly realised just how much of "their" game & enjoyment is built on the back of black footballers.

Down south, the NFL ( Aussie rules ) refused to do similar and they continually have race problems, although to their credit over the League administration , the NFL has just done the first season of womens football ( WFL) , something the sexist League administrationup here still refuses to do.
The NFL scheduled the first womens game as a pre -game warm up match and 15,000 people left after the women finished.
Next weekend the women were on their own, to prove that it was waste of time, a record crowd, bigger than any of the "real" ( mens ) games for that weekend and thus it has gone that way all season.
Next year it will be on TV and apparently the TV rights for the women's season were higher than for the men's season , realizing that finals rights are sold seperate.

And yes while the black football stars are millionairs ( because we both pay sports people way too much ) they all have brothers, sisters, cousins, uncles & aunties who are not protected by their relations fame.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

GOOD Morning "guys" ...
Way to go, startin the day off with a hair over 131,000 !!

AA.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 131,038

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Football as played in 108 countries in the world would be considered to be played with a round ball
Rugby ( union ) is played in 72 countries also called foot ball
Rugby (league) the only just dominant code down here is played in 45 countries
NFL or as we call it gridiron is played in 17 countries.
So yes you are talking USA specific language and NFL is way way way down the football list.
And by played I mean that the country has a national team.

As for the kneeling bit I can understand those who served & got injured & died under a flag feeling very strongly about it.
But perhaps the decendents of peoples who were kidnapped and forcefully removed from their home for no reason other than the superiour fire power of the kidnappers might not feel quite the same.

We have the same problem every Anzac Day ( local veterans day ) yet those who complain the loudest are the ones who gained most by the sacrifice of the black people who fought & died for this country. When the blacks came home they were considerd not fit enough to have a beer with their commerades from the battle field, let alone get any sort of help to repatriate.
The white were given large interest free loans to buy land dispossed from the black people or a block of soldier settler land ( most were too small to support a family let alone run at a profit ), education grants and the like. THe black soldiers did not get their demob payment and were force to leave all the military issued cloths behind so they were denied even the right to return home in uniform.

When the USA had thousands of troops stationed in Aus during WWII they built social clubs for white soldiers only on the bases rather than have "pure white boys" mix with coloured people at the off base clubs, because we did not have colour segregation. I had an uncle who was a musican who used to play with the black musos at the clubs and one of his favourite stories was how the local women had to be paid to go to these white only clubs because they prefferred to be in the exciting local clubs dancing to this new ( to Aus ) jazz.
All this was in Queensland which is the most racist state in Australia.

As for raceism in sport, we had a strong racist undercurrent in our football ( League) about a decade ago.
To their credit the administration killed it dead by running an "exhibition" series after the season finished featuring the "indiginous all stars" a team made up of all black fellas who take on the State of Origin winner, minus their black stars.
The "whities" are yet to win a game and the fans suddenly realised just how much of "their" game & enjoyment is built on the back of black footballers.

Down south, the NFL ( Aussie rules ) refused to do similar and they continually have race problems, although to their credit over the League administration , the NFL has just done the first season of womens football ( WFL) , something the sexist League administrationup here still refuses to do.
The NFL scheduled the first womens game as a pre -game warm up match and 15,000 people left after the women finished.
Next weekend the women were on their own, to prove that it was waste of time, a record crowd, bigger than any of the "real" ( mens ) games for that weekend and thus it has gone that way all season.
Next year it will be on TV and apparently the TV rights for the women's season were higher than for the men's season , realizing that finals rights are sold seperate.

And yes while the black football stars are millionairs ( because we both pay sports people way too much ) they all have brothers, sisters, cousins, uncles & aunties who are not protected by their relations fame.

Very well said and spot on.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

GOOD Morning "guys" ...
Way to go, startin the day off with a hair over 131,000 !!

View attachment 34889

Are you stepping on my toes again?:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I have the smart arse problem this week.

Last edited:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

And ANOTHER thing you sewer-pipe rat,.. you need to enlist the help of the U.S. Coast Guard to teach your swabbies how to navigate their "Overgrown-Canoes", seems they can't stop playing "Destruction-Derby" out on those HUGE oceans !! Are they all blind or schitt-faced ?? Don't know how to use the sophisticated navigation equipment, ?? Musta used their Tech. Manuals and Directives ( Operating Instructions ) for arse-wipe !! IF you guys can't follow instructions, we're gonna have to take your toys away !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

Boo,

Well, now you know why I got out!! I could see the handwriting on the wall..

Rog