The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Grass is NOT growing in our area of Central Fl. I haven't mowed in 3 weeks, But I still take the mowers out, and run em around for a short time, even operating the blades, ( no we don't get snow here ) soon I'll start doing that about every 2 weeks, just to keep everything operating, when we finally start getting some grass growing again, I do my "spring-time maint." , fresh oil, filters, lube all the grease-fittings, pull the wheels and grease the axles ( last year I had one wheel that took a bit more effort to remove ) probably got interrupted, and missed greasing it, ( schitt happens) and all the usual checks on the the electrical system, had to buy 1 battery last year, previous (Walmart - $30.00 ) lasted ALMOST 4 years, other mower battery is a tad bit over 3 years, not to shabby in my book, I'm PLANNING ( note the word..planning ) to pull my 46in. apart, and replace some idler pulleys or brearings, and go through it removing the floor/fender assy., and dash, etc. and a possible paint-job. glad I have 2 mower's to be able to have a back-up, my little black 42in. ( $100.00 - special ) is really running sweet, " Man - up-stairs" was watchin over me on that buy !!

... View attachment 34881...DSCN2498.jpg

Fella was moving, and was un-loading it, Saw the ad at 5:00 A.M. and owned it by 7:30 A.M. !! And the beat goes on !!

MORNIN.jpg

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Loose nut between the keyboard and chair.:laughing:

Chuck,

I do believe you have hit the nail on the head! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Roger

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Chuck,

I do believe you have hit the nail on the head! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Roger

DON'T STOP NOW !! ..I just love all the attention, AND "terms of endearment" ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Grass is NOT growing in our area of Central Fl

Grass is NOT growing in our area of Central Fl. I haven't mowed in 3 weeks, !

GRASS!!?? - You're worried because the freakin' grass ain't growin'?? Ain't NOTHIN' growing up here Boo! I mean Nothin'!! The small ponds have iced over the leaves have most all dropped (except oaks and beech - oaks hang in there all brown for quite a while, beech turn light tan and hang on the limbs nearly all winter.)

Neighbor and I went out this morning to get the last of our traps in. It was just 30*F, but the forecast wind hasn't come up yet, so we went out early. We are going to haul his boat out tomorrow, pressure wash the hull and put it up for the winter.

I don't want to hear any more sniveling about how yer damn grass ain't growin' -- OK?? We can discuss it when I see you.. You never said, are you guys going to Aunt Fannies for Turkey Day or what??

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

DON'T STOP NOW !! ..I just love all the attention, AND "terms of endearment" ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Ahhhh . . . Boo-Boo, you know I luv ya buddy! Even if you were an AF dick....

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Grass is NOT growing in our area of Central Fl

GRASS!!?? - You're worried because the freakin' grass ain't growin'?? Ain't NOTHIN' growing up here Boo! I mean Nothin'!! The small ponds have iced over the leaves have most all dropped (except oaks and beech - oaks hang in there all brown for quite a while, beech turn light tan and hang on the limbs nearly all winter.)

Neighbor and I went out this morning to get the last of our traps in. It was just 30*F, but the forecast wind hasn't come up yet, so we went out early. We are going to haul his boat out tomorrow, pressure wash the hull and put it up for the winter.

I don't want to hear any more sniveling about how yer damn grass ain't growin' -- OK?? We can discuss it when I see you.. You never said, are you guys going to Aunt Fannies for Turkey Day or what??

Rog

Decisions, decisions, decisions ... !! ..fa1e3bf1c7f16c350cf27123ecaffec5.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Ahhhh . . . Boo-Boo, you know I luv ya buddy! Even if you were an AF dick....

Rog

You NAVY boys should be EXTREMELY thankful us AF dicks taught you guys how to fly, one day we just might take-back our "mobile air-bases" , YOUR NAVY weenies decided to call "Carriers " ..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Well, Bpoobmeister, they sell this stuff called Rye grass seed...........
I scattered it about in areas where I had put new topsoil down and didn't want it to wash away,
then broadcast the rest over some lesser covered areas of the back 40.......
The stuff comes up quickly and grows throughout the winter til about early June.
And,its green and pretty !!

It would probably grow well even way down there...................

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Well, Bpoobmeister, they sell this stuff called Rye grass seed...........
I scattered it about in areas where I had put new topsoil down and didn't want it to wash away,
then broadcast the rest over some lesser covered areas of the back 40.......
The stuff comes up quickly and grows throughout the winter til about early June.
And,its green and pretty !!

It would probably grow well even way down there...................

Thanks Mr. Championship Winner fan, we have tried that, but they only thing we call grass is weeds ! and even that has a hard time growing in this sand/clay schitt they call soil . we do have some St. Augustine growing along the fence of our neighbors place, but it's only a few feet near the fence, years ago, he and another neighbor "pooled" up $10,000 to have truckloads of topsoil brought in, and now after several years, it's beginning to have bad spots, I've tried many things and spent a ton of money TRYING to remedy the situation, to no avail, I'll live with my weeds, thank-you ! Now in SOUTH Fl. we had "LAWNS" the soil in most residental areas is a mix of "black-muck" and real fine "sugar-sand" , top notch stuff but too much muck in the mix and you can't mow after heavy rains, unless you want deep little tire ditches and have something to pull out a stuck mower but its like walkin on foam rubber, and greener than green, I miss those gorgeous lawns of St. Augustine grass.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

And ANOTHER thing you sewer-pipe rat,.. you need to enlist the help of the U.S. Coast Guard to teach your swabbies how to navigate their "Overgrown-Canoes", seems they can't stop playing "Destruction-Derby" out on those HUGE oceans !! Are they all blind or schitt-faced ?? Don't know how to use the sophisticated navigation equipment, ?? Musta used their Tech. Manuals and Directives ( Operating Instructions ) for arse-wipe !! IF you guys can't follow instructions, we're gonna have to take your toys away !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing: