The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

I wish Tylenol worked for my knee.....or Advil.or Aleve.........
Only thing that worked was the lidocane/cortisone shot into the knee which relieved pain for about 3 days...........
Likewise, PT improved things......to a point. Then, no further..........

MRI was today...Dr follow up tomorrow.
Hopefully that'll tell the story.

My knee did improve to the point at which I could press the go pedal on my MTD mower..I guess the doctor's prescription for the Hustler won't
qualify for Medicare drug coverage..........

Ron,

Let me know how it goes for you. I'm hoping that surgery isn't in the near future, at least not for me anyway.

Good luck!

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

I put everything together then coat whatever needs to be. If I am in a hurry or if it is hard to get to I blob on enough for the repair. Comes with a brush attached to lid. If I have time and access I coat then let dry then coat again till I get desired look I want.

Like I said to Bert-Man, it looks like great stuff. I'm going to get some and try it.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Out to the wood shop today.. Might even light off a 'smudge' in the wood stove. It is only 54 degrees F here this AM - (36 degrees up in Houlton!) - and the remnants of Jose are still blowing 15-20 knots. (Made hauling lobster traps interesting this morning!)

Anyway, I have to make one of my grand daughters a curio cabinet for her 'treasures'. Her birthday is coming right up. I'm using cypress that I bought as rough-sawn stock in NC about 18 years ago! It's a light wood that turns a rich yellow/brown with age. I'm going to use it for the back board as well. Narrow 1/4" thick planks ship-lapped together with a tiny vee groove at each joint for visual effect.

Off to work...

Rog

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Your are a treasure.
I got a gig hauling wooden crates full of picture frames from the bond store to a wholesalers warehouse.
Things were heavy as hell ( which is most likely how we got the gig ).
The cases were 18" x 24" X 60" or 24" x 36" x 60".
By the time we got the last ones delivered they had opened most and were busy despatching the frames.
The crates were all made from single planks and when the last was done we were asked to take the old wood to the tip.
No wonder they were heavy, the planks were all 1/2 to 3/4" thick, forest teak, rough sawn.
The brother in law, who taught wood shop, drove 950 km down to pick up a full ute load for the kids to work with .
I made a lot of side tables for us and some nice boxes for presents.
Better still I charged them $ 200 to take it away.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Ron,

Let me know how it goes for you. I'm hoping that surgery isn't in the near future, at least not for me anyway.

Good luck!

Rog

Well, I have a number of issues with the knee.....bursitis, torn meniscus,arthritis and a Baker's cyst.
Sounds pretty gross, but we're just gonna have 3 or so shots of Euflexxa, referred to as "rooster shots."
We'll see what those accomplish........
But, on the bright side...no more PT !! (except for what I wanna do on my own.)

If the shots don't work, scope surgery may be required, but I think I can live with things as they are if they don't get as bad as before.

I have been cleared to get back on my bike,anyway....

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Glad to hear you are sort of on the up.
If nothing else you can now go on a long ride and zone out.
I ripped my right foot off near 40 years ago.
Then one big thing I do to keep it manageable is elevation.
Thus the bed has 12" blocks under the foot to give the entire bed a down hill slope.
Drainage overnight makes a massive difference.And nothing you put IN the bed actually works.
If you are not used to it , start with 2" blocks and work up.

According to SWMBO it also reduces the snoring ( that I don't do ).
Down side is you tend to wake with stuffy head, but OTOH I can walk to the toilet unaided.
Prior to the elevation it took an hour or so on the walking stick before I could put full weight on the funny foot.

Your body only heals while you are asleep and any self repair is inversely proportional to any swelling so draining and sleep can go a long way to allow your knee to self heal.
Now those problems won't go away but you might find they become much more tollerable.

When the foot is really playing up I slip a compression stocking on while still in bed before the foot gets pointed to the ground.

And yes there are still days when I look at the axe with longing

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

I will start with 10 mile rides. For the time being, those will be long ones....

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

good morning folks.....gonna be another 90 degree day here in Hainsville, so hopefully I get alot of work done around the property.

worked around the garage yesterday and just kinda wandered from project to project, but I did manage to get some of our patio chairs repainted.

IMG_5566.jpg

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

the day before I swapped out the radiator on my groundsmaster
IMG_5562.jpg

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Your are a treasure.

I got a gig hauling wooden crates made from single planks all 1/2 to 3/4" thick, forest teak, rough sawn.
I made a lot of side tables for us and some nice boxes for presents.
Better still I charged them $ 200 to take it away.

You end up with over a truck load of rough sawn teak - AND $200!! - And "I'm" a treasure?!?!?! HA!!! You're the 'treasure' my friend!!

In 1969 while on what is called a "WESPAC" run, the submarine I was serving on received a delivery of fresh vegetables that arrived in wooden crates that were made of a wood that looked all the world like mahogany. (I think it may have been what they call "Monkey Pod") Anyway, I took all the crates apart and stored (hid - would be a better description) the resulting wood in two "U"-Channels that supported a 400 Cycle Generator Set that was mounted in the overhead down in E&E space..

We were sent on a "sneaky-boo" after that, which consisted of two months of being submerged continuously (which in a diesel boat is not a pleasant way to spend time) but, which gave us plenty of time to carve things from our faux mahogany, while avoiding those folks who didn't want us in their waters in the first place. I made a fancy wooden fork and spoon set, as well as a rendition of an obscene carving that was popular at the tourist traps of the time. (I tried to find something similar on-line, but couldn't.. Odd, I thought 'everything' was on-line..) You'll have to use your own imagination..

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Well, I have a number of issues with the knee.....bursitis, torn meniscus,arthritis and a Baker's cyst.
Sounds pretty gross, but we're just gonna have 3 or so shots of Euflexxa, referred to as "rooster shots."
We'll see what those accomplish........
But, on the bright side...no more PT !! (except for what I wanna do on my own.)

If the shots don't work, scope surgery may be required, but I think I can live with things as they are if they don't get as bad as before.

I have been cleared to get back on my bike,anyway....

Ron,

I hope those shots work.. I am interested to know if the moniker "Rooster Shots" is because the medicine is made from rooster's balls or if it makes the recipient act like a rooster! (Maybe even both!!)

Good luck and keep us posted. If the VA doesn't have an idea of what to offer me, I will be able to make my own suggestions!!

Roger