Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Views: 133,375

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Funny thing happened on my way to the Forum, I tripped over these HUGE toes of SOMEONE !! ( LOL )

Been rainin for 2 days now, glad the missus and I stayed in yesterday to enjoy a nice QUIET Thanksgiving !!

FF.jpg ..... GOOD Mornin!!

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Gees Roger I would have thought the US navy would have been big users of speedi sleeves.

Bert-Man,

I've been in touch with several Enginemen off the boats and only one even knew what "Speedi-Sleeves" were! He ran into them in an auto repair business he became involved in after he got out of the Navy. I guess they were commonly used on wheel spindles that had become worn.

Two of the guys wanted me to thank you for bringing 'Speedi-Sleeves' to their attention. . . . Both had looked them up on line and were glad to learn about something that was new to them. . . . So consider yourself 'thanked'.... I explained that you are an absolute wealth of arcane knowledge, especially in the field of lubricants.. :laughing:

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Happy Thanksgiving everyone
Glad the turkey got pardoned HaHa

Nice Ride Boo windows 10

Oh Yes Roger get on down where its warmer

NOBAMA,

Thanks buddy,

Believe me I'm working towards that goal!

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Happy Thanksgiving, Y'all !!

We got us a houseful!!
Eatin' and shootin' and carryin' on................

Ron,

When I was a kid my mother's family (she had 5 sisters) all came to our house for Thanksgiving. We had a huge table that was extended in length with a series of 'leaves' which seated almost all of us. It had to be moved into the living room in order to do it though.

When the meal was over most of the men and a few of the women would all walk down the hill to the pier with boxes of small, empty aspirin bottles and old M-2 flashbulbs and other things that would float, that had been saved over the year, to throw into the water and shoot at. We carried a veritable arsenal of firearms down with us, but we kids usually shot .22's.

One year when I was in high school, a policeman came down and told us we shouldn't be shooting down there. One of the uncles was a special police for the fire department (acted as a traffic cop during fires) and he showed the young officer his badge and told him he had been shooting down there for 70 years and wasn't planning on stopping. I remember being flabbergasted at the 70 year reply and later on asked my aunt how old my uncle actually was.. "Seventy-one", was her reply!! I had to laugh over that. I knew he hadn't been shooting from that pier because the old pier was taken out in the 1936 New England Hurricane and wasn't rebuilt until the late 50's. In any event the policeman left us alone and we continued to shoot after Thanksgiving dinner for the next couple of years at least. I made for a grand family outing!!

Tell us about your Thanksgiving shooting tradition..

Roger

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Ron,

Tell us about your Thanksgiving shooting tradition..

Roger

Thanks for sharing!
Ours is not nearly so rich in history.
Since we moved to the country 3 years ago, our family has celebrated Thanksgiving here.
As we are bordered by woods on 3 sides, and the previous owner used to shoot skeet here,
we decided that some plinking would be OK.
So, my son in law from Texas brought a few military weapons, such as his K98 Mauser, MP31 Machine pistol,
M1 Garand, 1903-A3 Springfield an, oh yes, his MG42 Machine gun AKA "Hitler's Buzz Saw."
I added my K43, SKS, AK47,Mosin Nagant, M1 Garand,and a couple of others.
We shot til my shoulder got sore!

This year we added a couple new pieces.
I had acquired a Swiss K-31 and it is a great shooter! I am also hauling out my .308 Enfield SMLE and maybe my Mini 14
to go with my son in law's AR15 and G3.
We only have targets to shoot at, but it is great fun making noise!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Well gang, I picked up the new puter and router about an hour ago, got a quick look at the B/S "arse-wipe" they call user guides, and bought 5 bottles of EXTRA-STRENGTH Excedrin ( LOL ) . Lets see here, new puter, new router, Going to use NEW browser ( FireFox Quantum ), and a MAJOR headache, going to change my E-mail service to Mozilla (FireFox) Thunderbird, AND WORST of all, dealing with a new O/S ( Win-10 ) By this time next week, I may have started to drinking ! Being the pessimist, I always expect the problems to visit, have to get all the info. off this Ol dinosaur, .. DAMN ... I'm gonna miss this baby !! And hopefully, I will experience few, if any "Take a Hammer to It" thoughts" .. :laughing:...:laughing: I may be "gone" for a few days, or months ?? Ya'll act intelligent during my absence !! Will most likely start the journey Sunday, ( these things take time ) ( LOL )

c4de30e5f5cc60bf5bb6b496d4ebb8af.jpg

primerbulb120

Threads

Well gang, I picked up the new puter and router about an hour ago, got a quick look at the B/S "arse-wipe" they call user guides, and bought 5 bottles of EXTRA-STRENGTH Excedrin ( LOL ) . Lets see here, new puter, new router, Going to use NEW browser ( FireFox Quantum ), and a MAJOR headache, going to change my E-mail service to Mozilla (FireFox) Thunderbird, AND WORST of all, dealing with a new O/S ( Win-10 ) By this time next week, I may have started to drinking ! Being the pessimist, I always expect the problems to visit, have to get all the info. off this Ol dinosaur, .. DAMN ... I'm gonna miss this baby !! And hopefully, I will experience few, if any "Take a Hammer to It" thoughts" .. :laughing:...:laughing: I may be "gone" for a few days, or months ?? Ya'll act intelligent during my absence !! Will most likely start the journey Sunday, ( these things take time ) ( LOL )

View attachment 34941

Why didn't you choose Gmail for your email service?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I have 2 old G-mail accts, don't care for all the ads and popups, I've read a lot of good things about Thunderbird mail and it ties in with FireFox which is the browser I use, my current Email ( Windows Mail ) is a private client mail system, only available on my Vista puter, and its tied to my ISP, (Spectrum) which will be the headache unless maybe I can delete that mail account but then I have to re-enter all my contacts and business ( bank, utilities, pay-pal, etc. ) and notify each one of my new address, in other words, all my email directed to my ISPs servers will now go to Thunderbird, and changing from POP mail to IMAP might create the problems along with my FireFox Profile folder changeover. COMPLICATED,... lots of reading involved, I'll get it setup, it just will take frustration and time, AHHhh the joys of a new puter and O/S , ..:smiley_aafz:..:smiley_aafz:..:mur:..:mur:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

I have 2 old G-mail accts, don't care for all the ads and popups, I've read a lot of good things about Thunderbird mail and it ties in with FireFox which is the browser I use, my current Email ( Windows Mail ) is a private client mail system, only available on my Vista puter, and its tied to my ISP, (Spectrum) which will be the headache unless maybe I can delete that mail account but then I have to re-enter all my contacts and business ( bank, utilities, pay-pal, etc. ) and notify each one of my new address, in other words, all my email directed to my ISPs servers will now go to Thunderbird, and changing from POP mail to IMAP might create the problems along with my FireFox Profile folder changeover. COMPLICATED,... lots of reading involved, I'll get it setup, it just will take frustration and time, AHHhh the joys of a new puter and O/S , ..:smiley_aafz:..:smiley_aafz:..:mur:..:mur:

An email address is just a URL so provided you do not change your ISP you just load the account details into whatever mail application that is on your computer . Most should be able to to handle POP & IMAp provided you tell the app which protocol you are using.
If you are using a web mail address ( .Gmail, .yahoo .aol etc ) then that is different , all you have to do is log in from your new browser, provided that you actually remember your log in details

A mail client ( as they like to call them ) is nothing much more than a web browser and they work exactly the same way except they "download" the page rather than just viewing the page.
And of course the "page" is the email which like a lot of high security sites vanishes off the web once you have deleted it from the ISP's server.