The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Number of Views Contest

So, Boo-Boo,

What do you think would be an appropriate prize for the member who comes closest to the actual number of views the thread gets on it's one-year anniversary, at the end of October? We will have to set a cut-off date for their guesstimates, or else they will try to manipulate the postings at the last minute. What do you think? All guesses must be submitted by the end of September?

Free tickets to the Submarine Races was my suggestion for a prize.. As you know they are held anywhere there is deep enough water, but unless you can talk someone of interest to you into coming along, they can be somewhat boring.

In case Boo can't come up with something interesting, we are open to suggestions from anyone else. (He'll probably want to give away a loaded pizza from CiCi's, knowing him! - You know, Papa John's is too fancy for his taste..)

Roger

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

My wife says that I am like a squirrel because I can change topics at will and become instantly distracted with other things. Some days the rain just wont stop, is that a nickle by the sink?:confused2:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Number of Views Contest

So, Boo-Boo,

What do you think would be an appropriate prize for the member who comes closest to the actual number of views the thread gets on it's one-year anniversary, at the end of October? We will have to set a cut-off date for their guesstimates, or else they will try to manipulate the postings at the last minute. What do you think? All guesses must be submitted by the end of September?

Free tickets to the Submarine Races was my suggestion for a prize.. As you know they are held anywhere there is deep enough water, but unless you can talk someone of interest to you into coming along, they can be somewhat boring.

In case Boo can't come up with something interesting, we are open to suggestions from anyone else. (He'll probably want to give away a loaded pizza from CiCi's, knowing him! - You know, Papa John's is too fancy for his taste..)

Roger

Well there Roger Goomba,
I was thinkin bout that, it would only be eligible to "our threads "regular" posters . Lot's of things popping into my head, like we could confiscate some of Toms, beautiful acreage and make it a campground for us guys, or perhaps we could fanagle one of Chuck's or Clydes mowers into the pot. Hey Doc has All the BIG Heavy Duty machinery, ...way too much stuff for 1 man to maintain, we could easily get some of his stuff N lighten his load, We could snag Bert's VERY, VERY extensive library, and as for Mr. James Lewcious.....!! we could just extort some of his cash from his stash. AND ..Goomba, I know you're willing to donate the fancy tiller you planned on sellin !! Unfortunately I don't have a pot to pee in or a window to throw it out of ! so I could send a congratulatory card from a dollar store ! Did I miss anybody in the "gang" ...?? Well that's my take on it for right now.. I am subject to further deliberations..

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

November would be my anniversary on here as well

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

and I already found a member outside of this short bus that I don't care much for........that didn't take long...LOL

Last edited:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Number of Views Contest

Well there Roger Goomba,
I was thinkin bout that, it would only be eligible to "our threads "regular" posters . Lot's of things popping into my head, like we could confiscate some of Toms, beautiful acreage and make it a campground for us guys, or perhaps we could fanagle one of Chuck's or Clydes mowers into the pot. Hey Doc has All the BIG Heavy Duty machinery, ...way too much stuff for 1 man to maintain, we could easily get some of his stuff N lighten his load, We could snag Bert's VERY, VERY extensive library, and as for Mr. James Lewcious.....!! we could just extort some of his cash from his stash. AND ..Goomba, I know you're willing to donate the fancy tiller you planned on sellin !! Unfortunately I don't have a pot to pee in or a window to throw it out of ! so I could send a congratulatory card from a dollar store ! Did I miss anybody in the "gang" ...?? Well that's my take on it for right now.. I am subject to further deliberations..

Boo,

You got 'em all except for Ken (Pappy71) who unfortunately only stopped by for a short visit..

I like your 'congratulatory card' idea, but instead of spending a dollar, how about we make it a homemade 'e-card' and send it out for free? We could include pictures of the things we would have 'liked' to give away, but couldn't afford.. I mean, after all, we are on fixed incomes, right? Hell, if I didn't get my $133/mo disability from the VA for being deaf as a doorpost from listening to too many whale farts underwater, I'd stave to death!

Rog

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

keeping with my tradition of posting everything I do..........:laughing:

working in the garage on my cub cadet 100, getting tired of the clutch rattling so I am pulling the whole assembly out and redoing it

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

OK "GANG "
I jus took a serious pill so listen up !!

The way I see it were looking at this thread possibly reaching a year with gettin away with all kinds of hell and antics. ( very kind of the mods. and admin for not banning us ) So I'm thinkin, we've been having fun here and we've become buddies with each other. ( sorta like the gang on the "CHEERS" TV show. ) I seriously think a "GOOD" prize would be a cash-pot !! Theres 8 of us that are "regulars" on the thread. So, that's it !! NO MORE NEWBIES IN ON THE PRIZE ! I'm thinking each of us kick in $10.00 to the pot. !! That's $70.00 , not to shabby for guessing a number. that means the winner will have to send his REAL home address so each of us in the UNlucky 7 can mail it to him ( address can be sent in a PM ) ya can't really spend $10.00 for a year of entertainment AND friendship, NOW $70.00 ... just before Thanksgiving !! Nice.. Now we get to see who among us feels this "trip" we're on is worth the $10.00, so one of us could put the money toward whatever they want, maybe take the wifey out to a FINE dinner, donate to a charity ,buy mower parts, use it for Christmas gifts, buy more ammo, go to the bar and buy drinks, WHATEVER your heart desires ! I'm NOT rich, nor do I throw away money,( I'm on a fixed income too,) but c'mon theres plenty of times you've peed $10.00 away and never gave it a second thought. I think ALL you guys are worth your weight in gold as a friend and I would be more than happy to see one of us be a little happier ! NO SCHITT ! ..Boobala ..:thumbsup::cool:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

OK "GANG "
I jus took a serious pill so listen up !!

The way I see it were looking at this thread possibly reaching a year with gettin away with all kinds of hell and antics. ( very kind of the mods. and admin for not banning us ) So I'm thinkin, we've been having fun here and we've become buddies with each other. ( sorta like the gang on the "CHEERS" TV show. ) I seriously think a "GOOD" prize would be a cash-pot !! Theres 8 of us that are "regulars" on the thread. So, that's it !! NO MORE NEWBIES IN ON THE PRIZE ! I'm thinking each of us kick in $10.00 to the pot. !! That's $70.00 , not to shabby for guessing a number. that means the winner will have to send his REAL home address so each of us in the UNlucky 7 can mail it to him ( address can be sent in a PM ) ya can't really spend $10.00 for a year of entertainment AND friendship, NOW $70.00 ... just before Thanksgiving !! Nice.. Now we get to see who among us feels this "trip" we're on is worth the $10.00, so one of us could put the money toward whatever they want, maybe take the wifey out to a FINE dinner, donate to a charity ,buy mower parts, use it for Christmas gifts, buy more ammo, go to the bar and buy drinks, WHATEVER your heart desires ! I'm NOT rich, nor do I throw away money,( I'm on a fixed income too,) but c'mon theres plenty of times you've peed $10.00 away and never gave it a second thought. I think ALL you guys are worth your weight in gold as a friend and I would be more than happy to see one of us be a little happier ! NO SCHITT ! ..Boobala ..:thumbsup::cool:

Boo, you sneaky bugger! I know you! You've somehow figured out how to determine just how many views we'll have, just so you can win the $70 and take wifey out to Aunt Fannies and buy her, her favorite meal.. (Trying to smooze mother up ain't cha?) You figure she's been off with the kids and probably having a grand time for herself and if you don't come up with something special, she might not come back and feed you anymore!!

Clyde is tighter than I am. Tom's done spent all his money traveling, Chuck's too stubborn, James Lewcious is gonna laugh at ya and Trev would need to go through a money exchange.. Try Doc and see if you can talk him into it!

Now if you need a loan to save your marriage, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do for you.. (I could airmail live lobsters.. She like lobsters??)

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

and I already found a member outside of this short bus that I don't care much for........that didn't take long...LOL

Doc,

Could you expound on this just a little? Ya got me worried.. I'm hopin' that my off-center, sense of humor hasn't ruffled your feathers..

Rog