The Daily Yardman Thread

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Boo...

Geez, that was subtle!! Like smacking a fly with a sledgehammer!

Hey everybody! Only Six More Shopping Days until Boo-Boo's Birthday!

Now I suppose you want all of us to get together and sing you "Happy Birthday"..... We'll see...

However, I will now point out that our birthdays are less than one month apart (in fact mine is exactly one month from today) so you'd better start planning our combined birthday celebration! What do you say, do we go to "Aunt Fannies" or will you come over to the Freezer for shrimp?? . . . LOL :cool::cool::cool:
you have same birthday as Elvis Presley

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

SNOW in South Mississippi !!Wigginssnow7.jpgWigginssnow1.jpg

primerbulb120

Threads

No clutch on that model.
What you are looking at is a safety sear or vibration damper.
It is direct drive
When you pull the starter rope the head spins.

Not a vibration damper, it's a centrifugal clutch. The trimmer head does not spin while the engine is being started or while it's idling. This model is a 41BD110G965 if you want to look it up. It appears most of them were made with standard clutches, but a few were made with rubber clutches. (?!) Apparently the rubber clutch is rare, but I found one for sale on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/MTD-Trimme...770762&hash=item1ec9427ab7:g:yaUAAOSw8GtZP-xu

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

However, I will now point out that our birthdays are less than one month apart (in fact mine is exactly one month from today) so you'd better start planning our combined birthday celebration!

So I figure Jan. 8th is YOUR birthday, Well, that tells me your parents did some serious pre-planning, just so they could revive the New Years party !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

My parents were SMART, I get presents at my Birthday AND Christmas !! ..:thumbsup:..:cool2:..:cool2:

And mine is a week or so away a well this is getting creepy.
Mum did not take the heat well so she was not doing to be preggers in high summer.
She was crippled so 1 a month was all she could cope with so there are 4 of us , Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Not a vibration damper, it's a centrifugal clutch. The trimmer head does not spin while the engine is being started or while it's idling. This model is a 41BD110G965 if you want to look it up. It appears most of them were made with standard clutches, but a few were made with rubber clutches. (?!) Apparently the rubber clutch is rare, but I found one for sale on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/MTD-Trimme...770762&hash=item1ec9427ab7:g:yaUAAOSw8GtZP-xu

Fair enough, I must have looked up the wrong machines.
When I searched your model number all that came up was a pile of cheapies with pull cords between the engine & drive and none had clutches.
Some Ryobi branded trimmers we get down here above 50cc have a flexiable link between the shaft & engine .

primerbulb120

Threads

Over here we don't have any Ryobi trimmers over 35cc, and I don't think we have any trimmers over 50cc for that matter.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Snowed for over 4 hrs; sometimes light and fluffy,sometimes crystalline. But always wet and heavy.
Even stuck to my satellite TV dish, blocking signal til I figgered out what was going on!
Wigginssnow9.jpgWigginssnow10.jpgWigginssnow11.jpgWigginssnow12.jpgWigginssnow13.JPG

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

AHHHh YEP !! soon, very soon, it will be Mississloppy ! all the muddy snow all over your nice clean ?? car !! ..:smiley_aafz:

Only if we drive...............NOT !!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 145,084