The Daily Yardman Thread

NorthBama

Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

The view counter is "stuck in HIGH gear" .. lookin at 127,000 by lunch tomorrow..:laughing:..:laughing:

Are we on track for record views?
I think the state of Alabama is on track for record views if you get my drift.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

DAMN, we have 127,000+ tonight !! I just know we'll see 150,000 before years end !!

83f75db6f81132d662088ce07a3f227c.jpg.png

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Are we on track for record views?
I think the state of Alabama is on track for record views if you get my drift.

Of course, they have, MOORE !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

YEP !! I did the same, tried that "Slime" schitt , waste of money, and a mess, I bought one of those tire changing tools at Harbor Fright , thing works GREAT ! BUT needs to be mounted on something SOLID !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKIgIXuziXg

View attachment 34812...View attachment 34813...View attachment 34814

Yeah..that slime sure makes it messy to break down the tire.
As for tools, I use 3 old school tire irons.
Removal is easy.
When re-installing, start one side of the valve and clamp a pair of vise grips onto the rim
to keep the starting point. Then work around towards the valve (being held in pace bu a valve tool
screwed onto the valve.
The bead pops back on before you reach the valve.
Inflate the tube and...viola!

(I hope nobody found this to be insulting...)

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

For sure tubes are the ONLY way to go, I got so tired of havin to air up low tires, but the increase in prices, were an eye-opener I paid around $22.00 each, for rear tire-tubes on both machines ( 20X10X8 ) and ( 20X8X8 ) same problem, dry-rot cracks leaking and even if and when I buy new tires, I'll install the tubes in them.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I have changed 40 to 50 tires on mine.

Chuck, you got a Z machine, right ..?? bein NOSEY, ( again) what are YOU payin for tires, size & ply , cant believe you change that many tires , and I know you don't run a Hemi and dump the clutch at 6 grand, ( LOL )

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Yeah..that slime sure makes it messy to break down the tire.
As for tools, I use 3 old school tire irons.
Removal is easy.
When re-installing, start one side of the valve and clamp a pair of vise grips onto the rim
to keep the starting point. Then work around towards the valve (being held in pace bu a valve tool
screwed onto the valve.
The bead pops back on before you reach the valve.
Inflate the tube and...viola!

(I hope nobody found this to be insulting...)

AHHhhh yes, old school, isn't that when we said the Pledge of Allegiance while saluting or putting your hand over your heart the AMERICAN flag that stood in the corner on a post (or hung from the wall) and you could read from your Bible at lunch AND study-hall, most girls wore the crucifix around their neck..?? HMmmm whatever did happen to those ..???

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

YEP !! I did the same, tried that "Slime" schitt , waste of money, and a mess, I bought one of those tire changing tools at Harbor Fright , thing works GREAT ! BUT needs to be mounted on something SOLID !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKIgIXuziXg

View attachment 34812...View attachment 34813...View attachment 34814

Right,
Just the man I was looking for.
Is there anything on , in or with it that would indicate where they are made in China ?
They are not imported into OZ and HF do not sell into OZ and if they did it would cost over $ 100 in freight.
So bugsey here has been looking for the factory that makes the, to see if I can import a crate of them.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Chuck, you got a Z machine, right ..?? bein NOSEY, ( again) what are YOU payin for tires, size & ply , cant believe you change that many tires, and I know you don't run a Hemi and dump the clutch at 6 grand, ( LOL )

I have put 3 sets of back tires on my ZTR. They are 24" tall compared to the 18" stock tires. I now can mow at 10 MPH and love it. Took 45 min off my largest lot I mow. 2.5 acres. My Craftsman (snow pusher) I put a full set of tires on as I paid $50.00 for it and it needed tires and a belt replaced. Sold it for $500 this summer. I was rebuilding an old Murray GT and had to put a full set of tires on it. I paid $25.00 for it and sold it this summer for $100.00. Then the rest of the tires are from the rest of the crap I got and fixed up and sold. I was purchasing tires from eBay / Amazon for $2.00 to $5.00 for front tires and $10.00 to $15.00 for rear tires.
The picture is me in the back and my 2-year-old son that is slowly trying to kill me on the ZTR. Look at the aggressive tread on that bad boy. No, I do not tear up the grass.
Husqvarna.jpg