The Daily Yardman Thread

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

THANKS to ALL our well wishers, Never went to a shelter in 58 years but I was single with NO responsibilities, THIS-TIME it's another story, shelter seems the best bet, or go to wifes sisters place in Leesburg ... Animals, Theirs & Ours is biggest problem, trying to go over everything, but its chaos, and the lines are forming EVERYWHERE , we got gas, filled both vehicles, and 10 gal. for the Generator IF we get bak to here, last year we lost power for 6 days, they have a hard time gettin to remote places, big towns and municipal services come first, (as they should) Oh well, Don't know how long we'll lose cellphone service either , last year I think it was out for 3 or 4 days, Back later, wifey is callin me for something......

Hang in there,Boobman...We'll all be pullin' for you and yours.......
Another reason I'm happy to be out of Fla, but that may not always be true............

Pumper54

Threads

Thoughts and prayers for everyone in tbe path of the storm. If I lived in soouth Florida I would be seriously thinking of heading north west some place. After seeing the damage done by Andrew and lately Harvey I would haul butt and hope for the best. Remem er first rezpo ders can not go out in the storm once the wind speed reaches 50 mph as it is too dangerous.

Good luck and lets all hope it turns north and just rains on tbe fish.

Tom

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Hang in there,Boobman...We'll all be pullin' for you and yours.......
Another reason I'm happy to be out of Fla, but that may not always be true............

THANKS RON, we hopin it heads off-shore......

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Thoughts and prayers for everyone in tbe path of the storm. If I lived in soouth Florida I would be seriously thinking of heading north west some place. After seeing the damage done by Andrew and lately Harvey I would haul butt and hope for the best. Remem er first rezpo ders can not go out in the storm once the wind speed reaches 50 mph as it is too dangerous.

Good luck and lets all hope it turns north and just rains on tbe fish.

Tom

Yeah, Thanks Pumper, watchin the weather channel 24/7 ... I think my booty-hole can pinch a 16 penny nail in half right now,..( LOL ) ..:laughing: ..:laughing:
Hopin I can still laugh in 48 hours !! ..The news is hypeing all their B/S as usual, scarin hell out of everybody, HMMmmm NORTH DAKOTA looks pretty good about this time, do they have sunshine there ??? ( LOL )

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: G@&%@M Chinese Junk!!!!

I'm finally getting ready to install the replacement engine on the second Troy-Bilt Rototiller and I forgot that the 212cc, 6.5 HP Predator (Chinese built, Honda clone from Harbor Freight) is a direct replacement except for one little thing. The bolt that holds the drive pulley assembly and reversing wheel onto the drive shaft. The original engines (Kohler or Tecumseh) have a 3/8 - 24 X 1-1/2" bolt, but the Predator's use a 5/16 -24 bolt. I was lucky on the first Troy-Bilt, as I was able to find the right bolt in my spare stock. Not so lucky today, the only 5/16-24 bolt I have is only 3/4" long, which is 1/2" too short.. One more thing to add to my never ending shopping list. (At least it's cheaper than the 3 HP, 240 VAC air compressor that Doc says I'm going to need to run my new sand blaster!

Oh well, off to the hardware store...

Rog

HEY Goomba, looks like it's time to part with some cash and put an addition on the workshop for a BIGGER compressor , sorry for your dilemma. ..:frown:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Be Safe Boo hope that big storm doesn't come your way. Wife has relatives living on one of the Turks island praying they will be ok. Irma will hit them tomorrow.

James Lewcious, you keep that wheelbarrow in good workin order, I may need it to cart off the debris left behind ...( LOL ) Looks like it may "brush" the islands but ya just never know, these things are too un-predictable !! Tornado's like in Andrew is the scariest part . ..:thumbdown:..:thumbdown:

primerbulb120

Threads

Boo, how many generators have you fixed so far? I did one yesterday, two this afternoon and I have two more lined up for tomorrow.

Clyde

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Boo, how many generators have you fixed so far? I did one yesterday, two this afternoon and I have two more lined up for tomorrow.

Clyde

Only have 2 to to worry about, ours and the daughter in laws, Both in top notch running order, when you live in Florida, you learn to take better care care of your generators than your mowers ! Worst part of aftermath is the loss of electric, especially when the cell towers lose power... no communications, radios are your life-lines.. as long as we have the frig and the micro-wave, BBQ grill, and fans, we can tough it out, IT would be nice to have a whole-house unit but I spent all that money on paying my friggen cable bill ...( LOL ) sleeping in sweat listening to the bzzzz of the blood-sucking skeeters !!!

primerbulb120

Threads

Only have 2 to to worry about, ours and the daughter in laws, Both in top notch running order, when you live in Florida, you learn to take better care care of your generators than your mowers ! Worst part of aftermath is the loss of electric, especially when the cell towers lose power... no communications, radios are your life-lines.. as long as we have the frig and the micro-wave, BBQ grill, and fans, we can tough it out, IT would be nice to have a whole-house unit but I spent all that money on paying my friggen cable bill ...( LOL ) sleeping in sweat listening to the bzzzz of the blood-sucking skeeters !!!

You don't have all your neighbors' generators to worry about as well? :laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

You don't have all your neighbors' generators to worry about as well? :laughing:

Most everybody in our neck of the forest takes care of their own stuff, or takes it to the repair shops, I have a few neighbors that on occassion I help with a mower problem but that's rare, most folks livin in the boondocks learn to take care of themselves but do help each other when needed .