The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

And meanwhile.... back in the workshop... we decided to show Roger how the linkages on his carburetor should look.. the pics are in 2 posts ...

Attachments

• DSCN1957.jpg
    DSCN1957.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCN1958.jpg
    DSCN1958.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCN1959.jpg
    DSCN1959.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 4
  • _choke_link.jpg
    _choke_link.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_3698.jpg
    100_3698.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 5

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

And meanwhile.... back in the workshop... we decided to show Roger how the linkages on his carburetor should look.. the pics are in 2 posts ...

PAGE 2 of pics (see previous post)

DSCN1961.jpg..DSCN1962.jpg..DSCN1960.jpg..DSCN1963.jpg

That skinny long spring is kind of delicate ... handle it gently .. :thumbsup:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Hey Rog ....
By the looks of things today... if you go back to Maine before AUGUST ... you will be puttin a snow-blade on that mower .... ( LOL ) N just wait till you hear that Johnny Cash tune ......
" How High's The Water Momma ?? " You gonna be REALLY glad you have that boat with ya !! Better find a raft for your car !! ...:eek:..:frown:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Hey Rog ....
By the looks of things today... if you go back to Maine before AUGUST ... you will be puttin a snow-blade on that mower .... ( LOL ) N just wait till you hear that Johnny Cash tune ......
" How High's The Water Momma ?? " You gonna be REALLY glad you have that boat with ya !! Better find a raft for your car !! ...:eek:..:frown:

Boo,

Not to worry! Maine owns more snow plows per capita than any other state in the union! I have seen it snow 36" in one storm before and when the last flake fell, the roads were already clean as a whistle... Those boys can plow snow, now let me tell ya!

We were coming home from Florida one winter back in the late 60's and ran into a blizzard that started in the Northern part of Virginia. L-O-N-G story short, we got trapped in Mass at my grandmothers for two days until they finally cleared her road.. (With a front end loader, no less!! Talk about not having the right equipment!!) When we finally got out of there, the Governor of MA was still pleading with people not to come out of their homes... I made it back to Maine where the snow was at least a foot and a half deeper than it had been in Mass and even the back roads (we have LOTS of back roads) were perfectly cleared and people were going about their business like they always do. The snow was so deep that I remember seeing a rabbit hound standing on top of a drift in among the limbs of a mature maple tree!

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

That skinny long spring is kind of delicate ... handle it gently .. :thumbsup:

Boo-Boo,

I hate to tell you this, but I don't think my carb looked like that! I know it didn't have that long skinny spring. I couldn't see, but does the carb you are showing have the "Anti-Back-Fire Solenoid" on the bottom of the bowl? Mine does.. I had to remove and clean it before it would work properly.

Rog

primerbulb120

Threads

Roger,

That long, skinny spring is there to prevent the engine from surging. If it's gone, purchasing and installing a new one may solve your problem.

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Roger,

That long, skinny spring is there to prevent the engine from surging. If it's gone, purchasing and installing a new one may solve your problem.

Primer,

Well, now you've got me wondering.. I can't look at the thing as it's 1,600 miles away and evidently under several feet of snow at the moment, but I knew the machines original owner and I doubt he would have messed with it, never mind remove that spring.. Are all those carbs on B&S single cylinders basically the same? I will get into this problem in the Spring and then we can figure out what ails it.

Roger

primerbulb120

Threads

I don't know if the carbs are similar, but I do know they have an anti-surge spring.

I work on push mowers primarily, so I'm not very experienced with the bigger Briggs engines..

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

I work on push mowers primarily, so I'm not very experienced with the bigger Briggs engines..

Primer... We all know that BIGGER is BETTER!!

I recently got to look over a "MUD BUDDY" that was rigged on the back of a Jon Boat over on Lake Panasoffkee. As the water over that way is a little low this year, an outboard that will literally run in 'mud' is a great thing to have! I'm thinking I'd like to try to build one!

Check them out here: http://www.mudbuddy.com/

Roger