The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

97,000 views for Oct 31

Yeah Chuck, hoping we see 100 GRAND like Goomba thinks but we have a way's to go yet ... MAYBE ..??? ..:thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

98125 views by Halloween

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

just need to get to 300 views a day.........send up the flares

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
OK - here's the math

How to estimate the number of views we might expect by midnight October 31, 2017.

There are 36 days remaining until that date, meaning that we have 329 days of 'information' we can use to determine some sort of guideline.

Currently the thread has 91,987 views. And if we divide that number by 329 we get roughly 279.6 views per day. Multiply that times 36 and we have a possibility of 10,065 more views, which if added to the existing 91,987 we get 102,052.

I think we will top 100K with ease...

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welding Helmets

I would like to pose this question to any of the readership that weld. I currently have a very inexpensive auto-darkening welding helmet that isn't worth a crap. I cannot see anything with it except the very arc itself, and not being prescience I find it difficult to make a decent weld under those conditions.

Therefore I am researching welding helmets. (I have sent a PM to Bert-man, knowing that he will more than likely provide me with a five page dissertation on the subject.) But I would appreciate everyone's input. I am currently leaning towards Lincoln's 4C technology, in their 1840 series.

Would any or all of you guys with experience please chime in? I would greatly appreciate your candor on the subject.

Roger

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: OK - here's the math

How to estimate the number of views we might expect by midnight October 31, 2017.

There are 36 days remaining until that date, meaning that we have 329 days of 'information' we can use to determine some sort of guideline.

Currently the thread has 91,987 views. And if we divide that number by 329 we get roughly 279.6 views per day. Multiply that times 36 and we have a possibility of 10,065 more views, which if added to the existing 91,987 we get 102,052.

I think we will top 100K with ease...

Roger

Only issue with your math is this is the time of year problems start going away. We must wait for snow season to start. Our readership has gone down as well as the new problems we see. So that in my openion will lower the read amout 10 fold. Oh the October month is so hard on the ones that get bored easy. You will notice how many helpers are chiming in at this time for each problem that comes up. Everyone needs to help and if there is not enough to go around everyone starts chiming in. I do not have a problem with everyone helping this is just an observation.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Re: Welding Helmets

I would like to pose this question to any of the readership that weld. I currently have a very inexpensive auto-darkening welding helmet that isn't worth a crap. I cannot see anything with it except the very arc itself, and not being prescience I find it difficult to make a decent weld under those conditions.

Therefore I am researching welding helmets. (I have sent a PM to Bert-man, knowing that he will more than likely provide me with a five page dissertation on the subject.) But I would appreciate everyone's input. I am currently leaning towards Lincoln's 4C technology, in their 1840 series.

Would any or all of you guys with experience please chime in? I would greatly appreciate your candor on the subject.

Roger

Put some strong spot lights / flood lights on the job and try that.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

this is the one I have, you can read the paper and weld at the same time.....LOL
MIL257213.jpg

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

Good Morning Folks!!!!!! Happy Wednesday!