The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

"Of course that 'assumes' we get back in from hauling traps today! The fog is thicker than pea soup this morning, but I expect we'll make it, we always do!"
I am guessing here but you do have a compass with you, correct? Well then is push comes to shove, steer a heading of 270 till you find land. LOL Congrats on joining the new club, Any thing like the "Tail Hook Association"? If you really get drunk during the meeting would that mean you got Holland Day Sauced? I think Boo is rubbing off on me.

Tom

That's a GOOD thing Tom, now YOU can pick up my slack , ( LOL ) ( Hollandaise-Sauce ) good one ! How's things over your way?? they dropped news coverage of Texas around here since Irma hit, and now they're focusing on Marie, then back to politics and B/S programming. I don't know where we're going to get all this money to help folks rebuild ! Guess they just print more of it, but then everything is just a paper shuffle these days anyway. Still gettin our place back in order, and keeping our storm supplies restocked for the next one. They won't let anybody in the keys replace a mobile or modular home to replace it with the same type any longer, they're changing the builing codes AGAIN !! can't blame them, the loss is overwhelming from each storm and a lot of folks are not insured. I DON'T believe in the so-called "climate-change" story, yes we have changes but I believe the planet go's through cycles like the ice-age and drought periods, and we are in the front (or back) of a cycle period, which may last for "boo-koo" years . OR ... maybe the Good Lord want's our attention, letting us know who's REALLY in charge !! I DON'T have a death-wish , BUT I'm glad I'm in the winter of my life, and to me, I've lived to see some of man's GREATEST ( to me anyway) accomplishments . That's MY story and I'm stickin to it. Well it's almost daylight, time to get my arse in gear, and see what the day holds in store , later guy's ........Boo ..:thumbsup:

Pumper54

Threads

Good morning Boo,
Things are settling down around the Houston area with most people starting the rebuilding. Was just at one of the big box stores the other day and they must have had 50 tons of sheet rock, stacks and stacks of the stuff. Looks like the city/county is looking at a "buy out" program for some of the areas that were hit with flooding again and again in order to build an other flood retention system. A GREAT BIG THANK YOU to all the out of state electrical workers who came to help get the power back on. We didn't loose power nor did we flood but then we live on top of a hill. Scammers and schemers are flocking to the area but the government is warning people about them.. When you see F.E.M.A. people telling you what to do just remember F.E.M.A. stands for Fix Everything My *****.
Hope you all have little or no more clean up.
Tom

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Holland Club

Thank you guys for the congratulations, I appreciate it..

I had no idea what a big deal they were going to make of this indoctrination. We had representatives speak and present us with letters of congratulations, from our Senator, Governor, two State Representatives and the entire State Legislature! The guest speaker was an author who had written a book about the Battle of Midway and he discussed the part that US Submarines played in that conflict. They even had a cake with our names on it! (I love cake!)

All previous Holland Club members came around and shook our hands afterwards. There was a pot-luck meal with enough food for an army.. Becky and my daughter's family attended... It was a great experience.

But enough of that! Tom, I'm glad to hear the TX is on the rebound already, like Boo said, TX has fallen out of favor with the news, just as FL soon will. It's back to political garbage and BS, which I guess are one and the same.. We have to count on you guys to keep us up with what's really going on..

Roger

Attachments

• Holland Club Induction.JPG
    Holland Club Induction.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 5

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

2132 Post by the anniversary date.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

I returned home after a week of insulating and sheet-rocking at my daughter's house between Houston and Galveston.
As she had about 6" of flood waters, only about the bottom 12" needed to be replaced, but that is the
most difficult section to redo......loads of get down, get up, repeat...........
And, I ain't as young as I used to was...........

I did about half the house, pretty much all the walls that didn't have stuff piled against them.

I noticed 2 columns of insulation that just wouldn't dry out. Adjacent studs on a corner of outside walls.
Turns out that the HVAC ducts were sweating..they gotta fix that.
Dunno about tearing off the sheetrock/insulation there. Apparently that has been going on for some time,
with no evidence of mold showing up.

Dunno.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I returned home after a week of insulating and sheet-rocking at my daughter's house between Houston and Galveston.
As she had about 6" of flood waters, only about the bottom 12" needed to be replaced, but that is the
most difficult section to redo......loads of get down, get up, repeat...........
And, I ain't as young as I used to was...........

I did about half the house, pretty much all the walls that didn't have stuff piled against them.

I noticed 2 columns of insulation that just wouldn't dry out. Adjacent studs on a corner of outside walls.
Turns out that the HVAC ducts were sweating..they gotta fix that.
Dunno about tearing off the sheetrock/insulation there. Apparently that has been going on for some time,
with no evidence of mold showing up.

Dunno.

Glad ya checked in Ron, yeah this repair work is gettin to be too much for us ol farts, I'll be 71 in Dec. and I feel like a 100 some days, just thankful I'm not in a wheel-chair or disabled , gettin old sucks, when your brain says you can, but your body says ya can't ! almost got our house back in order, looking like we MIGHT get lucky and NOT get a visit from Maria, Lord knows we sure as hell don't need another storm to contend with, latest pictures of the LOWER keys show utter devastation, NO electric, no water, no nothing, looks like Hiroshima after we nailed that . people were finally allowed to go back but were warned it's NOT suggested to stay, no utilities and no anything ! stay at your own risk, some folks even talking about forbidding living in the keys , to make it a state park for visits only, Havent heard much more as even the news crews don't like being there. Time will tell. Hope your re-build efforts go quickly and safely, I wonder if Pago-Pago has earth-quakes or floods, or tornadoes, or blizzards or topless dancing girls !! LATER guys !

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Hey guys, reason I'm not posting much is that my puter is dying on me, it's 9 years old and I'm runnin Windows Vista, that it came with, I really LUUUUVE Vista, yep there are a few of us hangin in there, I have Windows 10 on the wifeys puter and we both HATE it, we up-graded ( should say DOWN-graded) from windows 7 which was another good op system, Gonna start the search for a new puter, but I have much to try and sort and save before doing so, biggest thing is my Windows Mail program which is a private e-mail program with NO advertising or B/S anything just can't access it from another computer like web-mail, so easy to use though. I do have an AOL mail account also but I use that for clubs, organizations etc. I think my video card took a hit from a power surge before the storm looks like my surge protector is fried . I really ..&@$@+)%$# HATE Windows 10 . But I'm not a nerd and don't use the puter for more than e-mails, pics, and personal business, .. OH and ordering parts ..MOST important !!..( LOL ) Guess I just hate change ( except for socks & my Burger-King undies ( home of the Whopper..ya know ) ..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

2132 Post by the anniversary date.

Hey Chuck, Rog N I were DREAMIN bout reaching ..100,000 by Anniversary ! ... NAH .... no way, but no matter, we'll probably break 90,000 and THAT, is still one hell of a run !! I'm so glad to be a part of this group, OK so I pissed some people off, BUT I still have'nt found any bullets in my arse ...YET !! ( LOL ) ALL in ALL this is a great thing we have going, I sure hope ALL the group ( and more to join ) will see the 2nd Anniversary ...DO YOU HEAR ME BERT ..????? I love that that Aussie schitt, .. he is a walkin encyclopedia , give that man a pint will ya !! OK later ..... Boo ..:thumbsup:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

I thought we were guessing post not views. I guess i will have to recalculate for that.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

OK so I pissed some people off, :

Better off than on............

My email signature reads"You can lead a man to water but you can't keep him from pissing in it"