The Daily Yardman Thread

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Physical addiction is real, but I believe the will can overpower it.
I had been a 3 pack a day smoker until I DECIDED to quit.
Sure, I had withdrawal symptoms, but I mentally disassociated them from smoking.

That was in 1980. Never went back............

Last edited:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Sure, I had withdrawal symptoms, but I mentally disassociated them from smoking.

That was in 1980. Never sent back............

Does that make us the 3 "Wise-Men" .. ???.. :cool:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

That was in 1980. Never went back............

Lots and lots of verified deaths caused by people trying to go cold turkey.
Even worse is all the severe brain damage done by people going cold turkey turning them into vegetables and destroying the lives of all around them.

We used to work in the drug capital of Australia , the Surry Hills - Darlinghurst area of Sydney city.
It was also a cheap rent area with lots of of small factory buildings that got converted into photo studios.
Addicts being dragged out of loading docks or garbage skips comatose was a daily occurance.
Customers fighting addictions was a regular occurence.

There was a really good BBC series of doco's that very clearly explained the chemistry of drugs & drug addiction. can't remember the name of it right now.
Like I said before, I used to believe it was just mind over matter but experiences have shown that was just me.
I enjoyed using various substances will still drop the odd acid trip ( if I am sure of quality & strength ) and really enjoy a joint at sunset, after work with a large tawny port.
But these are special treats, not daily events.
I know a lot of people who grow their own so a bit of weed is never a problem.

Prohibition is the problem.
The US proved it would not work for boose
Portugal has proven it does not work for ilicit drugs either
And Holland has proven it did not work for pot.

It is always a mystery to me how countries with a 100% belief in the free market system can decide it stops at a persons skin and some twerp in a shinny suit has the right to decide what you put in it or do with it.
There was another docco made in the 90's called "How to make money selling drugs" if you have not seen it , dig it out.
It shows clearly that the biggest money is made by Law enforcement agencies that have set up massively powerful power structures to feed the egos of their bosses.

There was another interview I cam across which showed just how dependent the US dollar and economy was on South American Cocaine and what the economic ramifications would be if it stopped overnight.
Now there was no counter point presented, it was a little one sided but the more coke that comes into the country the better it makes the US currency which makes for good financial figures which allows politicians to brag about how good they are running the country and how much less tax the people will have to pay so they get voted for.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Any of you guys use this type of leaf collector ?? and your valued opinion please !

00i0i_9VIMKDgxtuG_1200x900.jpg...00j0j_jSxRxGfHd8E_1200x900.jpg...00k0k_4EarDxRfl3I_1200x900.jpg

Threads

The ONLY good thing about being a drunk is.... ya don't have to go to those damned meeting's .. :laughing:..:laughing:
Yep I'm happy sipping on a few in the afternoon's 9 or 11...... Sometimes none, sometimes 2 or 3 Not hard whiskey just Coor's light, the Silver Bullet......

I have a real BAD back and I am taking Norco 10.....3 a day.... I only take a whole one when I wake up, after that I break them in half and take them over time.... I need surgery bad and my surgeon said it will not cure my pain so I will be on some sort of pain meds for a long time....

They wanted to go thru my stomach area for the surgery... Hell no I said find another way to get those rods and clamps and screws in there...

I am blowed out from my T 12 down to my Tail bone L 5..... I have to watch how I move all of a sudden because if something catch's wrong I'm screwed......

I hear a lot of horror stories about back surgeries from the front and the back areas... I don't know what I'm gonna do yet ~!~!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 237,891

Total views 829

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

morning Ted, Stayers and Newbies.

Sunrise 60.gif

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Good night Bert.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

morning Ted, Stayers and Newbies.

View attachment 36404

UHHhhhh Chuck, the coffee idea is great, BUT, can we leave the flower and feminization part out, unless you meant this towards your sweetie of course !! ..:laughing:..:laughing: