The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Boo Boo has slipped off the map

After that one posting from Boo Boo, we haven't heard anything, which is very out of character for him! As far as I can determine Leesburg where he holed up wasn't badly impacted and I wonder if he headed back to his home which is in a more rural area almost directly North of Leesburg and they do not have power restored there yet.

No emails, no PM's and no posts.. Not like Boo.. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that he and his family are well and that we'll hear from them soon..

Roger

Not much from the rest of you guys either!! Is everybody alright? Or are you all glued to the Weather Channel? Doc, you have been conspicuously missing from action, everything OK in NJ??

I'm getting worried...

Rog

NorthBama

Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Everything ok here in North Alabama. Rained all day yesterday no wind damage here just rain. Its cool here today set a record for lowest high temperature yesterday. I am sure Boo will be back as soon as he gets settled into his caption chair at home.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Im just quiet like normal.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

All is good here.........fall has started early and once again I am being bombarded with people calling and stopping by to ask me to work for them. I really like having multiple Saturdays in a row so I am not in a hurry to go back to work. The last offer I got last night was for 3 times what I was making when I retired. They even threw in a company car.:confused2: It appears that all my certifications and my fully loaded commercial driving license is becoming more and more rare in NJ.

Glad to hear everyone is safe........I know many people are dealing with hardships from the storm, spoke with my mum in Atlanta and she said the power was back on and she is fine........85 years old and not wanting help from anyone....typical Britt right there.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

can all of you blokes have a big belly full of garlic face north -east , bend over and let it rip.
With a bit of luck your combined flatulence will blow some of that rain this way.
Two weeks into spring, all the grass is dead as in the business.
Did a couple of fire pumps but looks like another dud season.
No rain July 2" August and none on the radar till October.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

I will be wishing some for you. Not sure what good that will do seeing i get nothing for my wishes.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

I will be wishing some rain for you. Not sure what good that will do seeing i get nothing for my wishes.

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Post Harvey & Irma check-ins

Thanks to all you guys for checking in, it was bad enough not knowing how friends in the Keys were without worrying about the rest of you!! (What is it with growing old? You start worrying about schitt that never bothered you before!!) Getting in touch with my feminine side, I guess.. All new and different anyway.. Can't even watch a movie (Like "The Princess Bride" - Doc) without a box of tissues nearby.. Becky just laughs at me.. That's embarrassing! Especially at the movies..

Anyway - Nothing from the Keys yet.. Nothing from Boo except that one posting.. I think I must have his phone number, I'm going to rattle his cage..

OK - Here's the scoop. Boo Boo is alright. His house survived and they are back home. However, he has no power and more than likely will not have any for some time yet to come. Many large trees in his area came down and took the power lines down with them. His local transformer station had damage and they are having problems getting the necessary parts to repair it. He's going to give me a call once and a while to let me 9and you guys) know how things are coming along.. He asked me to tell all you guys this: Look on the bright side. As long as he doesn't have power, we don't have to put up with his B.S. on the forum! I think he's got a point!! LOL :wink::wink:

Roger

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Well I know Boo is ok because that sounds just like him.

NorthBama

Threads

Thanks Roger for the update.