The Daily Yardman Thread

NorthBama

Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Sorry I have been absent for a few days. I best jump back in or this thread may go the way of the moose.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Sorry I have been absent for a few days. I best jump back in or this thread may go the way of the moose.

AH..HA ..!! As faith would have it... (being an Air Force "sky-boy' ) I looked upward.. and from the threatening
broadest, deepest, darkened, clouds above I saw the most faint of an opening ...revealing a strange and eerie
glowing resemblance of light... THEN !! I knew... HOPE is immortal !! and athough I saw not from where it came...a deep voice came bellowing out of that small ray of light...HERE I AM TO SAVE THE DAY !!!

A mouse ...???? ..........:laughing:...:laughing: ...:laughing: ...:laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

SOoooo... I guess the idea of turning this mower into a submarine ...has gone the way of my passion for
sand-papering a wildcat's butt in a phone-booth ...!! ( LOL )

...................phone-booth-002.jpg

Yeah Rog... talkin bout ya .... NOT to ya !!! .........:laughing: ..:laughing:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

SOoooo... I guess the idea of turning this mower into a submarine ...has gone the way of my passion for
sand-papering a wildcat's butt in a phone-booth ...!! ( LOL )

...................View attachment 31686

Yeah Rog... talkin bout ya .... NOT to ya !!! .........:laughing: ..:laughing:

Boo,

No I haven't given up on the 'submarine parade float', I just haven't gotten into it yet. I've got several projects out at camp I have to tackle this Spring. If - (and this is a BIG IF) - the old float will still - 'float', then I only have to replace and/or rebuild one 12-foot ramp. That will make the dock useable for another year. I still have to build four bunks in the bunk room we built last year. And last, but not least, I have to rebuild the pump/storage building, which will include a new floor and new roof as well as a new door.

Here at home I have to renovate the spare bedroom. We keep offering it to friends to come for a visit, but currently there isn't even a bed in it! That project keeps changing in scope (via the 'lady' of the house) so I don't know how involved it's actually going to be. We do 'plan' to buy a new bed for our bedroom, then ours will end up in the guest bedroom. When that will happen is also up to - 'you know who'!

I have to get the engine in the Yardman running smoothly first and I plan to run some Sea Foam through it before I fall back and ask your assistance in rebuilding the carb.

I also have to "think" about how to fasten the support frame work to the Yardman for the sub-hull and you know how hard "thinking" is for old bubbleheads who have spent too many years under pressure.. (Blame it on - Nitrogen Narcosis!!)

So, I may get to it fairly soon, then again, I may not... You riding me or what???

OH!! And sandpapering a wildcat's butt is nothing compared to jackin' one off with a hand full of cockle-burrs.. (or in your case, 'sand-spurs') THAT takes some grit, now I'll tell ya... You'll come out with more scratches than Ford Fiesta in a demolition derby.

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Boo,

No I haven't given up on the 'submarine parade float', I just haven't gotten into it yet. I've got several projects out at camp I have to tackle this Spring. If - (and this is a BIG IF) - the old float will still - 'float', then I only have to replace and/or rebuild one 12-foot ramp. That will make the dock useable for another year. I still have to build four bunks in the bunk room we built last year. And last, but not least, I have to rebuild the pump/storage building, which will include a new floor and new roof as well as a new door.

Here at home I have to renovate the spare bedroom. We keep offering it to friends to come for a visit, but currently there isn't even a bed in it! That project keeps changing in scope (via the 'lady' of the house) so I don't know how involved it's actually going to be. We do 'plan' to buy a new bed for our bedroom, then ours will end up in the guest bedroom. When that will happen is also up to - 'you know who'!

I have to get the engine in the Yardman running smoothly first and I plan to run some Sea Foam through it before I fall back and ask your assistance in rebuilding the carb.

I also have to "think" about how to fasten the support frame work to the Yardman for the sub-hull and you know how hard "thinking" is for old bubbleheads who have spent too many years under pressure.. (Blame it on - Nitrogen Narcosis!!)

So, I may get to it fairly soon, then again, I may not... You riding me or what???

OH!! And sandpapering a wildcat's butt is nothing compared to jackin' one off with a hand full of cockle-burrs.. (or in your case, 'sand-spurs') THAT takes some grit, now I'll tell ya... You'll come out with more scratches than Ford Fiesta in a demolition derby.

Rog

LOVE IT when I get the hairs on your "set-down" to turn into barbed wire ..( LOL )

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

LOVE IT when I get the hairs on your "set-down" to turn into barbed wire ..( LOL )

I love it when I realize I have any hair at all! Barbed-wire or silky-smooth... Besides, it takes more than a run-down flyboy to get my dander up!! LOL... After all, I is a Deep Divin', Death Defyin', Steely-eyed Killer... (Or maybe "was" one of those - once..)

You know all the sayings: "Run Silent - Run Deep", "Pride runs Deep", there's only two kinds of ships: "Submarines and Targets" And the one YOU should remember: "There are far more airplanes in the ocean than there are submarines in the sky"! (A memorable quote by Hogan's Goat.) And my personal favorite: "As long as your number of surfaces equal your number of dives, you're golden!"

Sound the diving alarm! - Take her down, take her deep - Rig for deep submergence! - Rig for silent running. - Maintain a zero bubble...

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I love it when I realize I have any hair at all! Barbed-wire or silky-smooth... Besides, it takes more than a run-down flyboy to get my dander up!! LOL... After all, I is a Deep Divin', Death Defyin', Steely-eyed Killer... (Or maybe "was" one of those - once..)

You know all the sayings: "Run Silent - Run Deep", "Pride runs Deep", there's only two kinds of ships: "Submarines and Targets" And the one YOU should remember: "There are far more airplanes in the ocean than there are submarines in the sky"! (A memorable quote by Hogan's Goat.) And my personal favorite: "As long as your number of surfaces equal your number of dives, you're golden!"

Sound the diving alarm! - Take her down, take her deep - Rig for deep submergence! - Rig for silent running. - Maintain a zero bubble...

Rog

WELL Swabbie... I guess ya clipped my wings for now ... and for a short time I'm up Schitts Creek
with-out a paddle...

....................hqdefault.jpg

BUT ya still gotta .... LOOK-UP .... to me !!!

mhavanti

Threads

I'm a bit concerned about the quantity of nitrogen in Rog's blood stream. There may have been some loss of integrity in the submersible he was serving. lol.

Did enjoy the quotes Rog.

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

I'm a bit concerned about the quantity of nitrogen in Rog's blood stream. There may have been some loss of integrity in the submersible he was serving. lol.

Did enjoy the quotes Rog.

Stu - (I'm sure you get that one!! LOL..) You are absolutely correct there has been a complete loss of integrity in all three boats I served on:

Here's the first one: USS Tigrone AGSS-419 - At the time of her decommissioning, Tigrone was the oldest submarine in commission in the United States Navy, as well as the last unit of the submarine force still in operation to have taken part in combat action in World War II. Her name was struck from the Naval Vessel Register on that same day, and she was sunk as a target on 25 October 1976.

Here's the second one: USS Cobbler SS-344 - Along with USS Corporal, Cobbler was transferred to Turkey, under terms of the Security Assistance Program in 1973. Both submarines were handed over on 21 March 1973 in New London. Cobbler was renamed TCG Çanakkale (S 341), the second submarine of that name. She was formally decommissioned, struck from the US Naval Register, and sold, 28 November 1973. Arriving in Turkey on 15 January 1974 she was commissioned on 12 February 1974. She was finally decommissioned on 22 January 1998. - They say her final disposition is unknown, but I believe she too was sunk.

Here's the last one: USS Sailfish SS-572 - Sailfish was decommissioned on 29 September 1978 and stricken from the Naval Vessel Register the next day. She was to be disposed of by the Security Assistance Program for cash sale to a foreign navy, but remained berthed at the Naval Inactive Ship Maintenance Facility at Bremerton, Washington. In May 2007 the ex-Sailfish was disposed of in support of a Fleet Training SINKEX exercise when a Mark 48 ADCAP torpedo fired from the submarine Topeka sent her to the bottom at 47°05′47″N 127°23′08″W, 121.2 nautical miles (224.5 km; 139.5 mi) off the coast of Washington at a depth of 1,451 fathoms (8,706 feet; 2,654 meters).

More information on all three boats is readily available on line. I can't read it all, it breaks my heart..

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

And I know they HAD to be put out of service because of WHAT you sent into the galley exhaust fan !! (LOL )