The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Posted a huge page of info. but puter got knocked off-line, we got ALL utilities back as of this afternoon, will try to post more later, we are fine, deepest gratitude to all you well-wishers, much to do, back later , ya'll act intelligent, while i'm gone !! .. ( LOL ) :thumbsup: ..:laughing: ..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:..:cool2:

Boo,

Glad you're back buddy! You've been missed!! .... But "Act intelligent" ??? Who in hell are you kidding?? ... You DO know who you're talking to, right??? - LOL!!

Hey! I finally got an email from one of my buddies in the Keys. He runs a tow truck (like Doc) and says he's been straight out since the storm passed. He, his house and even his airboat (he had it in a steel building somewhere) survived.
(I think I posted pictures of his airboat somewhere on here.)
He told me my ex-girl friend (who happens to be his neighbor now) hauled butt out of the Keys before the storm and that she is fine and her house survived too..
So things are looking up!!

We'll all be looking forward to your snappy comments as soon as your work load allows..

Glad all is good, give Linda a hug for us...

Roger

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Yahoo! Boo Boo back on line :thumbsup: :laughing:

To: Goomba,Chuck,James Lewcious,Clyde,Tom,Doc,Trev, and ALL you other fella's put on your BIG Girl Panties !!
I'M Baaaaaaack !!!
First, THANKS for all your concern & prayers, wifey & I and our 3 cats are all fine, the cat's are a bit traumatized from being in carriers for transpo, & moving around, we've got 1 cat that likes to kick the schitt out of the other 2 and we have to keep them separated, (musical bedrooms) a real PITA ! House is intact with only minor damage, but the yards are full of small tree branches and leaves everywhere. LOT'S of raking ahead, but that's zip compared to the work some others with HUGE downed trees on their property have to contend with. just around the corner a mobile home caught fire and a 10 year old boy died, 3 other children & their mother escaped,but there are no further details yet, ( VERY SAD ) !
All in all our neighboorhood came through with no major damages thar WE have run across YET !! we dont travel far because the gas situation iis still touch and go, so we only go somewhere when it's really necessary. we got our water back on Thursday nite, and our electric yesterday ( Fri ) afternoon THAT was AMAZING ,but there of THOUSANDS of crews here from very many states working 12-16 hours per day, .. God bless them all !!! The Lower Keys are all but gone, the upper keys from Marathon NORTH are not much better, it will take a really LOOOONG time to re-build. Tampa & Naples are heavily damaged also, hard to get info now, lack of cable & satellite transmission lines down, EVERYTHING is sporadic my puter is acting stupid also, don't even know if you guys will get this post, Gonna try to get into Silver Springs Shores ( about 15 mi. away to do some grocery shopping , neighbor said she was there and it seems to be getting normal...??? we lost everything in the frig ... ( Thank You Lord, I was wanting to get rid of some of the wifey's science experiments in there for along time..8 bottles of salad dressing, apple-cider vinegar, enough condiments for a Chinese, Italian, French, Jewish, Polish SMORGASBOARD !!! and more, good thing I don't "drink" anymore, AHhhh, I remember well the taste of an ICE-COLD Budweiser & a HUGE soft-pretzel !! OH WELL ... ) I guess you guys have seen & heard most of the reports on TV , all in all, it does seem that for as big of a storm it was we got off better than expected. Like I said info. as of last nite is half-rumor, half true . well my compadres, time for my coffe and shake the wifey out of the rack, much to do, Thank God we're retired, OK you guys ... you know the routine, ..ACT INTELLIGENT till I get back, HAH - Fat Chance of that !! Later ...... Boo ..:thumbsup:

NorthBama

Threads

Boo Glad you made it through the storm with out much damage. ACT INTELLIGENT I don't have much to work with. Welcome back.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

News tends to be funny like that.
We were in Rome during violent government change in the 70's.
The TV showed bullets flying in the street, we slept through it.
Then when we got to the UK they were showing footage of "massive riots" in Brixton and again we heard 1 police car and slept the entire night .
Mum had the consulate chasing us (pre cell phone days ).
They videoed the news and it was all bull as they showed the house next to were we were staying burning to the ground.
We have a short show called Media Watch on the government channel & they are always calling out the commercial channels for using stock footage of a disaster rather than actual footage of the disaster and many times we were shown things is a different country.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

Glad all is well Boo

Pumper54

Threads

Boo, glad to hear from you again and know that all is good with y'all. Take whatever time you need to clean up the yard and then help out otbers in ths 'hood.

Tom

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Just hoping this recovery is not in vain, 3 more storms out there now, Marie is headed in our GENERAL direction, then Lee is still forming, and another depression forming after that, W.T.F. is going on, ??? NEVER had this many storms this close together, we decided to stay if it comes our way, well..MAYBE !! prepping and moving , the cats and us are stressed out, hope all these hurricane repair crews will come back again if needed but they have families waiting for them to come home and they're in dire need of a Looong rest. They really saved our arse's ! anyway guys it's a beach workin in this 90+ heat, can only work from sunrise till about 11:00 then it's back to A/C till 5:00, a lil more outside work then dinner, and relax. Was talkin to the guy in the mirror again this morning, he keeps tellin me how intelligent I am, and handsome too ! I really like that guy, but I suspect he's having an affair with my wife !! ..( LOL ) OH well ..later ...Boo ..:laughing:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
TODAY: September 17, 2017

Well, this is just for a change of venue, even though having Boo back and hearing how other folks in TX and FL are faring after their storms, is far more important.

Anyway - today I get indoctrinated into the rarified auspices of the Submariners "Holland Club"! The Holland Club is for submariners who qualified in submarines 50 years ago. And I was qualified on April 5, 1967, by Commander Alden Anderson, Captain of the USS Cobbler SS-344. Proudest day of my life.. Well, one of them anyway.. I got married once, had a couple kids and schitt like that, but that doesn't seem to count for much today, especially the marriage! LOL

This pdf outlines the Holland Club indoctrination procedure: http://www.ussvi.org/Documents/Online_Manuals_HollandClubInductionSpeech.pdf

Once we get in from hauling lobster traps this morning, I'll have to "schitt, shower and shave" just like the old days before we'd "hit the beach" on liberty. Slip into a new pair of dungarees and a USS Cobbler SS-344 polo shirt, don my SUB VET hat and head for the American Legion Post in Augusta. Hell, even my daughter and her entire family are going to be there!

Of course that 'assumes' we get back in from hauling traps today! The fog is thicker than pea soup this morning, but I expect we'll make it, we always do!

You guys have a fine day and Boo-Boo, don't you work too hard now, ya hear?

Roger

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: TODAY: September 17, 2017

Well, this is just for a change of venue, even though having Boo back and hearing how other folks in TX and FL are faring after their storms, is far more important.

Anyway - today I get indoctrinated into the rarified auspices of the Submariners "Holland Club"! The Holland Club is for submariners who qualified in submarines 50 years ago. And I was qualified on April 5, 1967, by Commander Alden Anderson, Captain of the USS Cobbler SS-344. Proudest day of my life.. Well, one of them anyway.. I got married once, had a couple kids and schitt like that, but that doesn't seem to count for much today, especially the marriage! LOL

This pdf outlines the Holland Club indoctrination procedure: http://www.ussvi.org/Documents/Online_Manuals_HollandClubInductionSpeech.pdf

Once we get in from hauling lobster traps this morning, I'll have to "schitt, shower and shave" just like the old days before we'd "hit the beach" on liberty. Slip into a new pair of dungarees and a USS Cobbler SS-344 polo shirt, don my SUB VET hat and head for the American Legion Post in Augusta. Hell, even my daughter and her entire family are going to be there!

Of course that 'assumes' we get back in from hauling traps today! The fog is thicker than pea soup this morning, but I expect we'll make it, we always do!

You guys have a fine day and Boo-Boo, don't you work too hard now, ya hear?

Roger

Well since you call me the facebook guy....here you go "LIKE"...:thumbsup:

Pumper54

Threads

"Of course that 'assumes' we get back in from hauling traps today! The fog is thicker than pea soup this morning, but I expect we'll make it, we always do!"
I am guessing here but you do have a compass with you, correct? Well then is push comes to shove, steer a heading of 270 till you find land. LOL Congrats on joining the new club, Any thing like the "Tail Hook Association"? If you really get drunk during the meeting would that mean you got Holland Day Sauced? I think Boo is rubbing off on me.

Tom