The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

I do not have an issue with "GLOBAL-WARMING" as it is called. After all I have mowed all the way into November for the last 2 years. My issue is it is man made. Seeing a volcano eruption has more of the stuff we are trying to reduce than all of what man has created in our existence.

WELLLL as a young lad, ... I was taught ( OLD-SCHOOL ), the planet has "climatic evolutions" , ie. we have "ice-ages" & then "hot droughts" many, many hundreds of years apart, guesstimated from very deep soil samples and various archaeological finds, I just think about the GRAND CANYON !!
As you say, one good volcano eruption puts more contaminants into the atmosphere than mankind has EVER done, Al Gore & gang are making BILLIONS by selling Bull-scvhitt! ..:mad:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Rog, I can understand your revulsion at the sardine menu...after all, you, more so than anyone else on this forum,
can relate to the sardine............having cruised about in the ocean packed tightly in a can with other men......

I saw a cartoon once, ala Far Side, which depicted 2 fish observing a passing submarine. One fish said to
the other "Look at that-humans in a can."
I have not been able to locate that cartoon on the web, otherwise I would post in your honor......

As for the oats, they are a tasty breakfast dish that many have never tried..............their loss.

Ron,

I can visualize the cartoon, it has probably occurred in reality numerous times, only in 'fish speak' and we can't understand that yet.

Oats should only come slightly processed into little round shapes like tiny life savers with honey already on them, to be eaten cold with banana slices and cow or almond milk.
Never heated into a mush-like substance, that is all gooey and nasty.. Yuck!!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Ron,

I can visualize the cartoon, it has probably occurred in reality numerous times, only in 'fish speak' and we can't understand that yet.

Oats should only come slightly processed into little round shapes like tiny life savers with honey already on them, to be eaten cold with banana slices and cow or almond milk.

EXCUUUUUSE ME !! I want my MAYPO !! or Farina will do .

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

So what is the big fuss about STEEL CUT oats over plain rolled oats ?

Bert,

It's the difference between an outback rabbit being run over by bulldozer tracks at a diagonal angle, or being run-over straight-on by a large truck tire...

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

NEVER CLEAN OUT THE WOOD STOVE AND LEAVE THE ASH CAN IN OR NEAR THE HOUSE.........TAKE IT OUTSIDE TO A PAVED AREA, AND IF POSSIBLE POUR WATER INTO THE CAN!

Doc,

Your message is not rude in the least! You are promulgating information that hopefully will wipe out ignorance.. Ignorance can be fixed (with information), but the real problem is - you can't fix STUPID..

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Worst part Doc is they don't learn.
The insurance company will chime in and replace everything then it will be back to the normal brain dead operation.
I have actually seen people putting ash into a cardboard box and a person I ride with has a badly burned chest & face from running out of his house with a box of embers in his arms.

Although I really can not talk.
I was riding behind some one with throw over saddlebags .
One had dropped down & was sitting on the exhaust .
It burst into flames and deposited burning stuff all along the road which had a verge of long dry grass.
Realizing the potential for a massive bush fire, muggens here lept off his bike and proceeded to stomp out the burning grass.
Now if it had not been raining when we left then I would not have been wearing waxed cotton riding pants.
By then the rain was long gone & it was 30+ degrees.
So just as my quick thinking had put out most of the burning grass, the pillion on the 2nd bike to stop quick thinking put me out with her leather jacket.
Down side was the pants fell apart so I was in my undies 300 miles from home & ended up with bad sunburn by the time I got back.

That's what I like! A story with a "sunny ending"!! :cool:

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

Good morning everyone, it's snowing again....LOL but we all knew that right!....LOL

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: An urgent request for more substantive comments!

Hitler would be proud.

Bert,

All I'm going to say is Amen!!

Any of you left-winged social democrats out there should read that post by Bert-Man with great care and take it to heart. It doesn't take that much more government to become VERY intrusive in your life... It can already be seen in our so-called "Common Wealth" states.. Way to much control over their constituents. (IMHO!)

Roger

PS. Sorry for the political comment, but some of the issues that Bert raises, raises the hackles on my neck!

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: An urgent request for more substantive comments!

Bert,

All I'm going to say is Amen!!

Any of you left-winged social democrats out there should read that post by Bert-Man with great care and take it to heart. It doesn't take that much more government to become VERY intrusive in your life... It can already be seen in our so-called "Common Wealth" states.. Way to much control over their constituents. (IMHO!)

Roger

PS. Sorry for the political comment, but some of the issues that Bert raises, raises the hackles on my neck!

or the shackles on your feet

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Ron,

Your kind of oats sounds like a cheerie way to start the day....

Actually, steel cut oats are far from mushy. They have a much firmer texture that has been referred to as "nutty." (maybe
the oats are not all around these parts that is described with that adjective....)