The Daily Yardman Thread

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

TRY ANOTHER ......

https://i.imgur.com/ULQBKid.png ... Various models of John Deere Mowers

OK ........ I THINK I got it ! ............this is the last I'm going to post for awhile, I gotta take a break and regroup with my paper-work ..:confused2:

remember ....... ya gotta click on vertical, with the + ( magnifier) ....................View attachment 35424

It is a PNG and not pdf. What is up with that?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I guess that's the way the pic was originally formatted, there's all sorts of pic type files, JPG, PNG, BITMAP, PPS etc, you can see them in your puters file association listings ( which programs/apps open which files) at least that's the way it was on Win 7 and before.
( notice that post # 3957 is a JPG file ) the Husqvarna !

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Re: An urgent request for more substantive comments!

I hate to say it you guys, but I fear that if we don't start posting more interesting comments than "Good Morning", or "It's 6 below arsehole here this morning", I'm afraid the thread is going to wither and die on the vine.

Whenever the Gulf waters drop down as low as 60*F hundreds of manatees swim up river to the springs to keep warm. Here's a link to Three Sister's Spring and the manatee action there: http://www.threesistersspringsvisitor.org/

This is the weekend of the Manatee Festival, (or as we call it, "The Crystal River Worlds Fair"): http://www.gomanateefest.com/

You guys must have something exciting going on in your lives! . . . For instance I got a $254 speeding ticket yesterday!! . . That was exciting, now I'll tell ya!! . . . . . . . Bad boy, bad boy, whatcha gonna do? . . . . I'm gonna pay it! ... That's what I'm gonna do!!! . . . And then I'm going to slow down and enjoy the scenery..

Rog

That is interesting Rog.
We have Dugong up north & Sea Cows down south.
Dugong are protected in Aust except for 8 tribes of black fellas who are allowed to hunt & eat Dugong for cultural reasons, however the caveat on that is they have to be caught with traditional gear.
Black fellas have a very smart system of wildlife management where at birth children are assigned a totem animal or plant and get taught everything about them, migrations, reproduction, food sources etc.
They are forbidden from eating their totem and are responsible for the management of the totem, so no one in the tribe can catch one without the permission of the totem holder.
True enviromental protection and a big cause of conflict with white men who just shot any wild life at any old time for any old reason.
Are Florida natives allowed similar ?

As for your speeding fine, sorry to hear about that, but you are old enough to know better.
Would not happen down here.
Speeding fines start at $ 650 ( < 15 kph over ) , go up to $ 2000 ( > 45 kph over ) then anything faster is handcuffs & a night sleeping on wood.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

PNG ( Portable Network Graphics ) is an IMAGE file format so it stores text as dots on the screen, not as letters.
This makes files with a lot of text very large .
Also text does not enlarge past its original size, after which it pixelates and becomes unreadable.
It is really an upgraded GIF to take advantage of larger file word size.
GIF's are 8 bit PNG are 24 bit so supports a lot more colours.
GIF is a WEB file format so can only be read by a browser and only browsers written after 2010

A PDF stores text as text so it will enlarge and remain readable.
Because it stores text as text ( a specific key + font, ) the files are very small.
PDF's of course need a PDF reader but almost every word processor since 2000 will read a PDF.

If you start uploading complete manuals as PNG's you will run into maximum file size restrictions.
Note that JD put their owners manuals on line as chapters.
This is because they contain high resolution photographs and the complete manual would be a gigabite + file which would choke most internet connections ( unless you have fibre to the house ).

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

I guess that's the way the pic was originally formatted, there's all sorts of pic type files, JPG, PNG, BITMAP, PPS etc, you can see them in your puters file association listings ( which programs/apps open which files) at least that's the way it was on Win 7 and before.
( notice that post # 3957 is a JPG file ) the Husqvarna !

There are TEXT only files like DOC , RTF , TXT etc etc etc
There are graphics only files like JPEG, BIT, GIF, TIFF, etc
There are mixed files like PDF's .
There are internet only files like HTML

Some will convert into bad copies of the wrong file format.
Some will convert to a bad copy in the wrong file format and only be readable on computers running the same system as the file was made with.

For example the link in post 3957 took 11 minutes to finish downloading .
It displayed as a plain black screen.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

For a long time I've been trying ( on & off ) to find a way to send manuals or such, ( most of which are in PDF format) I've messed with several things, but never found anything,. that was EZ enough for this Polok to grasp, ..:laughing:,.. I ran across this by accident, looking for a particular picture I wanted to send to a relative. Here is a few ya'll can mess with, if you're inclined to do so, you might understand what I do not ! ( " imgur " ) this, I just used to do these PDF files, (pronounced -imager) , ( " Win-Zip " ) which downloads huge files onto your puter ( it's a "zipped-folder" ) it "compresses BIG files then you use WIN-Zip to open the files onto your puter, and the one I really want to learn , .. ( " ifranview " ) a picture editing program which is the one that lets you put " arrows " & " circles " on a picture ( to show us dummies a particular place, on something, in a pic, ( like the idle-screw on a carb. or whatever ) SO, have at em, just google or wiki-pedia the names and research their working innards, hopefully someone will understand how to manipulate them better than I did, ..:thumbsup: ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

There are TEXT only files like DOC , RTF , TXT etc etc etc
There are graphics only files like JPEG, BIT, GIF, TIFF, etc
There are mixed files like PDF's .
There are internet only files like HTML

Some will convert into bad copies of the wrong file format.
Some will convert to a bad copy in the wrong file format and only be readable on computers running the same system as the file was made with.

For example the link in post 3957 took 11 minutes to finish downloading .
It displayed as a plain black screen.

AHHhhh yes MR Bert !! you are just the fella we need, to get us to be able to do this !! your working knowledge of these things, should be able to lead us in the right pathways, how bout it ..??? ..:thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

For a long time I've been trying ( on & off ) to find a way to send manuals or such, ( most of which are in PDF format) I've messed with several things, but never found anything,. that was EZ enough for this Polok to grasp, ..:laughing:,.. I ran across this by accident, looking for a particular picture I wanted to send to a relative. Here is a few ya'll can mess with, if you're inclined to do so, you might understand what I do not ! ( " imgur " ) this, I just used to do these PDF files, (pronounced -imager) , ( " Win-Zip " ) which downloads huge files onto your puter ( it's a "zipped-folder" ) it "compresses BIG files then you use WIN-Zip to open the files onto your puter, and the one I really want to learn , .. ( " ifranview " ) a picture editing program which is the one that lets you put " arrows " & " circles " on a picture ( to show us dummies a particular place, on something, in a pic, ( like the idle-screw on a carb. or whatever ) SO, have at em, just google or wiki-pedia the names and research their working innards, hopefully someone will understand how to manipulate them better than I did, ..:thumbsup: ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Most forum applications will not allow ZIP files to be distributed or hosted.
This is to prevent malicous people using the forum to spread viruses, malwear or spywear.
ZIP files are not backwards compatiable so a file compressed with windows 10 can not be decompressed with windows 7.
Storage costs money to host and this forum is free, so they have very limited storage.
I am fine with that.
If some one wants a manual then they can PM some one who has it and get it as an attachment which you can do with PM's but not with posts.
This also makes sure that the forum is not in breech of copywrite legislation.
Some companies like Stihl for example search the web for illegally distributed copies of their IP.
Thus if some well meaning person uploads a host of Stihl manuals , Stihl can & will sue them.
Thus allowing file attachments to posts requires very dilligent moderation.

There are plenty of single model sites run by volunteers enthusiasts that host a plethoria of obsolete manuals , as you have already found many of them.
A better resource would be a simple list of the URL's for sites that host various manuals.
This is not Feaces Book where you get a mile of ego maniacs reposting the same stuff time & time again to inflate their own view numbers and thus their egos.

There is a description that I found very useful over the years.
"Knows just enough to sound intellignet while being a danger to themselves & everyone they come into contact with"

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 180,958

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Morning Boo.

It is snowing here again today. Here are not very well known facts for my city. We get an average of 26" of snow a year. Average of 4 snowfalls a year. The average amount of days snow is on the ground is 4. All in all, we do not have a snow problem. What we have is stupid people that can not drive in snow. We have one of the largest number of wrecks per snow day than any other city in the state.

EDIT: 26 inches not 26 feet

Last edited: